The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Sportsnet's Hockey Cenral: Should the Canucks consider moving Bo Horvat

Southpop45

Except we aren't going to win now so trading Kesler for pieces when they would matter is how you get to a better team.

So we can trade Kesler to Florida for Barkov? Should we trade the twins also? You don't know what management is planning im not pretending to know but it makes less sense to trade Kesler when he would be a perfect match to mentor Horvat and Gaunce...That's a plan for a better team

If anyone expects Winnipeg to accept a Horvat for Ladd deal straight up they are out of their god damn mind. Horvat is a very good prospect, I've watched dozens of games and focused on the guy but Ladd is a proven NHLer who can score 50-70 points a season, he also has a ton of leadership and has grit. I understand the idea of having Ladd come here because he's from here but Winnipeg's asking price would be way to high, players like Ladd don't come around everyday.

there is nothing to lead us to believe Ladd could be had for any reasonable values that we could afford ,I would not give up asking price ,hence ladd can stay in the peg.put horvat out with Kessler next year develop him an season with true power forward every other team seems to have 18 year old on roster ,look at Colorado.

My enthusiasm for the game is ebbing almost as fast as Van's fortunes in 2014. As much as I realize that injuries are changing the way the game is played I don't like it and pine for yesteryear.

Canucks have to rejig their timeline and accept that this club with a few add ons is

not a CUP contender.It is too early to tell whether Horvat can center a #1 line or not. However it appears that Kesler cannot. Sign a UFA but do not trade pics or prospects.

Interesting comment by Denny Potvin yesterday. He likes Torts but said he would not have enjoyed playing for him. He thought raw emotional and personal appeals to players

does not work. He felt a team approach with a clear identity was better. You pick the

players who can fit the system rather than adjusting the system to fit the player. I

refer back to comments I have made about the Canuck identity being dominated by the

Twins. He commented about the SeaHawk strength under Pete Carroll being about

drafting players who fit his system or signing FA players who could adapt.

Horvat is going nowhere.

I think last nights game displayed what trouble this team is in.

More so than just a simple single player for player trade.

One or both of edler and Kesler could be leaving and that leaves us with a hole on D and a hole on our C depth. Trading Horvat is foolish as we can all see that this team is going to be in a rebuild mode as opposed to a retool mode sooner than later

I think a serious loss tonight against the Bruins could speed things along

My enthusiasm for the game is ebbing almost as fast as Van's fortunes in 2014. As much as I realize that injuries are changing the way the game is played I don't like it and pine for yesteryear.

Canucks have to rejig their timeline and accept that this club with a few add ons is

not a CUP contender.It is too early to tell whether Horvat can center a #1 line or not. However it appears that Kesler cannot. Sign a UFA but do not trade pics or prospects.

Interesting comment by Denny Potvin yesterday. He likes Torts but said he would not have enjoyed playing for him. He thought raw emotional and personal appeals to players

does not work. He felt a team approach with a clear identity was better. You pick the

players who can fit the system rather than adjusting the system to fit the player. I

refer back to comments I have made about the Canuck identity being dominated by the

Good post. It reminded of when torts first got hired and one of the sedins said they liked it and wanted to be atougher team to play against. Then earlier this year i read a few comments on here about how the sedins were gritty and tough now undwr torts.

The reality is like you and denis mentioned. You need players who already fit that system and style of play. Nagging and shouting at players to effectively play in a way they arent built to play isnt going to take you far. You need to bring in personnel who already see the game and play that way naturally. You dont try turn mason raymonds into bob proberts, sedins into dale hunters, and so on. To be fair to torts if they want him to stay mg needs to ship out some od the guys who arwnt capable of playing his style and bringing some guys in who can.

So we can trade Kesler to Florida for Barkov? Should we trade the twins also? You don't know what management is planning im not pretending to know but it makes less sense to trade Kesler when he would be a perfect match to mentor Horvat and Gaunce...That's a plan for a better team

in no way does kelser strike me as a mentor of any kind........quite the opposite actually.

in no way does kelser strike me as a mentor of any kind........quite the opposite actually.

Not to me...You in that camp that O'Reilly is this perfect mentor? Kesler is a Selke winning 2way forward and Gaunce and Horvat are 2way forwards also...Seems perfect to me...The hate on our current players is ridiculous

IMO, Torterella is not the right coach for this team, or this conference even, and I shouldn't be surprised, given the number of NTC's handed out, that MG signed him for 5 years. I think he is a good 2 year coach, maybe 3 with the right set of players. His reliance on hustle and heart is not a recipe for success in the west, where the best minds in hockey stand behind the bench of many of the teams. He's being outclassed, imo, and what were his strengths in the east are now choking him in the west.

MG has no choice but to clean house and find players who fit his style........however, I don't see good things for this club with him at the helm.

If we trade Kesler now after re-signing the Sedins, then we're INCREDIBLY stupid. That being said, i can see it happening as he realizes he's only got a few years left. I hope he doesn't want to leave though. Him and Bieksa should retire Canucks.

A winning culture, tremendous player development and improved drafting is what's been sold to us. Time to deliver.

Not to me...You in that camp that O'Reilly is this perfect mentor? Kesler is a Selke winning 2way forward and Gaunce and Horvat are 2way forwards also...Seems perfect to me...The hate on our current players is ridiculous

not at all.........kesler doesn't strike me as player who is all that kind to young guys......nor does Burrows. I've been on enough teams in my time to know the different personalities on a team and how they react to each other, and I just don't see Kesler being a great teammate, leader or mentor. Just my opinion though.

not at all.........kesler doesn't strike me as player who is all that kind to young guys......nor does Burrows. I've been on enough teams in my time to know the different personalities on a team and how they react to each other, and I just don't see Kesler being a great teammate, leader or mentor. Just my opinion though.

As the team sits now I will agree Burrows is putting the weight of the world on his shoulders to get that 1 goal and Kesler is being pushed to the limit along with the twins to produce...Long term I do see them being good mentors to youth but not sure if they have a long term on this team

And I agree with your other post Torts is just not the coach for this team he likes grinders/hitters...Hes not a good option long term and his recent actions show he is not going to work because MG either trades everybody for Torts level players and we get screwed long and short term or we move him out for somebody else...Hopefully Linden wants to be a coach at least for this season and if MG does end up getting fired the #1 choice would be Naslund with Smyl

...Hopefully Linden wants to be a coach at least for this season and if MG does end up getting fired the #1 choice would be Naslund with Smyl

Yeah, wouldn't that be great. Fire a coach with experience and hire somebody who doesn't have even amateur level coaching experience. How did that work for the Coyotes when they hired Gretzky?

Yeah, wouldn't that be great. Fire a coach with experience and hire somebody who doesn't have even amateur level coaching experience. How did that work for the Coyotes when they hired Gretzky?

The concept was so laughable I didn't even want to respond...kind of surprised you bothered.

Moving Horvat would be a terrible move. Every team has at least 2 guys that were top 10 draft picks leading the way. Our last two were the Sedins, over 10 years ago. And it took them 3 seasons to get going. We move Horvat and we set ourselves back.

Gaunce is playing with McDavid. Shinkaruk is small but hungry. Both would get sizable returns in 1-2 years. Not to mention Schroeder and Kassian.

Moving Horvat would be a terrible move. Every team has at least 2 guys that were top 10 draft picks leading the way. Our last two were the Sedins, over 10 years ago. And it took them 3 seasons to get going. We move Horvat and we set ourselves back.

Gaunce is playing with McDavid. Shinkaruk is small but hungry. Both would get sizable returns in 1-2 years. Not to mention Schroeder and Kassian.

Gaunce is playing with Fox on the 2nd line

Archived