The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What's going on with David Booth?

Everybody Hates Raymond

Ive liked what Torts has done thus far but I dont agree at all how he has dealt with Booth. So many games weve seen Kesler, the twins and Higgens play bad or go games without scoring a point yet they are given the chance to play themselves out of it. When it comes to Booth, he gets benched or is up in the press boxes. Playing a goal scorer on the 3rd line in a non scoring role is not gonna get Booth on his game.

When I watch Booth out there , I see someone who is crashing hard to the net and always finishing his checks. He is the first player to be backchecking and covering his D-men when they pinch. I think its a mistake to have him in the press boxes

Watch harder.

I'm surprised by the amount of people here who are saying Booth hasn't been giving it his all day in and day out. Do you even watch the games? The guy is flying around the ice every time he's put on. The problem is nothing he does is ever productive. He lets up on hits. He fires wide or into the goalies crest. His passing and hockey sense is so bad it makes Hank's shootout attempts look amazing. You can just see he's the type of player that made it so far on sheer perseverance and puck hogging. In Florida the mentality was 'If Booth has the puck give him room, if he doesn't have it get it to him'. He has no place on any club that commits to a system based on cycling and puck possession.

I'm surprised by the amount of people here who are saying Booth hasn't been giving it his all day in and day out. Do you even watch the games? The guy is flying around the ice every time he's put on. The problem is nothing he does is ever productive. He lets up on hits. He fires wide or into the goalies crest. His passing and hockey sense is so bad it makes Hank's shootout attempts look amazing. You can just see he's the type of player that made it so far on sheer perseverance and puck hogging. In Florida the mentality was 'If Booth has the puck give him room, if he doesn't have it get it to him'. He has no place on any club that commits to a system based on cycling and puck possession.

Not in the same physical drive to the net way but it reminds me of what happened with Raymond. Guy had so much speed, could go blazing into our zone with the puck and then ...... nothing. Loved him and was so happy to see him converting with Toronto, but it wasn't reliable here. We need finish.

I agree - the energy and effort is there it's just I feel he's an I in team player and somewhat disconnected from the rest of the team at times. If he'd get in synch, he'd be one hell of an asset. But when it results in nothing and, as of lately, he's done nothing, it gets to be a problem. He has to produce. But I totally agree with what you're saying and his style of play requires others stepping back and letting him go. Just wish the end result was there.

The "He's a weird dude" comment was tongue in cheek by Torts.....Don't know why some Cdc'ers failed to see the humor in that...Torts and Booth had a good laugh about it.......His playing really hit a wall,especially in the recent LA game...where he was almost a spectator on the ice......If I was to speculate why he wasn't at the Skills competition,I'd say he's probably got the flu.

The "He's a weird dude" comment was tongue in cheek by Torts.....Don't know why some Cdc'ers failed to see the humor in that...Torts and Booth had a good laugh about it.......His playing really hit a wall,especially in the recent LA game...where he was almost a spectator on the ice......If I was to speculate why he wasn't at the Skills competition,I'd say he's probably got the flu.

Well that totally makes sense....never even considered that and should have (as it's certainly been circulating).

I read that he was scheduled to participate but that he was a no show?

Sounds like this guy marches to the beat of his own drum. If he's mentally checked out of being a part of this team, trading him/buying him out is just a formality isn't it?

That's the perfect way to put it, HV! "Marches to the beat of his own drum". You always make sense to me...well said.

I read that he was scheduled to participate but that he was a no show?

Sounds like this guy marches to the beat of his own drum. If he's mentally checked out of being a part of this team, trading him/buying him out is just a formality isn't it?

Im hoping to hear he's been dealt by the end of the weekend.

I am in no way a Booth fan, nor am I defending him, but...

He's had nothing but problems here. He's probably just as done with us as we are with him.

Archived