The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canada vs Finland, preliminary round game 3

goalie13

That was anything but boring, it was fast paced and exciting. Just because your team is not dominating does not mean the game is boring, you're watching it wrong buddy.

Had nothing to do with my team not dominating. Both teams sat back and waited for mistakes for large portions of the game buddy. What game were you watching?

Had nothing to do with my team not dominating. Both teams sat back and waited for mistakes for large portions of the game buddy. What game were you watching?

Canada vs Finland, it was good I dont know how you didn't enjoy it. I definitely wouldn't call it boring, the Norway game was less exciting for me than this one

All i meant was the Swiss are going to play the same way buddy. Boring sitting back and waiting for mistakes. What makes it exciting is the close score and the tension created by every mistake being a potential game-ender. But the play itself? Meh.

That's not the way Finland plays. Canadian team dominating the first 20 forced the opponent to play D and slowly start getting more offensive towards the end of the second. The third period was good, quality hockey IMO.

That didn't answer the question.

Please explain your point? Edler gets danced regularly in the NHL and is anything but dynamic. If you see him as the Nucks answer to Doughty, Weber, Pieterangelo, Bouwmeester etc, I don't think I have an answer for you.

Yup. Nucks really lack in the dynamic D department.

PK Subban was scratched. Must have been because he isn't dynamic.

Marc-Edouard Vlasic, with a career high of 6 goals, plays with Drew Doughty for the entire game. Must be because he's so much more dynamic than Hamhuis.

If you want to take underhanded jabs at Hamhuis, don't use the coaching staff's preference for one player over another as rationale. They kept Chris freakin' Kunitz in the lineup over the Art Ross trophy winner Martin St. Louis, for God's sake.

All i meant was the Swiss are going to play the same way buddy. Boring sitting back and waiting for mistakes. What makes it exciting is the close score and the tension created by every mistake being a potential game-ender. But the play itself? Meh.

I agree with this. I'm not the biggest Olympic hockey fan, but it does represent a chance for the highest level players to put on a show. When they're restricted from doing so by fear-induced coaching, an opportunity is lost.

That's not the way Finland plays. Canadian team dominating the first 20 forced the opponent to play D and slowly start getting more offensive towards the end of the second. The third period was good, quality hockey IMO.

The Fins pretty much sat back for the last 15mins of the third and played strict trap hockey. They had 2 shots in the 3rd, Canada carried possession, and the Fins just played defense and kept their goal out of trouble. Cleared the puck, but very very little fore-check.

Just watching this game, and I thought "what has Kunitz done"? Why is he on team Canada over a guy like Thornton?

ive been asking that question since day 1. people reply with "well he has great chemistry with sid". well what if sid gets hurt? or struggles? hen we have this useless peice of meat on our team like we have now.

Archived