The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gdt Canucks vs Phoenix 6pm

Chauncey

While I agree with you, I can't help but think of the season the Kings had when they won the cup - anything is possible...Canucks just need to make the playoffs and have their mojo when that happens.

yeah but the year the kings won they had unreal defence and tending holding them in while their new team found chemistry... that year they had traded away wayne simmons and schenn for mike richards and then later that season trade jack johnson for carter ... and last month of the season the team with all its new peices came together and were dominant..... they didnt just sneak in and catch fire....

yeah but the year the kings won they had unreal defence and tending holding them in while their new team found chemistry... that year they had traded away wayne simmons and schenn for mike richards and then later that season trade jack johnson for carter ... and last month of the season the team with all its new peices came together and were dominant..... they didnt just sneak in and catch fire....

Wrong. They actually DID sneak in, actually on the last game of the season. After that, the league helped picked he winner.

At least - I think these 2 coaches respect one another. Goonery, cheap-shots or pay- back... should not be an issue tonight.

The 'Nucks organization would have snatched-up Tippet in a heart-beat, had he made himself available instead of resigning with PHO. I have always respected Tippet for speaking out against the Duncan Keith hit on Daniel Sedin ...when that went down. It was not a hockey play gone bad ...but a vengeful head shot. Tippet sees how the League shakes down & appreciates the injustices than fall upon teams facing the 0-6 favorites & their allies. He's been there in those divisions & been a victim of it too.

Still hoping 'Nucks win this game going away....but, I'm tipping my hat to Tippet - as one of the good guys of the League....who's been making the best of bad situations for awhile.

Wrong. They actually DID sneak in, actually on the last game of the season. After that, the league helped picked he winner.

You missed the point. It wasn't the same team. Once they acquired their new players and gelled a bit they were on fire down the stretch I believe. The same team didn't just get hot.

they won their way in .. my point was they didnt flounder and hold on to the last spot .... they had all sorts of changes to the team and when the finally got it together they were dominate.... march and april 11-3-0-3 they were the best in the league in the last month and a half ..... could we do that yes if our GM had the type of balls to trade away great prospects and players and a first round draft pick for 2 players like carter and richards....

they won their way in .. my point was they didnt flounder and hold on to the last spot .... they had all sorts of changes to the team and when the finally got it together they were dominate.... march and april 11-3-0-3 they were the best in the league in the last month and a half ..... could we do that yes if our GM had the type of balls to trade away great prospects and players and a first round draft pick for 2 players like carter and richards....

LA+roids+refs=cup It's not a magic formula mate

Sometimes I think this coaching staff just throws s#$# at a wall - praying it will stick.

Here's an interesting article on NHL teams possession #'s. Canucks have cratered dramatically, but have one of the 'easiest' schedules re: opponents - Article

Also, Devorski might not be officiating tonight. But his spirit lives on. These zebras stick together and you can bet Canucks are back in the doghouse for all of them. Not that they ever got out of the zebra dog-house, but you know what I'm saying.

Archived