The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lucic says he'll never go to DT Vancouver

Lucic shows us what a sore loser can act like. Who cares that he's from Vancouver, he's a Boston citizen now.

He is the one yelling "I'll kill you! Do you know who I am?" Ya, your some drunk meathead looking to prove yourself in the Vancouver bars, only to be beat down off the ice like you were on the ice.

He's a loud mouth drunken bully! I for one am glad he won't come back. One less drunk downtown.

Lucic, please stop telling people you're from Vancouver!!

Ummm.... :unsure: Pretty sure Lucic was trying to reason with him. If there had actually been a fight Lucic is a BIG boy with plenty of fighting experience. That Vancouver drunk would have likely been pounded in to the vomit and urine soaked pavement of Granville and scraped off it it in to an ambulance. Thankfully Lucic isn't THAT stupid.

Arthur Griffiths tweets: " fans don't deserve to be slammed. He's a big boy and should quit whining," "He wouldn't be with the @NHLBruins today if it wasn't for the countless #Vancouver people who supported him years ago,"

This is getting blown way out of proportion. Did anyone see him (Lucic) speaking about it?...smirking? As reluctant as I am do feed this beast, I think the "poor Lucic" comments are borderline pathetic. My butt. He's a big boy when he's running guys (and his mouth) out there on the ice. People are making him a saint. He's far from it.

He left the rink after a humiliating loss. He was non existent out there on the ice. Ego deflated. His team has the flu and he was out at 4 AM, whooping it up. He wanted to blow off some steam....not go visit his family. Not rest up because he's part of a team that is struggling with illness and had just had a loss. Party.

His right - absolutely.

Someone allegedly threw a drink at then punched him in a club. But he was eating poutine when they met up once again. I think there may be more to this. I do believe some idiot likely targeted him, as a Bruin. That guy should answer for that not the city of Vancouver. We are good people and there's an agenda there in that - in doing that. A Bruin's calling out the city...not a hometown boy at that point. A rival opponent who's just had his butt handed to him on the ice in a convincing loss. And now he's taken the focus off that and made Vancouver a bad place again.

I don't agree with what happened here. I'd even feel slightly bad about it if the blame was being placed where it should. Not on a city. Not on my city and, as part of that, me. On the clown who did this. Only.

That smirk. Those decisions that were not based on the team, but were based on himself. Just like Marchand, doing what he did. There are some egos on that team. As much as that loss in '11 made some here idiots, it also made some there have their egos blow up.

Poor hometown boy who can't come visit his city? The one where he'd rather hit the streets than be with that family it seems?

I liked him in the past. As a Giant.

I think Boston's brought out the street rat in him.

Are you kidding me? Typical Canuck on their high horse thinking their team and fans can't do any wrong. If this was Kesler or Burrows getting in the same situation I would bet my life you would sing a different tune. There is a lot more piece of crap Canuck fans than you care to believe. I have lived in a few cities in Canada because of my job and Vancouver is the only place where I've gone to a game and be threatened with physical harm because I was wearing my Flames jersey at a game. Montreal, Toronto and even Edmonton I have been trash talked and laughed at, but always shown respect at the end of the game. Vancouver fans not so much. I am back living in Vancouver for the time being and refuse to go to a Canucks game because fear of my safety. The way Lucic's grandparents were treated, his church getting vandalized, and now this I would feel the same way as him and would have said the same thing. He has defended Vancouver in the past, but he has finally come to the realization there is a large majority of dirtball fans here. After all it took a lot of people to start the city on fire like a bunch of animals after they couldn't handle a loss.

Who are you even talking to?

Not you Tom. I am referrign to those who care what anyone thinks of Vancouver because of this "incident". It only matters because people care. Philly and Boston fans don't care if we hate their city. I would wager that there are many Bostonians who would cherish the fact that many Van Fans are this choked. I could scroll up and post some names of those who are using the term "victim" or "embarrassed" but so could you. That's who I'm referring to.

Are you kidding me? Typical Canuck on their high horse thinking their team and fans can't do any wrong. If this was Kesler or Burrows getting in the same situation I would bet my life you would sing a different tune. There is a lot more piece of crap Canuck fans than you care to believe. I have lived in a few cities in Canada because of my job and Vancouver is the only place where I've gone to a game and be threatened with physical harm because I was wearing my Flames jersey at a game. Montreal, Toronto and even Edmonton I have been trash talked and laughed at, but always shown respect at the end of the game. Vancouver fans not so much. I am back living in Vancouver for the time being and refuse to go to a Canucks game because fear of my safety. The way Lucic's grandparents were treated, his church getting vandalized, and now this I would feel the same way as him and would have said the same thing. He has defended Vancouver in the past, but he has finally come to the realization there is a large majority of dirtball fans here. After all it took a lot of people to start the city on fire like a bunch of animals after they couldn't handle a loss.

Need a tissue? I am from Calgary and I have had an entire beer poured on me for cheering a Canucks goal. There are bad fans and bad people everywhere....Vancouver is no different.

1. What high horse? There's been two hockey riots here. This is a sad, undeniable fact. Even if you don't want to call them Canucks fans or not.

2. Kesler and Burrows are both far more mature than Lucic, obviously. And smart enough to know how to avoid 4am sunday morning tustles.

3. Lol. Threatened physical harm? Oh noes, Mary. Did you swing your purse around to fend them off? Frankly, i don't even believe you. As mentioned in posts prior, several teams' fanbases have actually carried on through with the physical harm. Like Boston Bruins fans for example attacking a woman TO fan. So no, Vancouver is not a singularity in this regard.

4. Nobody's defending those actions taken on the church. So bringing it up over and over again is pointless. 'Canucks fans' didn't do it. Hooligans did. Know the difference.

5. Lucic hasn't defended this city after 2011. If he has, can a link be provided? Honestly, I'm curious.

6. I find these troll posts to be ignorant and repetitive, and are dodging what actually took place on Saturday, which was an arrogant drunk dude and another arrogant drunk dude getting into a spat at 4am on a sunday morning. Ho-freakin'-hum. But Lucic, if he had shown enough class and maturity, shouldn't have even been there.

Why am i bothering? Don't care what a Flames troll thinks anyhow.

Eighteen pages? "Young man sucker punched on Granville street Saturday night!" even if it is Milan would only be shocking if it didn't happen.

Now, hating on the entire city? That's one thing. Hating Granville street and the Surrey Jacks that invade it every weekend? That's another.

Not you Tom. I am referrign to those who care what anyone thinks of Vancouver because of this "incident". It only matters because people care. Philly and Boston fans don't care if we hate their city. I would wager that there are many Bostonians who would cherish the fact that many Van Fans are this choked. I could scroll up and post some names of those who are using the term "victim" or "embarrassed" but so could you. That's who I'm referring to.
If we are indeed that classless in Vancouver, frankly, I am VERY unimpressed in this town in that Lucic left town without even a mark on him.

In that light, why is Lucic crying this much about being shoved? Boo-hoo.

Lucic needs to grow up. I'm talking about his childish rant back in Boston. Dissing his hometown and everyone in it because of one drunken idiot. This is the city that supported him with the Giants for years. This is the city that has been lamenting the oversight of the GM in passing on Lucic at the draft ever since he went to Boston. He's had nothing but respect from real hockey fans here.

Even in that video he is surrounded by Vancouverites that are sticking up for him. One laughably shouts "Milan Lucic is beyond good right now!". And one tells Milan that he will act as a witness if he wants.

He is sounding like a big baby.

Oh.....but that doesn't mean I'm not still pssed that he's not a Canuck.

sid on tim and sid just said it perfectly....Lucic has every right in the free world to be out at night.... and the fact that anyone has anything bad to say about him in this siutation is completely ridiculous.... if you were not there how do you even voice your opinion about the event, you were not there you have no idea what happend... just because your team cant win game 7 at home doesnt mean everyone else is evil.. shut up and go home

sid on tim and sid just said it perfectly....Lucic has every right in the free world to be out at night.... and the fact that anyone has anything bad to say about him in this siutation is completely ridiculous.... if you were not there how do you even voice your opinion about the event, you were not there you have no idea what happend... just because your team cant win game 7 at home doesnt mean everyone else is evil.. shut up and go home
Well said. I like it when people who weren't there who are just voicing their own opinions about the event can tell everyone else who wasn't there that they shouldn't voice their own opinions. It just comes across as complete brilliance. Now if the guy followed his own advice at the end we'd be truly better off.

If we are indeed that classless in Vancouver, frankly, I am VERY unimpressed in this town in that Lucic left town without even a mark on him.

In that light, why is Lucic crying this much about being shoved? Boo-hoo.

What I don't fully grasp is why people are falling so hard for it. It's fairly obvious to me that it wouldn't have happened at all if he wasn't on the Boston team that beat us in the finals. The Used Enema Nozzle that picked the fight with Lucic was going to pick a fight with someone, conveniently Milan Lucic was there, and luckily for him Lucic didn't beat him senseless. At the very least Lucic has just ensured the rivalry is here to stay. I dare say everyone I know would be more interested in buying him a beer and hearing stories than punching him the head. So who's more "Vancouver".

I blame Nonis for not having any 2nd round picks to draft him with.

But yes, Lucic and his family should be able to live peacefully in this city without being harassed. He should be able to enjoy a night in town. If Lucic really was looking for trouble, I'm sure someone would need to visit the hospital that night.

And I don't think the Colorado and Joe Sakic comparison is as equal. Not many people expected us to beat Colorado, plus we usually played them in the first round. Most of these idiots weren't even on the bandwagon yet. Game 7 of the finals is when we had every idiot claiming to be a Canucks fan expert thinking it is their god given right to hoist the cup. Yet they can't realize that the Canucks were like 1/20 on the PP in the series.

Take your own advice Slappy.

You're another troll that really needs a life, always bitching about Vancouver, the Canucks and the fans.

1. What high horse? There's been two hockey riots here. This is a sad, undeniable fact. Even if you don't want to call them Canucks fans or not.

2. Kesler and Burrows are both far more mature than Lucic, obviously. And smart enough to know how to avoid 4am sunday morning tustles.

3. Lol. Threatened physical harm? Oh noes, Mary. Did you swing your purse around to fend them off? Frankly, i don't even believe you. As mentioned in posts prior, several teams' fanbases have actually carried on through with the physical harm. Like Boston Bruins fans for example attacking a woman TO fan. So no, Vancouver is not a singularity in this regard.

4. Nobody's defending those actions taken on the church. So bringing it up over and over again is pointless. 'Canucks fans' didn't do it. Hooligans did. Know the difference.

5. Lucic hasn't defended this city after 2011. If he has, can a link be provided? Honestly, I'm curious.

6. I find these troll posts to be ignorant and repetitive, and are dodging what actually took place on Saturday, which was an arrogant drunk dude and another arrogant drunk dude getting into a spat at 4am on a sunday morning. Ho-freakin'-hum. But Lucic, if he had shown enough class and maturity, shouldn't have even been there.

Why am i bothering? Don't care what a Flames troll thinks anyhow.

I am just trying to point out what hypocrites some people are. I am always hearing from Vancouver fans how classless other fans are when this sort of thing happens elsewhere, but when it happens in Vancouver it's either justified by saying other teams do it or somehow the blame is deflected. I'm not stupid enough to realize this doesn't happen in every other city, I just wanted to give some of my experiences to break the delusion that there are a fair amount of fans (and yes I will call them fans) that act like idiots in Vancouver. Lucic did take ownership of what he did the other night, and if you want a source from that, podcast any of the shows from 1040 yesterday. It's comments like Deb's that I find are a little ridiculous and it's clear that there are some people need a bit of a reality check

They should just fold the team. After all, we are by far the worst fans in the league. That gentleman who attacked Lucic is a shining example of every Canucks fan. Just look at the riots. We shouldn't have a hockey team since none of us can behave like civilized people.

Better yet, nuke the city. Sure, there are some living in Vancouver that don't follow hockey, but the very fact that they're from here means they're deplorable, horrible people who deserve it. Vancouver is like a modern Sodom.

I am just trying to point out what hypocrites some people are. I am always hearing from Vancouver fans how classless other fans are when this sort of thing happens elsewhere, but when it happens in Vancouver it's either justified by saying other teams do it or somehow the blame is deflected. I'm not stupid enough to realize this doesn't happen in every other city, I just wanted to give some of my experiences to break the delusion that there are a fair amount of fans (and yes I will call them fans) that act like idiots in Vancouver. Lucic did take ownership of what he did the other night, and if you want a source from that, podcast any of the shows from 1040 yesterday. It's comments like Deb's that I find are a little ridiculous and it's clear that there are some people need a bit of a reality check

Agreed. I'm tired of CDC using the word "classless". I'm starting to hate that word more than the phrase, "it's a process".

Vancouver is by no means the model of how to be a good sports team fan. There are more than enough idiots running around making a bad name for all of us, and that percentage of idiots is rising. Some of us have to get off the high horse and get a reality check and stop wishing death and bad things to happen to opposing players in a GAME.

Vancouver fans are quick to point out other fanbases being assholes because we're constantly being insulted ourselves. No, its not "persecution complex", People are always talking crap about Canucks fans. "Oh, riots. Oh, you defaced Lucic's church. Hurr ???? durr you guys shouldn't have a team." But when you point out that there were people running around downtown with balaclavas and stuff deliberately trying to start a riot regardless of outcome, or anything else like that you just come off as "Making excuses". I guess we should just accept that the citizens of Vancouver are just horrible people.

Bacially, you want to troll. Okay then.

I wanted a source on this mythical Lucic defending of the city before yesterday though. Not the first time i've heard it mentioned, but i haven't heard or read it from the source.

Archived