The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets JAN 31st 5:30

Alex the Great

Did people actually expect us to make a run for the cup this year.

This year was a trial run for Torts, giving Booth one more chance, and seeing if Santo, Richardson and, Stanton were good. As well if Hansen and Higgins could ever be 2nd liners.

We found those answers and all there is left is for the core to battle as a team to make the playoffs.

Next year we have Horvat, Gaunce, and Jensen all ready like monahan and nischukinen were this year. Oh yea and we can trade Edler.

I feel for the boys struggle but damn am I ready for next year, and for them to get a rest.

Maybe I started this too early... Seems like everyone is still grumpy from last night..

It's been a rough month and people are surly.

If we don't change our mix soon then we will miss the playoffs.

Can MG pull off a Pat Quinn style trade to spark our team?

Having watched the Jets play recently, this will be a tough one for a bunch Nucks that are lacking chemistry and confidence. If they stand around like they have been the Jets will skate rings around them.

I'd really like to see Sully break from over-playing the supposed stars who are crapping the bed and roll 4 lines. If the 3 and 4 line guys are energized and effective let them play.

Jets are on the ascendant and are revitalized..Canucks are knackered and trying to bump the slump..I dont like having Schroeder centering Danny and Burr,the kid has better chemistry with Kassian.

Agreed....it just neuters Schroeder. ..burr and danj need to figure it out on their own.

It's been a rough month and people are surly.

If we don't change our mix soon then we will miss the playoffs.

Can MG pull off a Pat Quinn style trade to spark our team?

Not likely, no chips to play with. Most attractive player withouta NTC has a broken thumb. Bo Horvat I guess is the next best piece, maybe Kassian (*cough, Cam Neely*)

Homer Deb will not abandon her team and is in this for the long haul. I remind people that I saw my Lions lose 6/7 games (about 1/3 of the season) in 2011 (?) and they then went on to win the GC. People laughed that I was still on board halfway through that season...wrote it off.

I am fully aware of the issues that we're having and that an aging core is slowing down and has been figured out in a predictable way. I also see a lack of go for the throat urgency that may or may not kick in...but, if it does, I think they're still fully capable. They have to want it as badly as we do and with them seemingly in conservation mode at times, we should at least have something in the tank for playoffs. I've seen this team die trying to get there (on top)...so pacing themselves isn't a bad thing. But complacency is.

Go Canucks Go!

Homer Deb will not abandon her team and is in this for the long haul. I remind people that I saw my Lions lose 6/7 games (about 1/3 of the season) in 2011 (?) and they then went on to win the GC. People laughed that I was still on board halfway through that season...wrote it off.

I am fully aware of the issues that we're having and that an aging core is slowing down and has been figured out in a predictable way. I also see a lack of go for the throat urgency that may or may not kick in...but, if it does, I think they're still fully capable. They have to want it as badly as we do and with them seemingly in conservation mode at times, we should at least have something in the tank for playoffs. I've seen this team die trying to get there (on top)...so pacing themselves isn't a bad thing. But complacency is.

Go Canucks Go!

WHAT SHE SAID. GO CANUCKS GO

Archived