The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] War: Nucks 3, Flames 2

TheRussianRocket.

Do you really think McGrattan would have just grabbed a Sedin off the faceoff and started ragdolling him ? Have we ever seen that in the NHL where a goon grabs a star player for no reason ? The closest we've come to seeing that was with Jon Scott and Kessel and Phil provoked that on.

And Burrows wasnt taking any precautions when he engaged with Giordano not much later. Why didnt anyone go after Gio for throwing punches at Burrows ?

A full face shield is a precaution. I'm sure the team would have loved to go after Giordano, but the Twins were on, and we couldn't afford to lose another defenseman. Even if the Flames don't just go after Henrik by dropping the gloves, do you want them taking runs at the Sedins like Nolan did/.?

PJ Stock needs to just shut up

I wish Stanton was out there instead of Garrison, but he's hurt Jucie showed great leadership by going to take the faceoff

Juice was in there intell the refs got them apart and then smid grabbed him

Watching games again, Outsiders?

Westgarth would have just went for the crosscheck to the rib area...

I think that was the concern. It wouldn't just have been worry about the Sedins getting jumped. They could get slashed, crosschecked, charged, etc. By Hartley's admission, those 4th line guys were put out there to "bring some energy". While that doesn't necessarily mean fighting, it certainly doesn't mean that those guys were going to mesmerize with their skill. A big hit on a Sedin (clean or dirty) would just have easily led to the brawl.

It was also telling that Kevin Westgarth didn't even bother taking the face-off. He grabbed Bieksa right away. That could be a product of him assuming that Bieksa was going to jump him but it was obvious that the game was going to start up with fights. I noted that Westgarth and Bieksa didn't even drop the mitts. It looked like Bieksa was trying to tell him how idiotic this whole thing was (and then Westgarth sought out Kellen Lain).

Ultimately, I'm not so worried about the line brawl. It's stupid and I hate to see it because it makes the game look like a farce. The most concerning thing was Torts' attempted storming of the Flames' dressing room. The other concerning thing is that the Canucks are still struggling - mentally, physically, etc. Ironically, I think this will help them in the playoffs (if they make it and if they gain some rest).

Blake Price and Paterson are whiny little bitches I swear. These guys have never been in a fight before.

The team is finally showing some balls and he's complaining about not scoring enough goals...

Does team1040 purposely sign annoying bitches to work for them?!

CANNOT stand Blake Price.....he is the ultimate whiner. He whines his head off, then when someone calls in he will change his views in order to argue with the caller.

I heard that call last night and the caller was talking about not being pushed around anymore, etc and somehow Price turned it into us not scoring goals and proceeded to cut the call so he could talk.....get rid of him.

CANNOT stand Blake Price.....he is the ultimate whiner. He whines his head off, then when someone calls in he will chance his views in order to argue with the caller.

I heard that call last night and the caller was talking about not being pushed around anymore, etc and somehow Price turned it into us not scoring goals and proceeded to cut the call so he could talk.....get rid of him.

Haha I gotta laugh A friend and I were talking about the same thing just last week

Mike Milbury called out Hartley for hiding behind his team.

Eddie Olcyk also commented that nothing would have happened during the intermission if Hartley had confronted Torts earlier instead of hiding behind his team when Torts was yelling at him.

hiding behind his team AGAIN......

I dont have a problem with the LA game even though we got lucky LA didnt beat us 9-1 with a 7 min PP. There are times to defend your teamates and times to even the bell but against a useless team like Calgary , i dont see it necessary. We arent fighting them for a playoff spot, nothing happened in the 2 previous games that warrented revenge. Like i said, if McGrattan and Westgarth tried going after Booth/Burrows or Kesler then take the extended 5x3 and make them look like idiots.

Alberts getting knocked out by Mcgrattan with a cheap head shot

Archived