The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What's going on with David Booth?

Everybody Hates Raymond

We can not presume to know what any of the people involved in this think. We can guess and assume. Posting a picture of him by himself does not mean anything unless you know the whole story of what was going on. I personally do not feel that he was snubbing the fans and charity yesterday. There is obviously something going on that we are not privy to. Let's just hope for the best, no matter what that turns out to be.

One other thing....his religious beliefs and hunting has NOTHING to do with his skating and play for the Canucks.

We can not presume to know what any of the people involved in this think. We can guess and assume. Posting a picture of him by himself does not mean anything unless you know the whole story of what was going on. I personally do not feel that he was snubbing the fans and charity yesterday. There is obviously something going on that we are not privy to. Let's just hope for the best, no matter what that turns out to be.

One other thing....his religious beliefs and hunting has NOTHING to do with his skating and play for the Canucks.

This.

Ice the best team you can to win... Archibald and Ferreiro are not better than Booth, ever. Booth is top 10 on our team in goals. When the game matters, I would rather have Booth with the puck on his stick than Doritos, Rachel, Archie or a few others. Bringing his hunting or religion into the conversation is moronic.

While I think both he and the organization would mutually benefit parting ways at the end of the season...

I STILL can't help but agree with Brick.

Not really. You have no idea why he missed the super skills so you're adding fuel to the fire by speaking on something you have no idea what's the truth. Like the media. Torts said he was " banged up " so stop blaming booth and get you're facts straight

Except for that we do have our facts straight.

Booth practiced the day before Super Skills and participated in all drills.

Booth practiced the day after Super Skills and participated in all drills

Booth was slated to participate in the Super Skills contest but was a last minute no show.

This is a picture of the Super Skills roster. You will notice that Booth's #7 is on there.

a284402a7a4111e3b7b80a0a660ee051_8.jpg

Province Sports@provincesports 1h

Booth "banged up", Torts says...But he's been a healthy scratch.

Except for that we do have our facts straight.

Booth practiced the day before Super Skills and participated in all drills.

Booth practiced the day after Super Skills and participated in all drills

Booth was slated to participate in the Super Skills contest but was a last minute no show.

This is a picture of the Super Skills roster. You will notice that Booth's #7 is on there.

a284402a7a4111e3b7b80a0a660ee051_8.jpg

Province Sports ‏@provincesports 1h

Ok ? But where does in you're " proof" that booth just didn't show up ? Debbie was insisting booth just did a no show. Maybe he got banged up the practice before like torts said? Maybe personal reason or family lady minute ? Anything can happen

Ok ? But where does in you're " proof" that booth just didn't show up ? Debbie was insisting booth just did a no show. Maybe he got banged up the practice before like torts said? Maybe personal reason or family lady minute ? Anything can happen

Matt Lee@mattlee980 22h

David Booth was scheduled to take part in #Canucks Superskills today but was a last minute no show.

If it was personal reasons, why did Torts say he's banged up? Clearly a cover job.

Matt Lee@mattlee980 22h

If it was personal reasons, why did Torts say he's banged up? Clearly a cover job.

He could have just been sick... would that not make the most sense.. he's just going to bail on a charity event (the uber xtian) but show up to practise the day before and day after. a lot of speculation for something that was likely just "hey i'm not feeling that great today torts maybe i should just take the day to rest so i'm good to go monday"

and i'm not a booth fan

He could have just been sick... would that not make the most sense.. he's just going to bail on a charity event (the uber xtian) but show up to practise the day before and day after. a lot of speculation for something that was likely just "hey i'm not feeling that great today torts maybe i should just take the day to rest so i'm good to go monday"

and i'm not a booth fan

Finally some logic

Not really. You have no idea why he missed the super skills so you're adding fuel to the fire by speaking on something you have no idea what's the truth. Like the media. Torts said he was " banged up " so stop blaming booth and get you're facts straight

And Burr isn't (banged up)?

The fact is he wasn't there. The fact is that he could have been in support of a great charity.

I don't really care one way or another....I feel that he could be a pretty great asset if he'd dress and play long enough to do so. I like the flashes of intensity I've seen. But he's not really cementing himself as a member of the team, nor does he seemed too concerned about what people think. So maybe the two connect somehow.

I don't have any idea, as stated. I've accepted that it could be the flu, in which case, it makes sense. But we're getting conflicting reports and, as a fan, I'm fully entitled to wonder if he's in/out with regard to the team. It's a discussion board. And I doubt very much that my little opinion matters (at all) in the overall scope of David Booth's tenure with the team. So I'm just keeping my hands warm and discussing it while it plays out.

And Burr isn't (banged up)?

The fact is he wasn't there. The fact is that he could have been in support of a great charity.

Who else to blame when the guy is a no show?

And the simplest most likely explanation is that he was sick. Its a reason people last minute no show to all sorts of things when they were fine the day before and day after.. it does not requires some bizarre conspiracy or ill will

We don't know why he wasn't there, but I think we can all agree that it at least smells bad. If he's been a healthy scratch that means he's been healthy enough to play, so he should have been well enough to do some silly skills competitions. And if he were injured, why would he not have been excused from practices the day before or after?

If he had the flu that would be understandable that he wasn't there, but not understandable that Torts would have said "banged up" instead of "sick with the flu." That's hardly the kind of thing they use euphemisms to cover up by calling it an "upper body injury" or anything.

I don't know what's happening, but it's definitely fishy. In the end the only thing that really matters though is that it doesn't effect the rest of the team if there is drama behind the scenes. This is a team full of professionals, not the Real Hockey Players of Vancouver.

Kinda suspicious that Booth was 'banged up' enough to not participate in the skills competition but wasn't 'banged up' enough to miss practice isn't it?

No, and banged up can mean all sorts of things, why read into it.. he was not held out as he was scheduled to be there, he just didn't come in for it.. and there were no repercussions because he was on the ice the next day for practise.. so shouldn't that tell everyone that there is no big deal????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Except that David Booth as a no show is becoming a big deal - whether it be for extra curricular activities or not. Don't you see that's what has led to this discussion in the first place? People are already questioning his role and commitment on this team and are now simply continuing that discussion as a result of this development which, on its own, is nothing. But in the context of the David Booth saga, it's just one more chapter. And, with that, becomes a topic for discussion.

The guy is being paid a good chunk of cash to be PART of the team, not offer constant reasons for why he isn't.

Archived