The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Matt Greene Suffered a Concussion in Fight Against Bieksa

This

Some of the fans on this board are disgusting

Makes me glad the nucks are now a fringe playoff team who wont sniff the cup for years. The fans of vancouver keep showing how pathetic they are.

I think you need to find a sarcasm detector because based on your response you missed some here.

This

Some of the fans on this board are disgusting

Makes me glad the nucks are now a fringe playoff team who wont sniff the cup for years. The fans of vancouver keep showing how pathetic they are.

The Canucks have been and will continue to be a playoff regular and Cup contender.

Some of us are quite pathetic but not as pathetic as you obviously.

Lol at the canucks being cup contenders

Did you miss the last 2 playoffs? This year will be no different.

Sound logic there mcdiddly, cause the new NHL requirement for being a cup contender is how the team faired in the previous two playoffs. I'll make sure to email Bettman and the other execs that LA's 2012 cup should be revoked because they had poor outings the two years previous. In other news mcdeal gets mcowned.

It's little events like this that point out how insane the people who want to trade Bieksa away are.

Currently, Juice is one of the toughest guys in the NHL.

You know, I absolutely loved the move putting Bieksa in front of the net on the PP. I can hear a surprised Shorthouse; "Oh geez, I think Bieksa is the net presence on this power play?" I agree wholeheartedly that Juice is core of core on our team.

He hammered and fought for position with Greene. Some jostling with Quick also occurred so he gave him a good hard mittfull. The message; dont mess with me, and if you touch Lou I'm willing to get on yours... Call it a love tap, nothing serious. Quick wasn't going to get hurt. Not like Browns actual cheap shot. Only Burr battles like this amongst our forwards, and he is willing to back it up too. Remember him returning fire crosschecking Thomas after Thomas clobbered him? But he ain't got what Bieksa's got.This was the absolute perfect way to send a message!

I bet he asked Torts to go in front of the net? ::D

Weise ought to take notice thats how you do it, not the slewfoot crap.

So should Kassian understand this is how you fight for position in front of the net, and on the boards? Both to play hockey and to draw in the Browns and Nolans. Kass keeps on getting misconducts. Clearly he's telling people verbally, where the ref can hear, how he is going to deal with situations. It is a bit intimidating. But the ref's are getting rid of him before he gets the job done. Not that he's unwilling, Kassian just needs to be a bit more subtle...

:bigblush:

Then, unlike Brown or Nolan, Juice takes on all comers after engaging the goalie. FTR, I don't wish that Greene gets, or stays hurt. But i don't feel sorry for him either. He wasn't exactly playing clean...

This was great leadership by Juice! In one play he showed LA what they needed to know. Also Kassian, Weise and any newcomers (Archibald, Booth) what they should be doing. :frantic:

Wow... what an awesome thread.

Corey Perry is a douche, so lets all cheer when Selanne gets concussed. :sadno:

I think you are on to something... :blush:

That fight didn't even look that serious but I guess Bieksa must have landed a couple doozies in tight.

I would not want to fight Juice when he's angry. Yikes.

And you as well...

So should Kassian understand this is how you fight for position in front of the net, and on the boards? Both to play hockey and to draw in the Browns and Nolans. Kass keeps on getting misconducts, clearly he's telling people verbally, where the ref can hear, how he is going to deal with situations. It is a bit intimidating. But the ref's are getting rid of him before he gets the job done. Not that he's unwilling, Kassian just needs to be a bit more subtle...

This has to be the story behind the misconducts, and you're right about what Kas needs to do on both the intimidation and net presence fronts. He'll get there, since he's clearly willing and nobody is eager to go with him after what he did to Eager.

This has to be the story behind the misconducts, and you're right about what Kas needs to do on both the intimidation and net presence fronts. He'll get there, since he's clearly willing and nobody is eager to go with him after what he did to Eager.

Yes I agree here as well. Its definitely coming!

Bieksa got a shot in after he had already been taken down. Would hate to see the response from some of you if the shoe was on the other foot. "Oh what a cheapshot. Suspend him!!"

The joy some of you are expressing from a guy getting a brain injury is pretty sick.

Oh stfu you hypocrite Queen fan, cry somewhere else. You're over here talking about brain injuries but completely ignore the fact that Greene body slammed Bieksa on the ice where he could've suffered a concussion as well.

He jumps Bieksa from behind, and instead of fighting a smaller guy like a man he slams him onto the ice like a little bitch that he is.

Why don't you go back to your forum and talk with the 20 Queens fans in your forum about how dirty the Canucks are instead?

Oh stfu you hypocrite Queen fan, cry somewhere else. You're over here talking about brain injuries but completely ignore the fact that Greene body slammed Bieksa on the ice where he could've suffered a concussion as well.

He jumps Bieksa from behind, and instead of fighting a smaller guy like a man he slams him onto the ice like a little bitch that he is.

Why don't you go back to your forum and talk with the 20 Queens fans in your forum about how dirty the Canucks are instead?

Wow. You really told me, haha.

Greene wrestled Bieksa to the ice. Oh the humanity. Even if Bieksa were concussed from that play (he didn't really jump him), which you see in almost every fight, I wouldn't be wishing him to be in a vegetative state afterward like some of you. I fail to see how that makes me a hypocrite. But if it makes you feel better to have a tantrum, that's ok with me too.

Greene tried to body slam Juice at the end because he knew he was going to get fed. He had no concern about Bieksa landing on his head with that illegal takedown which was by the way, penalized...

therefore do i give a shyte that he's concussed...no in fact i'm glad and I hope that dirty fack never plays hockey again because juice ended his career with a punch

so many bleeding hearts on here saying ooh so sad, you know what's sad, a guy who has no respect for other players trying to injure them with a dirty take down

karma's a bitch, and Brown will get his one day, as will Marchand, always comes back

you don't wish injury on anyone, plain and simple.

i know there are times when a guy may have injured someone previously and then when they receive an injury themselves, i don't feel so bad about it. but keep in mind this is a GAME and these guys shouldn't have their life after hockey ruined from concussions.

you don't wish injury on anyone, plain and simple.

i know there are times when a guy may have injured someone previously and then when they receive an injury themselves, i don't feel so bad about it. but keep in mind this is a GAME and these guys shouldn't have their life after hockey ruined from concussions.

yes exactly, which is why greene deserved it for his attempt to injure bieksa with a wwf move

8FxEa.gif

If only you knew what was coming up in the next years....

I noticed you also posted this gem, post 12 in yesterdays GDT (Kings / Nucks).

2-1 Kings in SO

Brown ties game in last minute then scores in SO to win it.

Can u explain what exactly you get your thrills off here? It certainly appears you might be here to mock and belittle us actual Canuck fans.

Archived