The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Like I said a week ago

Vladislav Kamenov I am very interested in for our 2nd round pick, he is helping my opinion by scoring some big goals in the U18 tourney and playing quite well!

Pouliot wasn't on the table though. He was part of the discussions from what I remember, but they had legit concerns over Letang and if he'd be able to come back, as well as being high on Pouliot, and weren't willing to offer him up at that time. Now that Letang is back they are rumoured to be more open to moving Pouliot, but there was never anything they offered at the deadline based on the reports I heard that would have come close to matching Kesler's value.

It was more like:

redundant 3rd line center (we'd already acquired Matthias at that point)

defence prospect not named Maata or Pouliot

1st and a 3rd in 2014 (no 2015 picks offered)

My understanding was they offered a package with Pouliot before the olympics, than after it changed to Sutter, 1 of Dumoulin or Despres a 1st and a 2nd or was it it a third, either way whatever discussion there was over Pouliot Letangs stroke ended that for sure.

I really think posters on the board should stop expecting Kesler to be traded, if he is traded I will be very surprised and just hope the return is large enough that I can be happy with it. But I am not going to look forward to it or try to expect what we would get.

Lol do you even watch that line theyve made kore highlight passes in 3 weeks than the sedins all year.

Thank god for richardson

Booo richardson that stupid line with booth and kassian won us a couple games, we coulda been top 5 in draft XD!!!

Like I said a week ago

Vladislav Kamenov I am very interested in for our 2nd round pick, he is helping my opinion by scoring some big goals in the U18 tourney and playing quite well!

My understanding was they offered a package with Pouliot before the olympics, than after it changed to Sutter, 1 of Dumoulin or Despres a 1st and a 2nd or was it it a third, either way whatever discussion there was over Pouliot Letangs stroke ended that for sure.

I really think posters on the board should stop expecting Kesler to be traded, if he is traded I will be very surprised and just hope the return is large enough that I can be happy with it. But I am not going to look forward to it or try to expect what we would get.

Booo richardson that stupid line with booth and kassian won us a couple games, we coulda been top 5 in draft XD!!!

Yea I know 5th overall would have been diabolical

Pouliot wasn't on the table though. He was part of the discussions from what I remember, but they had legit concerns over Letang and if he'd be able to come back, as well as being high on Pouliot, and weren't willing to offer him up at that time. Now that Letang is back they are rumoured to be more open to moving Pouliot, but there was never anything they offered at the deadline based on the reports I heard that would have come close to matching Kesler's value.

It was more like:

I do believe currently with the forward defensive issues Pitts has and a healthy Letang, that deal could very well be back on the table

I also believe, after reading a link into the ongoing thread on the Ducks page; that people are more and more amiable to taking on Kesler for a high prospect and that 10th overall+

Either of those deals are ones I would seriously consider for Kesler.

It was more like:

I believe I much rather have Sutter over Matthias. Reduntant 3rd line center he is not. He has been and will improve upon being a shutdown center we havent had since Malhotra

More upside, hockey IQ, better on faceoffs.

To Matthias' defense, Im willing to give Matthias one full year on our squad before I give a full judgement.

As for the pick of Dumoulin or Despres. ...I think Dumoulin is going to be a rock solid defender in the next year or 2. Nit flashy but gets the job done and has plenty of size

and that pick could be Lemieux, Demko, Cornel, Glover or Dougherty

I believe I much rather have Sutter over Matthias. Reduntant 3rd line center he is not. He has been and will improve upon being a shutdown center we havent had since Malhotra

More upside, hockey IQ, better on faceoffs.

To Matthias' defense, Im willing to give Matthias one full year on our squad before I give a full judgement.

As for the pick of Dumoulin or Despres. ...I think Dumoulin is going to be a rock solid defender in the next year or 2. Nit flashy but gets the job done and has plenty of size

and that pick could be Lemieux, Demko, Cornel, Glover or Dougherty

Matter of opinion on both sides, but when we're moving someone like Kesler we'd sure as hell better get a bigger return than that. They aren't bad pieces, but for me it's a good example of trying to get quality by offering quantity.

William Nylander now has 4g 7a 11pts in 4gp in the U18.

Will he catch the top scorers of the tournaments' history, Nikita Kucherov and Toni Rajala? Or the top-scoring Swedes of the tournament, Johan Larsson and Magnus Paavarvi? Wow, imagine if Nylander turned out to be the next Paavarvi? According to Edmonton hype, he was an all-star in the making.

In all seriousness, good for him.

He's still my favourite for our pick if no one drops from the top 5. Too bad there weren't more of the games on TV for the round robin, but maybe I'll get to see more of him or other players besides the Canadians in the playoff rounds.

William Nylander now has 4g 7a 11pts in 4gp in the U18.

Will he catch the top scorers of the tournaments' history, Nikita Kucherov and Toni Rajala? Or the top-scoring Swedes of the tournament, Johan Larsson and Magnus Paavarvi? Wow, imagine if Nylander turned out to be the next Paavarvi? According to Edmonton hype, he was an all-star in the making.

In all seriousness, good for him.

I look at those 4 names and frigging cringe....the likelihood of us picking a guy who pans out as poorly as those 4 is very slim but uggghhh

Over on the HFBoards one use has started a mock draft involving input of each team's members to select the pick. So far each team's board has selected:

Florida - Ekblad (75% of the vote)

Buffalo - Reinhart (62 of the vote)

Edmonton - Bennett (65 of the vote)

Calgary - Draisaitl (46% of the vote; 43% went to Dal Colle and 5% to Ritchie)

New York Islanders - Dal Colle (85% of the vote)

The Vancouver board is currently voting. At the moment the votes are:

Nylander with 46% of the vote

Ritchie with 25% of the vote

Ehlers with 25% of the vote

Virtanen with 5% of the vote

Kapanen was not included in the vote

--> rounded numbers, FYI

--> http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1653661

By comparison, over here on CDC the votes are currently:

Virtanen with 27% of the vote

Ehlers with 24% of the vote

Nylander with 13% of the vote

Kapanen with 7% of the vote

It's interesting that over there they are obsessed with the skill game of Nylander and to a lesser extent Ehlers, but over here we're obsessed with the size and skill combo of Ritchie and Virtanen.

Such polar thoughts!!! I wonder why?

Over on the HFBoards one use has started a mock draft involving input of each team's members to select the pick. So far each team's board has selected:

Florida - Ekblad (75% of the vote)

Buffalo - Reinhart (62 of the vote)

Edmonton - Bennett (65 of the vote)

Calgary - Draisaitl (46% of the vote; 43% went to Dal Colle and 5% to Ritchie)

New York Islanders - Dal Colle (85% of the vote)

The Vancouver board is currently voting. At the moment the votes are:

Nylander with 46% of the vote

Ehlers with 25% of the vote

Virtanen with 5% of the vote

Kapanen was not included in the vote

--> rounded numbers, FYI

--> http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1653661

By comparison, over here on CDC the votes are currently:

Virtanen with 27% of the vote

Ehlers with 24% of the vote

Nylander with 13% of the vote

Kapanen with 7% of the vote

It's interesting that over there they are obsessed with the skill game of Nylander and to a lesser extent Ehlers, but over here we're obsessed with the size and skill combo of Ritchie and Virtanen.

Such polar thoughts!!! I wonder why?

Because CDC is superior.

I look at those 4 names and frigging cringe....the likelihood of us picking a guy who pans out as poorly as those 4 is very slim but uggghhh

Kucherov is a solid prospect. He's been good this year and he's only 20 years old.

Archived