The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canada vs Finland, preliminary round game 3

goalie13

The Finns are gonna clog it up and counter which makes them dangerous. No one thought they could win the juniors either.

Babcock has to find a " go to" line or were gonna get toasted. No more weak teams to toy with now.

I like the suggestion made of Duchene with Crosby. St. Louis and Kunitz are not gonna cut it.

Duchene Crosby Carter

Marleau Getzlaf Perry

Sharp Toews Nash

Benn Bergeron Tavares

Luongo should be the guy and Hamhuis looked better than Vlasic and Bouwmeester.

Crosby and St Louis had good chemistry and I'd love to see Duchesne on that line. Bergeron's line will stay in tact and I think Toews, Marleau and Carter will be a line. Obviously Getzlaf and Perry stay together, probably with Nash.

Duchesne Crosby St. Louis

Marleau Toews Carter

Nash Getzlaf Perry

Benn Bergeron Tavares

Sharp

After watching the Russia-US game, I think this is Canada's to lose. They have the most mobile d corps, by a mile, the most speed and quickness from top to bottom at forward, and solid two play from all forwards. I thought the Americans looked slow and sluggish against the Russians and was surprised how easily they were pushed around in that game. the Russians look good, but just don't have the d to handle Canada's combination of size, speed, skill and grit. The Swedes are done with Zetterberg, imo, and would need a huge showing from Lundqvist to be a real force. I think Canada's only question mark, at this point is goaltending, but both Lu and Price looked good enough to get the job done.

TSN reports Duschene and Subban are out and Hammer and Sharp are back in for the Finland game.

No word on which goalie will start yet.

Bad call, imo. Duchesne was great......his speed and quickness really shone on the big ice I thought

Bad call, imo. Duchesne was great......his speed and quickness really shone on the big ice I thought

I thought so too,, he made a couple of real nice rushes with speed..Subban was pretty average imo.

Then again they didnt say Duchene was out either,, I guess I jumped the gun..Kunitz could sit.

Coach Mike Babcock already confirmed on Friday that Patrick Sharp and Dan Hamhuis, benched in favour of Matt Duchene and P.K. Subban for Friday's game against Austria, would return to the line-up against Finland. Babcock did not indicate who would sit in their place.

Should be a good test for both teams. Not going to predict an outcome but if both teams play to their potential, Canada should win.

Open question to CDC: if Canada happens to end up in a shootout, who would you send out? I'd go with:

Toews

Perry

Crosby

Toews

Crosby

Those two are a given. The next person I would choose is Duchene, but since he's not playing, I'd go with either Sharp or Tavares.

I thought so too,, he made a couple of real nice rushes with speed..Subban was pretty average imo.

Then again they didnt say Duchene was out either,, I guess I jumped the gun..Kunitz could sit.

Coach Mike Babcock already confirmed on Friday that Patrick Sharp and Dan Hamhuis, benched in favour of Matt Duchene and P.K. Subban for Friday's game against Austria, would return to the line-up against Finland. Babcock did not indicate who would sit in their place.

It has to be Kunitz. Duchene was too good on Friday to sit out. Bouwmeester wasn't that great either. IMO these should be the lines:

Benn - Crosby - Carter

Tavares - Toews - Sharp

Duchene - Getzlaf - Perry

Nash - Bergeron - St. Louis/Marleau

Kunitz, Marleau/St. Louis

Keith - Weber

Doughty - Pietrangelo

Hamhuis - Subban

Vlasic, Bouwmeester

Luongo

Price

I've said it before that IMO a Hamhuis - Subban pair would be dynamite.

Price is starting...

UIHGKJDHGKJDFHGKJDH so much rage.. Price really hasn't earned the spot to be the #1 goalie on this team, should've been Lu all the way. This is going to sound awful, but I'm hoping Price lets in a couple of bad goals.

JUST WANTED LU TO START FSHFKJDSF

To put it simply, Price in elimination games scares me.

Price is starting...

UIHGKJDHGKJDFHGKJDH so much rage.. Price really hasn't earned the spot to be the #1 goalie on this team, should've been Lu all the way. This is going to sound awful, but I'm hoping Price lets in a couple of bad goals.

JUST WANTED LU TO START FSHFKJDSF

Team Canada Men@HC_Men 13m

Canada lineup changes for CAN-FIN. Price to start, backed up by Luongo. Hamhuis and Sharp in for Subban and St-Louis

No comment...don't know what else Lu can do to prove himself. And St, Louis out while Kunitz stays? wow

Lets see how Price does, he is the guy now

seriously Luongo not starting i could care less

Kunitz still in the lineup bothers me more the guy has floated the entire tourney so far

also Brodeur was determined to be the starter with Luongo taking over when he stumbled anything can happen Price starting future games will all depend on how he plays against Finland i am sure Babcock will have no issue switching to Luongo

Archived