The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What's going on with David Booth?

Everybody Hates Raymond

At this point, I'm pretty damn curious. Healthy scratch I understand, but to the point where he isn't allowed to perform in the skills competition which benefits charity? Seems like a bit much if Torts is just busting Booth's chops...

Maybe he's injured? Maybe he's being held to the side for trade purposes? Who knows...

What do you guys think?

They covered this pretty clearly during the 2nd intermission last night.

Booth for whatever reason is just not working out period. People assumed it was an AV issue, an injury issue and a Torts issue. but he is healthy, he is ready to play but he just...isn't.

He is paid over $4 million a year but is refusing to produce like a top 6 player. Again they covered this in very close detail and the bottom line is he's gone. He might get a shot in the divisional swing coming up over the next 3 games but by and large he is a buyout candidate it appears.

There is every chance he very well could be sent to Utica to stay in game shape, but an even larger chance he gets sat for the year for a buyout.

either way he is $4+ million off the books during a decent UFA period coming up

I was at the game so I didn't hear their coverage of David Booth but I'm just wondering why not give him a shot to earn his way back into the lineup? Obviously there are guys that deserve their spot right now like Dalpe and Archibald but we have a 4 million dollar man sitting in the press box doing nothing when he has the skill to score. Let him at least show Torts and Gillis that he deserves a chance to get another one year contract for less before calling it a year

They covered this pretty clearly during the 2nd intermission last night.

Booth for whatever reason is just not working out period. People assumed it was an AV issue, an injury issue and a Torts issue. but he is healthy, he is ready to play but he just...isn't.

He is paid over $4 million a year but is refusing to produce like a top 6 player. Again they covered this in very close detail and the bottom line is he's gone. He might get a shot in the divisional swing coming up over the next 3 games but by and large he is a buyout candidate it appears.

There is every chance he very well could be sent to Utica to stay in game shape, but an even larger chance he gets sat for the year for a buyout.

either way he is $4+ million off the books during a decent UFA period coming up

Thank god

they don't want him to get injured and ruin the shot at being bought out.... really i haven't thought he was THAT bad, especially because their going to pay him either way, its almost like a keith ballard scenario.

something more is behing the scenes i think, sitting a healthy player with the potential booth has just seems above and beyond normal... it sure doesnt look great on the canucks if they want to attract some good UFA's as well. you'd think that some team would throw the canucks a 7th for a shot at a rental - ESPECIALLY a team that hasnt used any buyouts yet.

Archived