The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks Lose 2-1

Brad Bellick^

I guess 7 or 8 years at 7mil would be ok to u guys? Gimme a break. You guys either complain about the cap or complain about the length. Mind you he would easily command 7 mil in the open market.

12 years is way too much end of story

pretty sure he would of been fine with 5-6 million over 7-8 years its a bad contract

Then he can get 7 mil in Calgary and we can bring in a goalie who's capable of making routine saves.

Routine saves?

1st goal was a deflection that went 5-hole.

2nd goal was a 2-on-1 where Luongo had it tough. Not hard for Kruger to shoot wherever he wanted to when the goalie is trying to figure out whether to go for the pass or the shot.

Odd man rushes are not routine saves. They are starting to be as of late though.

Seriously what is this crap with blaming Luongo? He bailed the Nucks out on many occasions tonight. What? Multiple odd-man rushes for Chicago and all of a sudden the loss is on Lu?

How about we get some better defense and some actual scoring. Can't expect to win with 1 goal.

The odd man rushes have been GLARING since the Kings game

I like those lines both Kassian and Booth are far too good to be wasting away.

I've believed all along that Kassian needs to be with the Sedins for the Canucks to succeed. Kassian could make valuable room and breakdown the area in front of the net seeing how all teams collapse in front. The Sedins are far too weak to poke the loose pucks in with no room and Kassian would also bring the physical presense needed as well especially against the better teams and be what they need in the playoffs with the tougher style of play.

I agree. I even think he played well with Kesler in the few opportunities they had to play together.

Except for the fact that pretty much any other goalie stops that 2nd goal. Until Luongo finds a way cut out on the 5 hole goals and bellyflops, he'll be a huge liability in goal.

Really? Not true.

Kruger had all the time in the world. If it wasn't a 5-hole, he would have gone top cheese or anywhere else.

I went to the game, very dissapointing seeing a W slip through our fingers because of:

- the inability to score goals by committee even with glorious chances

- Poor defensive lapses at crucial times of the game

- Luongo can't shut the door down when this team needs him to. (He played great for 40 mins, but those 2 soft goals were huge buzz killer moments for the team. Lu says we need to start winning 1-0 type games based onthe make up of this team, I know its not always possible, but Luongo needs to start being that Game changer for us)

- this team shoots alot, but its from the perimeter.

The minute we admit to ourselves that we're not an elite team is the minute the losses will stop mattering.

Yeah ok we outshot the Hawks. How many A+ scoring chances did we give them? And how many of our shots were perimeter wafters that even I could stop?

No goals from the twins, no goals from secondary sources, no goals from the D. How is this team supposed to win? The current personnel isn't getting it done folks. We either burn up the time on the Sedins' new contracts or maybe they request a trade because they want a chance to win the Cup or.......we make major trades. Get rid of players, change the team identity, bring in some youth (the Hawks were skating laps around us today. No surprise though. They always do that), and get this team moving in the right direction again.

Easier said than done, I know, but we can't keep trusting the current personnel to get the job done. Clearly they're not doing it.

On a positive note: Luongo on After Hours was fantastic. Such genuine and honest responses. That clip they showed on him running the goalie session on his first ever After Hours appearance felt like it was a lifetime ago. He's come a long way since then. Way to go Lu.

So are you saying that the way he played in Boston is good enough to be in the NHL?

No not good enough in Bos and needed a stop on the 2nd goal tonight, I agree with you 100%/

Now you simply answer me:

Is 8 goals in 7 games enough to win you a STANLEY CUP in this league? Is getting shutout in a game 7 for the cup acceptable?

As I posted earlier this week prior last nights win during the slump, we scored 6 goals in 5 games and lost all 5 but in the SCF we scored 8 in 7 and managed 3 wins...Explain that

You don't think Lu playing like an AHLer during every single road game was a huge part of that?

For the love of god Heffy just stop will ya!!

If you understand hockey you would know the fact that when your goalie lets in 2 or less goals he's giving you a chance to win.

I get that your frustrated but cmon. You can't seriously be digging up crap about Luongo to justify the fact our offense can't get it done??

Do you realize that your crapping all over the top goalie for Canada??

Think about it.

I thought the game was unreal tonight. Tremendous pace throughout. Were an older team now and as the game wore on we once again lacked the killer instinct around the net.

It's a process = I have no idea what to do to improve this team.

Time for a GM change I would say. Bring in someone who can make actual bold moves to improve this team.

And no I'm not just saying this cause we lost. This needed to be done for a couple years now.

The minute we admit to ourselves that we're not an elite team is the minute the losses will stop mattering.

Yeah ok we outshot the Hawks. How many A+ scoring chances did we give them? And how many of our shots were perimeter wafters that even I could stop?

No goals from the twins, no goals from secondary sources, no goals from the D. How is this team supposed to win? The current personnel isn't getting it done folks. We either burn up the time on the Sedins' new contracts or maybe they request a trade because they want a chance to win the Cup or.......we make major trades. Get rid of players, change the team identity, bring in some youth (the Hawks were skating laps around us today. No surprise though. They always do that), and get this team moving in the right direction again.

Easier said than done, I know, but we can't keep trusting the current personnel to get the job done. Clearly they're not doing it.

On a positive note: Luongo on After Hours was fantastic. Such genuine and honest responses. That clip they showed on him running the goalie session on his first ever After Hours appearance felt like it was a lifetime ago. He's come a long way since then. Way to go Lu.

I agree with everything you said. More than anything this team needs to build an identity. The Hawks know they can beat teams with their skill. LA knows they can beat teams with their physical presence. This team has no strenght to attest to.

This situation sounds very similar to the LA kings two seasons ago when their season was going down the tubes, and were having a big problem in the scoring department despite having Kopitar, Brown, Richards and Williams. They fired the coach and brought in a new voice to the team and were able to ship out an expendable part for scoring help.

For us that very much sounds like the same notion we need to carry out. Either MG pulls out his family jewels and make a move, something Dave Nonuts could never do, or MG needs to go. His ignorance saying "its a process" is driving this team no where without any scoring help

It's a process = I have no idea what to do to improve this team.

Time for a GM change I would say. Bring in someone who can make actual bold moves to improve this team.

And no I'm not just saying this cause we lost. This needed to be done for a couple years now.

Gillis needed to go with AV and his coaching staff last year. Burke was available at the time and we all know how good he is at making trades, and I'm sure a few others as well that would've been better options than MG. We need a GM who has the balls to make a trade for a top six forward or two and wants to improve this team. Gillis is too scared to make a big trade for secondary scoring and uses the 'it's a process' excuse when we score 1 or 2 goals a game. It's honestly starting to drive me nuts.

Lu is ruining everyon's confidence by letting in soft goals at the worst possible times. He cost us a point today and it's laughable people actually don't have a problem with his effort on the 2nd goal.

King Heffy's ruining everyone's confidence by whining about when the Canucks have a breakdown. The team blew it big time and it's laughable he doesn't have a problem with the team's effort not only on the second goal but on the whole game.

King Heffy's ruining everyone's confidence by whining about when the Canucks have a breakdown. The team blew it big time and it's laughable he doesn't have a problem with the team's effort not only on the second goal but on the whole game.

And yet again you whine about my post while adding nothing useful to the convo. Do you or don't you think Luongo should have saved the second goal?

Or are you incapable of conversing like an adult?

And yet again you whine about my post while adding nothing useful to the convo. Do you or don't you think Luongo should have saved the second goal?

Or are you incapable of conversing like an adult?

I think Luongo could have saved both goals against - but I don't whine about him nor hate him like you do.

I cheer for my team through thick and thin - TBH, it's time you jumped off the bandwagon as I'm sick and tired of your meaningless posts.

I think Luongo could have saved both goals against - but I don't whine about him nor hate him like you do.

I cheer for my team through thick and thin - TBH, it's time you jumped off the bandwagon as I'm sick and tired of your meaningless posts.

Again, making it personal. Just because I expect better out of my team doesn't mean I don't want them to win. If you have that much of an issue with my posts put me on ignore and stop acting like CDC's equivalent of Brad Marchand.

Archived