The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks Discussing Edler for Franzen Trade w/ Detroit, Interest in Gaborik/Vanek/Moulson, Calls on Kesler

Its not Manthha for edler staright up though. Franzen brings negative value to the deal imo. Would be like trading Booth with Horvat but his contract ends sooner

How so?

Franzen is nearly a point per game player and is a playoff performer. The only thing negative about Franzen is his contract length and his age.

When we had Luongo in the shop window, the media insinuated gross underpayments(were in order) & implied the product was faulty(with a dubious warranty!). Eastern propaganda to devalue any asset we were selling. They'd complain about Lu's dependability, term, or even his hairstyle to any who'd listen.

Expect more of this for ANY piece we put to market. Certainly AM glad that MG ignores media prior to trades; but they probably prefer Blowhards(HQ insiders) like Burke.

We'd best be selling this deadline-and only if the price IS RIGHT!

^^You didn't answer the question though. Would you trade Horvat for Edler?

I'm betting the majority of people on here would say no.

Detroit has an aging core too There's no motivation for them to give up their best young prospect.

Horvat >>>> Mantha.

And yes, I trade Horvat for Edler. The guy is still only 27 years old on a great contract. He will reach his potential by age 30 if he goes to a good system.

I really hope it's not Edler for Franzen straight up... If the Canucks have to take Franzen back for cap reasons but also walk out of the deal with a top prospect, I would do it. Franzen's contract is pretty bad for its length but he's a great power forward when healthy. Anyone else remember when Magnus Arvedsson came to the Canucks and joined the Sedin line? That line was starting to get hot until he suffered what I remember to be a career ending injury. The biggest question about Franzen moving forward is whether he's going to be healthy enough.

I would do Edler+Hansen for Franzen, Mantha, 1st(2014). Seems fair IMO. Gm's in a playoff spot pay up at the deadline if they want to get that extra push they need to give their teams a better chance to go far in the playoffs.

I think Edler= Franzen, Mantha and

Hansen=1st

Now I dont think Hansen would normally command a first but we've seen comparable players net that amount in the past at the trade deadline.

I believe that package as a whole makes it more even because we would be taking Franzen back. Plus I wouldn't mind seeing the mule with Hank, Dank. I think that would be interesting even though he is 34 years old. Mantha and the first would boost up our prospect pool big time :towel:

How so?

Franzen is nearly a point per game player and is a playoff performer. The only thing negative about Franzen is his contract length and his age.

Playoff performer. 10p -9 in 27gp the last 3 postseason. His contract sucks,. Coukd retire after 2016 where he stops making 5 million. Then we are stuck with a recapture penalty.

If he is getting injured in the east imagine him vs SJS, LA, ANA, STL.

Horvat >>>> Mantha.

And yes, I trade Horvat for Edler. The guy is still only 27 years old on a great contract. He will reach his potential by age 30 if he goes to a good system.

If that's true, why wouldn't the Canucks just improve their system rather than trade a stud D-man?

If that's true, why wouldn't the Canucks just improve their system rather than trade a stud D-man?

Lol, that's a good one!!! You have to play the cards you are dealt. Right now, the Nucks decided to play their cards by way of bringing in Torts. Right or wrong decision, that's a debate for another day and another thread. Does Edler fit anymore? The answer is no! Not under Torts.

Lol, that's a good one!!! You have to play the cards you are dealt. Right now, the Nucks decided to play their cards by way of bringing in Torts. Right or wrong decision, that's a debate for another day and another thread. Does Edler fit anymore? The answer is no! Not under Torts.

I don't buy that.

So you're saying Torts is the reason why Edler can't put up points on the powerplay? It's not like he just forgot how to shoot the puck.

If Del Zotto could thrive under Torts, there's no reason why Edler couldn't.

I'm much more interested in what we could get for Kesler, and who would be interested.

Much greater return methinks. And i think Kes would definitely waive to go to a contender.

Kesler would likely waive for the Wings being from Michigan .

Babcock would love to have a guy like Kesler to play behind Datsyuk. That's two former Selke winners in the top 6.

Trading him would more likely get Mantha and a 1st.

Archived