The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Leafs {Sat Feb 8, 3PM}

John.Tallhouse

"I'm not going to make excuses. Injuries are part of the game, we have to fight through this. We've got to bring it back to the basics" - Lu

By basics, I hope he means stopping pucks. The team has struggled but he has not helped them out with only 1 game in 6 with a sv % above .9. I understand Torts wants to get him going but he certainly has not earned the right to start based on recent performance just like many of our core forwards haven't earned their ice time lately.

I hate to say this but the 11 game winning streak over the leafs will end.....

We lose 4-1

Then some dumb maple leafs fans won't stop calling my phone so I throw my in a toilet

I hate to say it but your right, at 0-6 it leads me to believe the level of compete is just as bad in the front office as it is on the ice. I cant think of one team out there that would put up with this crap play for half as long.

Leafs 5 Nucks 0

Reading Hfboards and the Leafs fans want Kassian's head...

He's sure made a lot of enemies through accidental plays.

Since nobody will intimidate Kassian on the ice, I guess Leafs fans will have to hop over the glass to get their own piece of him.

I have a feeling the Canucks may come out with a win here. Only because a loss heading into the break means the loser talk won't end for WEEKS. But we'll see.

Yeah. If we lose this one I may be on an Olympic break media blackout just to save my sanity.

I have a feeling the Canucks may come out with a win here. Only because a loss heading into the break means the loser talk won't end for WEEKS. But we'll see.

one win won't likely change things much. 5-13 in their last 18 isn't going to make anyone feel like "winners".

If the leafs play just okay in this game I think the nucks lose

If we score only a goal or two it will yet again not be enough.

Canucks are easily the worst team in the league in January at 4-11-2.. It'd actually be pretty sad if the leafs didn't beat us tonight.. Considering everyone else has! (At least thas what it feels like)

True, but a loss would bring much more hate from the idiots out east. A win would quiet that.

Good point. Interesting that TSN, on its home page chose a pic of Lu scooping a puck out of the net as its cover photo. Eastern bias is not even subtle.

Since nobody will intimidate Kassian on the ice, I guess Leafs fans will have to hop over the glass to get their own piece of him.

Will the laughs fan be wearing a paper bag over his head :bigblush:

HAHAHAH WOOOOW anyone watching HNIC?

PJ basically said that the Canucks are the opposite of the Leafs, as the Leafs are doing everything right (remember, the Leafs can do no wrong in Toronto). Then goes on to say that Canucks are trending downwards, and Leafs upwards. He just really needed to make it pronounced that the Canucks are horrible team in every facet compared to Toronto...

I wanted to punch him through my TV screen

Archived