The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Group A • Dec. 28 • Canada vs. Czech Republic • 8:30 AM PT

This loss is ALL on Patterson. 3 horrible goals in regulation, and 2 terrible shootout attempts...

holy crap give it a rest this loss is on the team not the goalie

it's on the players in front being horrible defensively it's on the players in front taking stupid penalties and it's on the players in front not being able to tie up a simple faceoff 2 goals scored that way

he stopped the first shot gave up 2 goals while the shooters only gave him 1 goal with Mcdavid's useless attempt

Not a big Sutter fan. Benches McDavid for the third period and then sends him out for the SO with the game on the line.

I'm not a hockey coach but that seemed pretty dumb.

Not a big Sutter fan. Benches McDavid for the third period and then sends him out for the SO with the game on the line.

ya same here i am sure his confidence is at an all time low going into the shootout pretty pointless putting him in should of been Mantha or Ekblad

Yeah, don't quite get that either...guys' confidence is at a low so we'll put it on his shoulders. Hmm.

Mcdavids move was not useless at all. He lost his handle. Patterson was moving back way too much on all 3 attempts.

That's exactly what I'm trying to say, but you can't say anything without Dragonfruits feeling like you've personally insulted his dignity. All three attempts, Patterson was shuffling back in to his net faster than Mike Smith with the puck down his crack. That second shoutout goal, even if he DID stop it, he would have taken it in to the net along with the rest of his body.

holy crap give it a rest this loss is on the team not the goalie

it's on the players in front being horrible defensively it's on the players in front taking stupid penalties and it's on the players in front not being able to tie up a simple faceoff 2 goals scored that way

They won both of those draws, which is pretty bad.

That's exactly what I'm trying to say, but you can't say anything without Dragonfruits feeling like you've personally insulted his dignity. All three attempts, Patterson was shuffling back in to his net faster than Mike Smith with the puck down his crack. That second shoutout goal, even if he DID stop it, he would have taken it in to the net along with the rest of his body.

oh no i got a different opinion about the play of the goaltender on a board that is known for blaming the goalie first and having the sheep blindly follow

2 of the goals wouldn't of happened if Canada handled the faceoffs better

None of the goals would have happened if Canada gave up 0 shots on goal.... that's not going to happen though. That's why there's a goaltender there, to make saves, which Patterson didn't.

Those goals off the faceoff, ESPECAIALLY the 5-hole one are LOW quality shots, that should never go in.

Archived