The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Things are not adding up guys.

It's a process

Guess what people... It's called a slump. Once we snap out of it, and I wish I knew when it will be but I dont (against Chicago, or when we get Torts back would be my guesses), we will go on a win streak and suddenly we're the best team in the NHL again. Stick with them people, they know how to play hockey.

2 hits 5 blocked shots if were going to post stats post them all not just the ones that help your argument

nobody really on the defense is playing up to their salary Hamhuis goes down to early never learns how to block the pass Bieksa pinches way too often giving up odd man rushes Garrison isn't great defensively to begin with but is paid for his offense and yes Edler a -3 but nowhere near the worst d-man on the ice tonight

Tanev and Stanton are...

i wonder how much Torts gone is effecting this team in the 2 losses so far in his absence

2-2 so far in 4 games with Chicago and Winnipeg left til he is back

How is Torts going to help them make passes or bury chances. THe coach can only do so much. WIth an experienced coaching staff and veteran core, they shouldn't need a coach baby-sitting them every game.

This is a team that has no identity and is lost. They don't know if they're a skilled team, a goon team, a shut down team or whatever and the result is they are none of those.

I'm almost ready to give up on this season. The current team even when fully healthy cannot compete with the top teams, we don't have the talent or the hockey iq that the 2011 team had, Burrows cant hit ocean if he fell of a damn boat... everything is not in sync with this team.

and It doesn't look like management can do anything about it because our incompetent GM gave away NTCs for fun.. looks like no changes in the horizon.....

Agreed.

De Niro + Warhippy + Dragonfruits + 10000 Vintage Canuck posts for Tiger Singh. Need a youth movement.

how about less people that only show up when the Canucks lose game and are nowhere to be seen when they are winning games with half brain theories on how this team should be run because apparently they know the market more than people doing it everyday as their Jobs

If Hank's back

Higgins - Hank - Burr

(gotta kick-start Burr, or at least try to; if it STILL doesn't work bump him down; Higgins' production'll go up)

Daniel - Kes - Kassian

(I think Kass and Kes can work quite well together; not sure how to fix Daniel but here goes)

Booth - Richardson - Schroeder (three guys who work pretty well off the rush)

Weise - Dalpe - Hansen (if nothing else, at least they can fly around, provide energy and check with their speed)

how about less people that only show up when the Canucks lose game and are nowhere to be seen when they are winning games with this half brain theories on how this team should be run because apparently they know the market more than people doing it everyday as their Jobs

How about you start scoring some goals... you are useless. At least Tiger Singh brings some youthful energy to this team..

also nothing against Luongo but Lack should of started that game especially the way Luongo played last night you don't give a game especially back to back after that performance

I agree. I didn't get that. It is back to back nights.

My only thought is that the Canucks are going to start Lack against the Blackhawks because they don't feel comfortable starting Luongo against the Bruins or the Blackhawks anymore because of bad memories. If that is true it is just plain silly but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Lack start vs the Blackhawks.

So far this year Luongo hasn't played against either the Blackhawks or the Bruins.

I don't know what the hell Garrison was doing tonight. Up at the blueline with your man going to the net? Seriously?

Kass has got to stop thinking he's Thornton every time he makes a sweet dekes or pass. He invariably ends up trying stuff being his ability, and screwing up.

Hansen, Kesler, and Higgins came so close, but the puck kept bouncing on them at the worst times. They also look tired.

Got two goals from an unexpected source, and Bryzgalov looked shaky... but STILL couldn't do squat.

Boy this team looks like it needs the Olympic break. Unfortunately the guys who need the break most are playing.

Here's a thought: you played last night, got offense from Dalpe, and Sedin-Burrows ain't doing jack-all... why not give Dalpe more minutes???

GIllis tied his wagon to the horses named Sedin and will look like an absolute idiot if he allows them to be relegated to 2nd or 3rd line duty in favour of kids...no matter how they play. THe Sedin re-singing could easily turn out to be 10X worse than Lu's albatross contract.

Archived