The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] War: Nucks 3, Flames 2

TheRussianRocket.

Juice was in there intell the refs got them apart and then smid grabbed him

from the replay I think smid was saying something to garrison then juice grabbed him. this would have been a good miked up game. who was all the blood from? looks like weise, bieksa got a few in, how did garrison do? couldn't see him much on my feed.

Too be honest if he had put out the Sedins none of it would of probably happened. Sestito vs McGrattan was going to happen regardless as usual. Though by putting Lain (Bieksa-face off)out vs Westgarth did make the game way more entertaining.

Or maybe the other side knows about Hank's injury and Westgarth cross-checks Hank in the ribs and takes whatever comes his way?

Interesting how it played out and I'm not sure how long it's been since I've seen such emotion, to say the least. Glad that Torts made his statement and that they won. Lu looked great and so did Weber. What a douche move too by Hartley to put out his goons to try to injure Hank!

I'm not a fan of the staged fisticuffs honestly, but I'll digress. Just sad to see that the fourth line had the most punch of most of the forwards. Kass and Kes scored so good for them but Booth and whoever else missed those quality chances need to go. This team needs more legit scoring punch, not just glorified two-way grinders.

lol burrows in the shootout, this guy is completely on the decline now. Should trade him asap before he loses more value than he already is.

Booth has got to be the worst finisher ever. Half the net empty and still misses lol

Great input, because you could have done better.........right....I thought as much

I wish no one had restrained Torts, I bet he was going to take McGrattan on himslef. I mean if your coach can take on any opposition heavyweight, what does that say about the canucks new level of toughness.

Torts would have had the crap kicked out of him and if McGrattan would have sustained even the slightest of injuries would have likely received a season long ban from the league plus a lawsuit plus... whatever else. What he did was beyond foolish. He will be suspended and fined, probably quite harshly seeing as the Canucks have been gooning it up recently and have got away scot free (so far). Shanny will be sending this team a strong message I fear...

Well that was an interesting game to follow on Twitter....

Not sure what is going on with this team. What does it mean? Why are they resorting to this as a method of operation?

Do we not trust in our skill anymore? We're just gonna goon it up so that if we're not winning battles on the scoreboard, we're at least winning the battle of the fists?

I shouldn't really judge mind you. I didn't watch what happened, nor do I care to.

Glad we got the 2 points...with half a team...

Most of our skill is injured, or just getting back from it. Hartley started this crap and the Canucks finished it. People forget that the Flames are our biggest rival it's just been dormant for a few years. Burke/Hartley just sent us a friendly message last night that it's on like Donkey Kong.

Bieksa has always been known to pick his spots. He didn't want to take on the bigger Westgarth so he ran away from him to take on Smid instead.

Dont be an idiot. I think he just didnt want there to be a fight at the beginning of the game. He took Lains place so Westgarth couldnt intimidate him, and made it so if westgarth attacked him he would be ready. I didnt take the faceoff with westgarth in order to fight smid....

Archived