The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] VAN Dale Weise to MTL

Strombone1

Stupid trade. Diaz won't even get into the line up once we're healthy. We just gave away one of the most productive fourth liners in the league. Weise was on pace for 20 points. He brings physicality, he can fight. Often what we are criticized for lacking. Our fourth line is more useless now than ever.

I find it hilarious that your name on here is Tortorella's Rant and this is something that Torts wouldn't even lose sleep over.

Fantastic move by MG. With Markov and Subban a guy like Diaz wasn't really needed and wasn't given a whole lot of opportunity.

Great skater, great passer, sound defensively (positional). Huge weaknesses are his physical play and shooting.

Sounds like the ideal partner for Garrison. We severely lack a player who can skate the puck up the ice and make breakout passes.

Diaz led all Montreal D in primary assists 5 on 5 /60 minutes (3rd overall in assists) and was on the ice for the least amount of goals /60 minutes.

I am good with this as long as he doesn't try to make passes leading to this...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eJlbHUCuT74

This was quite irresponsible. He lined his own player up for the hit!!!

It wasn't irresponsible, when he made the pass gryba was not headed towards eller, as soon as he released the pass gryba skated towards eller. It was no ones fault except for maybe ellers a little bit for not keeping his head up. It was a clean play.

I find this totally bizarre... but then again, I find almost all Gillis moves totally bizarre. There's no way this guy will be here next year... or even when all the D get back from injury. Weird.

- I don't know that we have a right hand guy to replace Weise... can't think of one. We just got worse.

CDC seems thinks Edler has equivalent value to Shea Weber.

Or rather that his value has decreased so much he might not get us Diaz back in return. Plenty of knowledgeable people in the middle understand his value is still very good and should warrant a reasonable return.

You have said quite a few crazy things but I agree here. Kesler is nothing without the sedins even on the winnipeg goal daniel kept the puck when there was two guys on him and somehow made a amazing pass that led to the goal.

When the sedins are on fire we are more of a contender then when kes is.

A lot of fans from other teams say kesler is superoverated.

That's debateable. He's carried us at points when he wasn't with the Sedins or they weren't producing (i.e. the Nashville series) but any shooter will be improved by a good playmaker. Considering that, no wonder he gets more points playing with the Sedins.

Kesler's more of a player that will carry the team on his back and will goal, where the Sedins are consistent scorers (usually) who contribute by always being a threat.

Jeff Paterson@patersonjeff

Diaz surprised by deal. Excited. Knows VAN from 2010 Olympics. Not playing tonight, will debut in BOS #Canucks

Stupid trade. Diaz won't even get into the line up once we're healthy. We just gave away one of the most productive fourth liners in the league. Weise was on pace for 20 points. He brings physicality, he can fight. Often what we are criticized for lacking. Our fourth line is more useless now than ever.

You're mixing up pre-injury Weise with post-injury Weise.

seriously why do people think they made this trade so we can trade a D-man we made this trade out of necessity because were short of NHL D-men because of injuries to Bieksa, Tanev, Weber

That would be this:

tumblr_m2l3845kHU1qbpgppo2_r1_250.gif

However dumping Weise's RFA contract for something is a side bonus. He had no future here as soon as Torts arrived.

Given how desperate the Canucks are for a D man (especially a righty) the fact that we got what we needed without having to give anything much up is pretty good.

The report on Diaz though is that he doesn't have much of a shot. That won't help our lack of offense coming from the back end

Oh well, it's a move...which proves that MG is indeed still alive so that's good

I find it hilarious that your name on here is Tortorella's Rant and this is something that Torts wouldn't even lose sleep over.

We're harping about offense all the time and we go and trade literally one of the most productive fourth liners in the league. Where is the logic in that.

Edler, Garrison, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Stanton, Tanev, Alberts, Weber, Diaz. Where does Diaz get into this line up when we're healthy? Where does he if we trade Edler? He's still got to fight between Alberts and Weber.

Archived