The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Lebrun] Canucks want a Center

Stanton has been one of the main reasons why our defence has been so solid this season. We have no reason to trade him.

If this Corrado kid is as good as you guys say he is then why not make room for him?

Talbot is the perfect player for the Canucks, and Stanton is the main asset that Colorado would want.

Don't see Tanev going anywhere unless it's to the Flyers in a package for Sean Couturier.

Stastny...really? O'Reilly, REALLY???

Stastny is a frigging rental and at $6.6 million on the year, pro rated.

O'reilly is going to need a QO of a minimum of $6.5 MILLION and is not eligible for trade until the end of February.

I'll gladly take O'Reilly at 6.5M, might be a slight overpayment, but who isn't overpaid these days?

They could always take him to arbitration too, but I don't think that really matters.

I'll gladly take O'Reilly at 6.5M, might be a slight overpayment, but who isn't overpaid these days?

They could always take him to arbitration too, but I don't think that really matters.

$6.5 million. Keeping in mind of course everyone who will need a raise next season. Top line LW and a rental as it was. Sure, won't cost much. Just every prospect we are hoping will lead us into the future after the twins retire

How would getting Talbot make any sense. At this point Richardson has more points then him and offensively seems more capable. Unless we plan on having Talbot as the 4C.

Although I do have to give credit to Talbot's shut down/defensively abilities.

That's funny, because all I ever see is people like you overrating other team's players, while underrating ours.

I don't overrate other players, especially not how CDC overvalue ours.

I remember people were saying Edler and our 13' 1st round pick would be enough to get MacKinnon.

Edler for Stastny+1rst(Second rounder if he doesn't resign with the Nucks)

2nd rounder for Ott(3rd if he doesn't resign)

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Stastny-Kesler-Santorelli

Higgins-Ott-Kassian

Sestito-Richardson-Hansen

We have 3 top-6 centers in our top-6, two scoring lines, a hitting line(3rd line),Energy line(4th line).

tough to give up one of our d men

with a health corps, we are very strong,

I would rather give up Corrado, Jensen, Hansen and a 1st for O'reilly. Corrado is NHL ready, but is our 7th d man,

I would keep Tanev - young, cheap top 4 right shot d men are harder to find than Left side d men who can give you 22 min a night at 5 mill.

IMO we do not miss the play of elder if stanton is healthy

so Edler for O'Reilly

its a balance between not weakening our D corps too much

Hammer Bieksa

Garrison Tanev

Stanton Weber/Corrado

-are we ok with this Long term????

edler is one of our bigger d men but O'reilly makes us so much better up front and "stiffer"he has more "stiff" than edler

and I would make a hard run at Giardi this summer if unsigned.

I don't think people are aware that Tanev will probably ask for 4M at the end of the season.

Knowing Gillis, he'll probably give him a full NTC, as well.

I would lock him up long term 4-5mil 6-8 years np with his play this year and last...Not like he wants that retarded 8-9mil handicap contract Subban wants

Archived