The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Can you read an analog clock?

Mainly Mattias

Telling time  

140 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

LOL it's a superior system and should be encourage. You will be assimilated.

On that note whenever you have to spell something out over the phone I always make a point of using Nato Phonetic Alphabet. It's Whiskey Tango Foxtrot not Willy Thomas Frank!

How is it "superior"? Just because you can count to 24? LOL only if I enlisted in the army or something. Otherwise, never! :)

I don't find it really takes any more time to read an analog clock versus a digital one. The one without any numbers is ridiculous though. Obviously you can still come up with a time but it's relatively meaningless since you're just assuming it's oriented correctly without any indication whatsoever if that is true.

I don't wear a watch. I tend to have allergic reactions to them and just gave up after a while.

I prefer 24 hour time and use it unless I'm talking to a friend that I know doesn't use it. As an added bonus if someone asks you the time and you respond with 24 hour time it's usually the last time they ask.

I have an analog watch, I don't really wear it though. It's just for jewelry and because it was my grandfather's. I wear it out sometimes but not on the regular.

Analog is easily readable to me.

For the most part I just check my phone or my iPod for the time. It's easier that way.

Military time is easily readable also. I don't understand how it's not for some people. If it's passed 12PM, all you do is add 12 and that's the military time. Simple.

1. Yes, although I had several friends in high school who couldn't. Not sure if they've learned since then.

2. Usually no, sometimes I do wear one if I'm going somewhere fancy.

3. Yes, I'm working on my private pilot license so I need to know military time.

you´re Pilot. you can´t worry about fashion things :) if it´s working you should ignore the people´s opinion. and I´m pretty sure you have a working clock on your Cessna or Piper :)

"On that note whenever you have to spell something out over the phone I always make a point of using Nato Phonetic Alphabet. It's Whiskey Tango Foxtrot not Willy Thomas Frank!"

yeah. but you can´t get girls using the phonetic alphabet because when you´re drunk "Alfa" turns into "Aia", "Oscar" turns into "Ohio" and spell "i want have Sierra Echo X-Ray with Yankee Oscar Uniform" will make girl think you´re a super nerd or a terroritst, or even both....

I love analog, big watches with a clean face to them. Those g-shocks in particular are quite annoying to read as with any other analog watch that has multiple little dials on the face.

https://charals.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=40_5&products_id=862&zenid=08092637412d515d2ee205284500c552

This is the one I have, love it. Company is local too, very durable watch.

Yes to all 3.

One time my coworker was right by a clock and asked me what time it was, and I simply gestured to the clock. She said she didn't know how to read it because the numbers were in roman numerals, and I laughed because I thought she was joking. Turned out she was serious. She can read an anolog clock only it's properly labelled with regular numbers, and even that "takes a while." Weird because she's a few years older than me and I can't even say that I grew up in the cell phone age.

I'm most interested to see that 60% don't wear a watch as I predicted several years ago that they would become a thing of the past. From time to time (pun intended) I ask those in the business about watch sales but they always assure me that they're as good as ever. I think their just in denial.

I haven't worn a watch in 10 years now.

Got tired of always setting them and they were a pain as they get in the way when you are doing some sort of manual labour - like electrical work, lift hay, construction, etc...

One of these things is not like the other... :) (I'm a hay lifter - buy it by the bale)

It'll be a sad day when people can no longer tell time (spell, use proper grammar, etc.). We're dumbing down folks.

I'm most interested to see that 60% don't wear a watch as I predicted several years ago that they would become a thing of the past. From time to time (pun intended) I ask those in the business about watch sales but they always assure me that they're as good as ever. I think their just in denial.

They just promote them as fashion accessories now ;)

One of these things is not like the other... :) (I'm a hay lifter - buy it by the bale)

It'll be a sad day when people can no longer tell time (spell, use proper grammar, etc.). We're dumbing down folks.

Gee...if you weren't such a nice Mod I'd say that was close to a personal attack. ;)

Sorry, I had to lift over 100 bales of hay recently and stack it in my temporary shelter...

I never realized how much I depended on my iPhone for time, etc, until I watched that Internship movie. That being said I can't remind the last time I wore a watch, sort of a shame since the one I had last purchased was quite pricey.

Archived