The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT van loses to queens

Cucumber

Canucks tried to equal up but they still have a lack of skill and size. Pp still is boring and disjointed.

Canucks need skill with size please. These games make it clear. Wait until the playoffs.

only reason we lack size is because anytime we get into it we get a game or 10min misconduct Kass had 2 10 min in this game. love how the refs can try to eliminate our toughness by tossing guys out. Sestito should have still been in the game, Kass didn't deserve 2 10 min misconducts.

Refs were horrid so many bad calls made and also so many missed calls going both ways .

hope the nucks can take all the positives from the game and turn it up for the run to the playoffs.

Nucks showed they can play straight up against bigger and stronger team, with playoff-like intensity and focus. Nucks also showed they wouldn't allow baddies to take liberties with our key players either.

Now, how often we'll see such a spirited performance from the entire team? That's a different story and the biggest problem Torts still has to work on. Even Sedins were throwing hard body checks tonight and even a hip check (!) For the first time in a while I saw the whole team really working like one.

The end result was the same though. Kings escaped unscathed again with a lucky goal from a breakaway and we just couldn't bury one when needed.

Gillis, please open your eyes and pull the trigger. We desperately need a top 6 scorer who can put the puck into the back of the net, even with a single scoring chance.

LA isnt tough, they have a bunch of big lugs that can play in the corners and play D. Sutters 5 man box around the net. Couple that with Quick's ability to stand on his head and that is how they won the cup. Sad part is a lot of teams are going to try and emulate them - say goodbye to the old days of speed and skill a la detroit.

Glad Kesler fed that rat Brown his lunch. And their tough guy Nolan looked real tough chickening out with Sestito. They dont dress that goon for games and then they put him in against the Canucks so that he can run the Sedins. When Weise didnt fight Thornton even Hockey Night in Canada portrayed Weise as a coward - I doubt Nolan will be treated the same way.

Canucks need a bonafied goal scorer - thats the bottom line. If all they can cup up with is Dalpe on the first line they have some serious issues in the offence department.

Its time they part with a core piece to get a significant asset back. If I were them I would be shopping Hamhuis around - throw in one of their 3rd line center at best prospects (Gaunce? Schroeder?) and see if they can get a legit 30- 40 goal man.

Dude, we've been pushed around like children for years. This is the first game we've fought back. Where have you been?

Actually thats not true. They used to.fight back on the PP.Spending the whole game concerned.with revenge is so beneath them.

Ooo we beat up Dustin Brown.

He'll never run another goalie again...

Not really - that was a 4 point game. We are now 4 points further behind LA.

We've lost 4 games to the Kings this year - That's 8 points more they got and 8 points less we got.

If it was the other way around, the Canucks would be sitting at 65 points (puts us in 2nd place) and the Kings at 53 (they would be holding down the last playoff spot).

You are the one that's clueless.

Ok, so let me explain myself.

We don't learn to play tough, we get swept. Simple as that. If you don't see why this was important, you really are clueless.

Edler anyone? Guy played a pretty solid game for his first one back, lots of big hits, if only he could put all his tools together at once he would be pretty good

Lack, it is nice having a back up that you are not worried about on every shot, he has made a lot of big saves on big players, Schneider 2.0 :bigblush:

Sedins were also throwing their weight around pretty well finally playing with some grit, now if only they could somehow remember to score at the same time

Beautiful game by the Canucks. Absolutely beautiful. Couldn't care less if they lost. After the collapses and not sticking up for each other and all the teeth gnashing this was absolutely beautiful. the Kings were intimidated. Who gives a sh*t if Sestito over did it and got tossed and took a bunch of minutes. The Canucks finally, finally, finally showed the kings that they have a set of b*lls. This game gives the Canucks a boost in confidence that you don't get without paying a price. Nuf said.

Actually thats not true. They used to.fight back on the PP.Spending the whole game concerned.with revenge id so beneath them.

Ooo we beat up Dustin Brown.

He'll never run another goalie again...

Yeah, the PP really did well for us against LA and SJ the last two years.. oh wait

The Kings actually backed down when we pushed back.

When they can't win the game physically, that's when they start with all of their antics.

Our powerplay is the key to winning games like this. If we can't get that going, we're gonna have trouble.

This. They had like 2 shots . I was very surprised. The canucks penalty killing is so good I cant even remember a time in modern history where anyones penalty killing was as good.

We should be taking every chance we get to throw our opponents off their game.

All the people bitching tonight

1. Shutup

2. You know what, sometimes a coach says to his guys, show me how tough you are, I dont care if we win, but show me what you will accept, show me if you'll accept your goalie being run

3. For a team that has questioned itself, questioned its mental and physical toughness and just been plain unsure of itself, well tonight was a statement, it was a team building statement. Brother standing up for Brother and while I know they care they lost, inside each of those players minds tonight is FINALLY, FINALLY, the belief that the guy next to him, will go to the wall for him, his teaamates have his back...and no one will push this team around

if you dont realize what happened tonight folks and you are whining about 2 pts you dont get hockey

JOHN TORTARELLA is a genius...he just brought these boys together...

this will be the start of a run, mark my words

Archived