The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Kings win 3-2 in OT

Brad Bellick^

Cancks are reeling.

Was luongo outplayed again?? One big save. Just cannot do it.

I do not understand how this lineup was to fight for a top 3 let alone a top 8 spot.

That was right after Screivens of all people kept his team in it by saving 4 shots in a row all of them glorious opportunites. No big save from Luongo moments later though.

Was the tying goal Luongo's fault? No it was Edler's fault but it could have been saved. It would have been a great save but it could have been saved. Those are the type of saves in clutch situations we don't get from Luongo these days. He is solid in a mediocre type way. The stats say Luongo is a average goalie and in this case the stats are right, enough of the elite talk when it comes to Luongo. Luongo is not elite anymore.

Anyone guess which players will be officially RESET next summer?

Luongo? Maybe he'll ask to get out of here (clause kicks in)

Kesler? Cause if he can't even play with the Sedins or any other winger and he won't play 3C role then is he useful here?

Edler- this is a no brainer

Hamhuis - could see him go since it'll be coming to the end of his contract

Burrows - some players have to go. Although with his no trade clause...

well the losing streak continues....with the only one win in the last 8 or last 9 games....sure we have been getting one point from some games....but that is not helping our standings....and since MG made this mess....I guess we will have to SUCK IT and see what happens....Torts can only do with what he has.....and if some Players don't start stepping up in a big way....they are going to SUCK.....PP SUCK....Secondary Scoring ...SUCK....maybe things will change once they go back on the road.... :(

You are right he did not need to be better! Why is it that evrytime Luongo is criticized so many Lu lovers take that is blaming the whole game on him.

How about that power play eh!! The guy has 2 things he could go at. The pp which has been shtt all season but he chooses to bag on luongo who if it wasn't for him and the ridiculous number of games of letting in 2 or less we would be right there with the oilers.

They need to get comfortable having the lead again, you could feel the pressure they were putting on themselves start to really weigh heavy at around the 5 minute mark of the third.

They are so unsure of themselves right now (fragile) that they can hardly bear to have the lead. It wasn't the pressure the Kings put on them, but the unbearable pressure that they have self imposed.

I know Torts sees this and IMO is the reason he hasn't come unglued. The boys played a great game and my hats off to Torts for approaching it the way he has. The SCF loss to Boston has cut pretty deep and unfortunately as Torts says " they have to learn to play the right way."

hes got a cushier position in calgary and he hates is not on good business terms with the aqualinis from what ive read.

But he loves Vancouver though, deep inside it probably kills him to see the two players he worked hard to draft being wasted away in their final playing years of their career.

This is fricken brutal that the team is working their a$$e$ off, outshooting and outplaying teams on a nightly basis and all they get for it is losses.

There were a lot of postive signs and have been for this long bad streak their on and they're bound to get rewarded and go on a run after all this adversity.

I would definitely be much more worried if they were flat out getting outshot and outplayed on a nightly basis.

Problem is what i've been saying for years i just don't trust Luongo and Edler in the clutch and they just continue to prove the same old crap to me.

Even though clearly we have had too much trouble finishing it just doesn't seem to matter how good the rest of the team plays these two soft as butter clowns are going to cost us big games when it counts more times then not.

I can't believe it took all this time but people are finally seeing this.

MG's biggest mistakes were signing Edler and Luongo.

ya because he is so close to another Stanley cup with his bold moves in Toronto

Burke is a very overrated GM

Bold Moves don't equal Playoffs

Leafs are a better team than vancouver and that team was built by Burke

And umm...alot of this team was, certainly the team that went to the cup ....think a bit champ

After they lost the scf in 2011 Gillis and the fanbase thought they had to build a team to beat Boston style teams. As shown tonight the team can handle any situation when the opponents try and take the game to the gutter. Unfortunately aside from the sedins and maybe Kesler the high end talent is not there.

The only way they can improve the team this season is to trade a top 4 D for a legit top 6 goal scorer. I think that one of bieksa, ham hamhuis or edler can fetch a decent return. Tanev is showing he can step up and be at least as reliable as those three.

Luongo seems to have an inability to make key saves at key moments. This is magnified by the lack of scoring. If someone managed to score one more goal on one of the other 7 pps the magnifying glass on Lou would go away.

This is fricken brutal that the team is working their a$$e$ off, outshooting and outplaying teams on a nightly basis and all they get for it is losses.

There were a lot of postive signs and have been for this long bad streak their on and they're bound to get rewarded and go on a run after all this adversity.

I would definitely be much more worried if they were flat out getting outshot and outplayed on a nightly basis.

Problem is what i've been saying for years i just don't trust Luongo and Edler in the clutch and they just continue to prove the same old crap to me.

It just doesn't seem to matter how good the rest of the team plays these two soft as butter clowns are going to cost us big games when it counts more times then not.

I can't believe it took all this time but people are finally seeing this.

I remember when people were screaming trade Bieksa when he was playing poorly...and look how he's playing now....

Leafs are a better team than vancouver and that team was built by Burke

And umm...alot of this team was, certainly the team that went to the cup ....think a bit champ

Gimme a break dude, we would beat the Leafs 90% of the time, the east is weak.

And people blaming Luongo for... anything, are just, well.. I don't know what to say.

Go jump off a bridge, perhaps.

Goaltending, as usual, is not our problem.

Archived