The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] VAN Dale Weise to MTL

Strombone1

What makes some of you guys think that this sets them up for an Edler trade?

Weber and Alberts are the odd men out. Plus we dont know the extent of Tanev's inury.

Due to injuries they need NHL calibre d-men during this crucial time when they are fighting for their playoff lives. I wouldnt read too much into it other than that.

When healthy, we have a logjam on defense with Corrado knocking on the door to play up here next year. It's already been widely addressed the Canucks are looking to deal some of that defensive depth for youth/re-tool.

What makes some of you guys think that this sets them up for an Edler trade?

Weber and Alberts are the odd men out. Plus we dont know the extent of Tanev's inury.

Due to injuries they need NHL calibre d-men during this crucial time when they are fighting for their playoff lives. I wouldnt read too much into it other than that.

Wrong. Alberts/Diaz and Weber will our 7th and 8th defencemen once we're healthy. Diaz gives us the opportunity to have 3 LD and 3 RD AND package Edler up for a top six forward

Hamhuis - Tanev

Garrison - Bieksa

Stanton - Diaz

Alberts - Weber

WHAT A $*$*#*$$ JOKE.

I HOPE MG CHOKES ON A MAJOR ...

IS HE INSANE? DALEEEEEEE WEISE? JUST TRADE MY 3RD FAVOURITE PLAYER. I HATE THIS MAGGOT GM.

he tried to kick out my favourite but the owner didn't let him. Now he pulls this bs? What a joke.

He traded a full on heart and soul guy. What a joke.

Yeah, I know, eh? Next time, Gillis should consult with you and, after making a list of your favourite players, then decide who he should and shouldn't offload.

Gillis is such a maggot!

Dale weise is the only player in the NHL getting double digit points while playing under ten minutes of ice time.

Torts hated him in new york and he hated him here.

tone down on the fanboyism it's annoying

can't imagine what you will be like when Luongo either retires due to his contract or gets moved

Love the deal.

And the reactions of people who think this means Edler will now be dealt. Not paying much attention apparently.

Diaz is not as soft some people here are implying - and he has 100 blocked shots this year - which puts him in the top 30 in the NHL and top 30 in blocks/60min.

He also has pretty good underlying numbers (8th on the Habs) with 42.9% ozone starts.

A UFA for a UFA - both at reasonable cap hits that don't hamper either club for the rest of the season if they intend further moves.

Anyone complaining about this deal is either oblivious, or understandably, part of the Dale Weise Cult fan club. The latter group have my full and unequivocal respect.

Thanks to Dale Weise for being a hard working Canuck. He was surprising at times, frustrating at others. He was probably the roster player the team could most afford to move. I'm glad he landed on a team I really like - the Habs. As for the Canucks, they got a player that fits their immediate needs very well imo.

I think this is a hell of a crafty move on Gillis' part.

Weise is RFA.

Wrong. Alberts/Diaz and Weber will our 7th and 8th defencemen once we're healthy. Diaz gives us the opportunity to have 3 LD and 3 RD AND package Edler up for a top six forward

Hamhuis - Tanev

Garrison - Bieksa

Stanton - Diaz

Alberts - Weber

Ill believe it when I see it - to me this is just a move that meets an immediate need. Fighting for their playoff lives with Sauve and Corrado probably didnt sit well with management.

Weise was a good kid, i think he was a real team player. But there are a few guys in Utica that can probably provide the same.

I can't believe more people aren't happy with this trade. Its nothing huge but it is still a pretty good return for Weise. I think people have it in their heads to attack MG no matter what he does

No doubt. If Weise can get Diaz...maybe Gillis can swing Hansen and a pick for Shea Weber next! :lol:

If we can re-sign Diaz then it's a good deal for a plug of a player who just couldn't put his game together (4th liner which we have plenty of).

Diaz is a puck moving albeit soft defenseman. So did we just get softer and smaller in the West?

Does this allude to another Dman trade once everbody is healthy? (Edler to Philly for Simmonds/Read?).

tone down on the fanboyism it's annoying

can't imagine what you will be like when Luongo either retires due to his contract or gets moved

Thats like saying I wonder what pens fans would say if crosby retired tomorrow.

It's not happening.

Dale weise out scored all players who play under ten minutes a game. The coach hates him

We traded a good player because of our redneck Bostonian coaches.

Archived