sedins burrows

o'reilly kesler kassian

any one of these is good

This is why I really like an Ott trade.

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Santorelli Kesler Higgins

Sestito Ott Kassian

Hansen Richardson Weise

I really think this lineup could stand another scoring winger to replace Santo if we have to but this third line is just as sexy as the Manny Torres line used to be.

It has to be Paul Stastny. It doesn't make sense for Colorado to trade O'Reilly, so Stastny makes the most sense. Perhaps, Gillis thinks he can re-sign Stastny for Booth money. Have Stastny become the 2nd line center, while Kesler can drop down to the third, like they wanted to begin the season.

During the playoffs;

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Kassian Statsny Santorelli

Higgins Kesler Hansen

Sestito Richardsson Weiss/Archibald/Dalpe or whoever i missed,

Not like it matters, Torts will only play 3 lines anyways.

Would definitely give Torts a hell lot more options. Just because Kesler is the "3rd" line, doesn't mean he'll be getting less minutes. During the playoffs, he'll just have shutdown duties.

If the Canuck's can get Statsny locked up, there will be a hell lot of options next year, if they choose to bring up Horvat as well. He can slot into the 3rd line, while Kesler can move up and down the roster. Plus, any gifted scorer like Jensen or Shinkaruk can be called up, and play with a great play maker right away.

Much more of a complete match up game for the forwards, than we've ever had.

You aren't getting O'Reilly, unless it's Edler going back..

Imagine, trading Tanev, but picking up Girardi for cheap. Torts will turn Giradi into a Norris candidate again.

Edler for O'Reilly

Corrado and a 3rd for Del Zotto

2nd for Ott

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Higgins-Kesler-O'Reilly

Hansen-Ott-Kassian

Santorelli-Richardson-Sestito

Garrison-Del Zotto

Hamuis-Tanev

Stanton-Bieksa

Or

Sedin-Sedin-Kesler

Kassian-O'Reilly-Burrows

C DEPTH:

Hank

Kesler

O'Reilly

Ott

Santorelli

Richardson

Still no idea why people want Del Zotto. If Del Zotto goes to Vancouver, Torts is going to be bald with the frustration Del Zotto is gonna give him. Frank Corrado is already better than Del Zotto. Del Zotto would be pushed out of the line up if he was a Canuck. Slow defense man, with low hockey IQ, and not much defensive awareness. He's basically a smaller Cody Franson. Both players can only play on the PP. Otherwise, useless.

Now, Girardi looked like a Norris Candidate playing under Torts. With the way, he's struggling under AV. I wouldn't be surprised if Corrado and a 3rd is close to doing the job. Personally, wouldn't trade Corrado though, but if the Canucks need a Tanev replacement. Girardi, no doubt.

Still no idea why people want Del Zotto. If Del Zotto goes to Vancouver, Torts is going to be bald with the frustration Del Zotto is gonna give him. Frank Corrado is already better than Del Zotto. Del Zotto would be pushed out of the line up if he was a Canuck. Slow defense man, with low hockey IQ, and not much defensive awareness. He's basically a smaller Cody Franson. Both players can only play on the PP. Otherwise, useless.

Now, Girardi looked like a Norris Candidate playing under Torts.

Lol AHAHAHAHA

If we trade any of our tradeable assets for a 3c (which is not our problem, richardson is playing fine), after trading away hodgson, after drafting shroeder, after drafting gaunce, after drafting horvat, after signing santorelli, after signing lain.. gillis needs to go.

We have tradeable assets and we need top 6/top 3 scoring.. thats it! Wasting what little extra we have in the cupboard for a 3c is stupid beyond belief. I can't even believe we are still talking about 3c s.. WE CAN'T SCORE

We trade Tanev and this defence becomes one of the weakest in the league. Even though he's eating up 20+ minutes he's still one of the most underated guys on this team. Try and get Garrison, Hamhuis or Edler to waive their NTCs to go to Colorado instead.

Our league-best PK would suffer tremendously if Tanev was traded, I 100% agree. Although I'd rather keep Hamhuis before Tanev personally.

Hamhuis, Tanev, Bieksa and Stanton are all untouchable for me; I would trade Edler for serious scoring help, and Garrison.

Tanev or Stanton?? That is a tough question, Tanev has shown great strides in knowing when to be part of the offensive push, and we all know how well he is at getting the puck out of the defensive zone. Stanton has been a bright spot for the Canucks as well, coming in impressing everyone at how well he plays under pressure and he brings that boomer of a slap shot for the PP.

I would love it if O'Reilly came over but everyone knows this guy wants the big moolah and MG will not dole it out at the expense of him making more than Kes or Hank and playing 3rd fiddle. I don't know much about Talbot but I hear comparisons to Richardson and we don't need a 4th line centre. Statsny on the other hand, playing 3rd line centre would put us over the top, imagine him feeding Higgins and Hansen/Booth. Has to be either Stastny or O'Reilly, can't go wrong with either one, they have to know coming in that they won't be top banana but would be an integral part of a contender and it would be gravy but setting egos aside in the NHL, come on.

Man, if we got Stastny, we would be so stacked...

D Sedin - H Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Kassian

Sestito - Stastny - Santorelli

Booth/Weise - Richardson - Hansen

Or load up the 1st line again

D Sedin - H Sedin - Kesler

Burrows - Stastny - Kassian

Higgins - Santorelli - Hansen

Sestito - Richardson - Weise

Man, if we got Stastny, we would be so stacked...

D Sedin - H Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Kassian

Sestito - Stastny - Santorelli

Booth/Weise - Richardson - Hansen

Or load up the 1st line again

D Sedin - H Sedin - Kesler

Burrows - Stastny - Kassian

Higgins - Santorelli - Hansen

I like your first lineup but instead would slot down Sestito to the 4th and move up Booth to the 3rd to play with Stastny, maybe move Hansen up to that 3rd line as well

I think if you ignore the money Stastny would be a fantastic fit on this team and he is still fairly young at 26. I think he could be signed to a 5-6 million contract at the end of the season.

The talk of Girardi becoming an option and the direct link he now has with Vancouver since Torts is the coach makes me salivate. IMO this makes Tanev tradeable if in fact a deal for Girardi can be reached as well.

To COL:

Tanev

Schroeder

Conditional 2nd Round Pick 2015, turns into 3rd Round Pick if Stastny re-signs

To VAN:

Stastny

2nd Round Pick

To NYR:

Conditional 2nd Round Pick (COL), turns into 1st Round Pick 2015 VAN if he is re-signed

To VAN:

Girardi

When healthy:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Kassian - Stastny - Kesler

Higgins - Santo - Hansen

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Girardi

Stanton - Corrado

It would make us a legitimate contender for the cup. Add value in both deals to make sure it gets done.

As much as I love Edler, I'd prefer to see him moved. The timing would be perfect because if we get a young top 6 forward back, we could look to free agency for a replacement for Edler. If Girardi wants to play under Torts again, I'd definitely trade Edler for O'Reilly. O'Reilly is an RFA as well so we do have some security. I assume O'Reilly wouldn't be making more than the Sedins either.

In: O'Reilly, Girardi

Out: Edler

You can't argue logically that our team wouldn't look better after that series of transactions.

Archived