The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lucic says he'll never go to DT Vancouver

I am just trying to point out what hypocrites some people are. I am always hearing from Vancouver fans how classless other fans are when this sort of thing happens elsewhere, but when it happens in Vancouver it's either justified by saying other teams do it or somehow the blame is deflected. I'm not stupid enough to realize this doesn't happen in every other city, I just wanted to give some of my experiences to break the delusion that there are a fair amount of fans (and yes I will call them fans) that act like idiots in Vancouver. Lucic did take ownership of what he did the other night, and if you want a source from that, podcast any of the shows from 1040 yesterday. It's comments like Deb's that I find are a little ridiculous and it's clear that there are some people need a bit of a reality check

How do you(edit) not understand that you are badly generalizing. Which Vancouver fans are saying other teams fans are classless? Not me, not my friends, coworkers or family. There are classless people everywhere. Go tell one of the 17,500 Sixty plus year old fans that are privileged enough to actually afford and attend games that they are classless. You are targeting the fan base when in reality it is a small demographic. Don't apply the vocal minority opinion to the uncaring majority. You are right about one thing, anyone can be a fan, even total Aholes, and they define themselves, not the fanbase.

Bacially, you want to troll. Okay then.

I wanted a source on this mythical Lucic defending of the city before yesterday though. Not the first time i've heard it mentioned, but i haven't heard or read it from the source.

i guess in your world if everything isnt documented and reported on then it never happened..... i guess Lucic has never came across someone who said something bad about vancouver and he never said anything like hey im from there its not that bad of a place,,,,but because he wasnt in front of a mic or a reporter it never happend.....

I'm embracing the hate again. You guys with me?

I watch hockey because I love it. Not to make a political statement or reinforce what a great person I am/am not. Not to win over the whole world and save starving children.

I didn't punch a guy (but if it was Marchand, I can't guaranteed I wouldn't have). I didn't even leave my home after watching the game. Yet I should feel bad somehow? I don't.

I live here and offer no excuses or apologies for that. So hate me...I don't give a Rat's nose about it.

Love Milan Lucic. He's east van at heart. Plays like he's from east van. Swag like he's from east van. Respect.

Im east van my whole life but I dont feel like Lucic is an east vaner anymore. I hate all that BS that happened with his church and his grandparents but I dont think Lucic cares about Vancouver anymore. Boston is his home now.

I'm embracing the hate again. You guys with me?

I watch hockey because I love it. Not to make a political statement or reinforce what a great person I am/am not. Not to win over the whole world and save starving children.

I didn't punch a guy (but if it was Marchand, I can't guaranteed I wouldn't have). I didn't even leave my home after watching the game. Yet I should feel bad somehow? I don't.

I live here and offer no excuses or apologies for that. So hate me...I don't give a Rat's nose about it.

I'm with you, one persons actions doesn't represent an entire city and if people want to remain ignorant to the fact then that's their problem I guess.

i guess in your world if everything isnt documented and reported on then it never happened..... i guess Lucic has never came across someone who said something bad about vancouver and he never said anything like hey im from there its not that bad of a place,,,,but because he wasnt in front of a mic or a reporter it never happend.....
Seriously though. Is there a link? Anyone?

Bacially, you want to troll. Okay then.

I wanted a source on this mythical Lucic defending of the city before yesterday though. Not the first time i've heard it mentioned, but i haven't heard or read it from the source.

I'm not going to scour the internet to appease you. After game 7 he went to say it was unfortunate what happened in Vancouver but is wasn't the vast majority of citizens and how good the people of Vancouver are. Same thing with his church, he mentioned it was just a couple thugs and didn't talk down on the city as whole at all. If you want to cover your ears and say la la la la la you go ahead. If you want proof you can look for it I'm sure it's out there somewhere

Good. Don't come back lucic.

Dirty player and cheap shot artist. Hes the athlete making millions he should be smart enough not to be out on granville of ALL places. At 4 am...

Especially after its his first time back ssince helping the bruins beat us. Hes just upset his team got ABSOLUTELY HUMILIATED. BOSTON IS PATHETIC.

I'm not going to scour the internet to appease you. After game 7 he went to say it was unfortunate what happened in Vancouver but is wasn't the vast majority of citizens and how good the people of Vancouver are. Same thing with his church, he mentioned it was just a couple thugs and didn't talk down on the city as whole at all. If you want to cover your ears and say la la la la la you go ahead. If you want proof you can look for it I'm sure it's out there somewhere
That's pretty much what everyone's thoughts are regarding to every off-ice incident involving Lucic and his family, btw.

This time Lucic is equally at-fault, but the city is now entirely to blame? Okay, what?

Tripe. That's what.

Exactly...its only a game...its entertainment. Its these type of things young kids who are playing other sports will look at and think its ok. Thats my whole issue with it.

I agree with the post you made

I hate the Bruins, I hate Marchand, and I don't particularly like Lucic, either. Destroying Boston 6-2 that night was one of the best games I've ever had the pleasure of watching. And I hope we do it to them EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Having said that...

Vancouver needs to grow up and move forward. Our fanbase's reaction & treatment of a player who is off the ice and enjoying his private moments with friends & family is utterly disgraceful. We need to show more class & respect (& self-respect) if we're ever going to get others to forget the disgraceful riot we pulled in '11.

It is only a game. Grow up, Vancouver.

Dirty player and cheap shot artist. Hes the athlete making millions he should be smart enough not to be out on granville of ALL places. At 4 am...

Especially after its his first time back ssince helping the bruins beat us. Hes just upset his team got ABSOLUTELY HUMILIATED. BOSTON IS PATHETIC.

Can I get you a tissue?

Well said from a fan who is obviously one of the few that we are talking about...The one who has no respect for the player or the game. Good show of class and character bud...Exactly what this city doesn't need.

Lets be fair here. Milan should not have been there in the first place. This isn't some normal place like Kerrisdale or Richmond Centre or what not. Its downtown at a bar around 2am. Certain places like that start crap for no reason. It gets worse when you're an opposing player on a Boston team. Even tho you're from the city, one should know better.

Like Rob Ray says, usually he's home by that time.

Also, on another note, the media is probably making this out to be a bigger deal than it actually is. It's only a big issue since its after the Canucks Boston game. On any other day, it'll probably wash over pretty quickly. Especially when its between Milan and one other drunk.

Come on guys, lets move on.

Archived