The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

@swift4grizz

for a potential first line center that doesn't come around everday. We can easily find skilled top 9 forwards. we can't easily find a 1st line center. I am a huge fan of Jensen but if he had to go the other way to get reinhart I say go for it. They want Shinkaruk so I say with no doubt in my mind we should go for it.

@swift4grizz

for a potential first line center that doesn't come around everday. We can easily find skilled top 9 forwards. we can't easily find a 1st line center. I am a huge fan of Jensen but if he had to go the other way to get reinhart I say go for it. They want Shinkaruk so I say with no doubt in my mind we should go for it.

Tallon was just on TSN and said in order for him to move the pick he was a good young player that can step in and make and impact right now. He'd also like a pick coming back as well. 70% chance he doesn't move it

Shinkaruk doesn't fit that want at all, all just rumours to create buzz.

Tallon was just on TSN and said in order for him to move the pick he was a good young player that can step in and make and impact right now. He'd also like a pick coming back as well. 70% chance he doesn't move it

Jensen/Tanev, a roster player and the 6th?

@Forsberg lol taev is the young player ready to step in, shinkaruk is a prospect in the deal and the 6th is the pick. I've heard more insiders say that they believe van and fla make a deal rather than florida keeping the pick so how is it 70% chance that it doesn't move?

Tallon said it himself. Thats how. TSN buttons mock draft in on right now and Tallon was interviewed. His words, his pick, i'll take his word over insiders any day

He also said for him to move the pick the offer would have to blow his socks off.

@Forsberg lol taev is the young player ready to step in, shinkaruk is a prospect in the deal and the 6th is the pick. I've heard more insiders say that they believe van and fla make a deal rather than florida keeping the pick so how is it 70% chance that it doesn't move?

He didn't say prospect he said player and pick ie: Tanev plus our 6th.

@swift4grizz

"Potential" first line center. The same thing can be had at #6, without surrendering Shinkaruk. Put up a projected first-line can't-miss franchise center then start talking about pawning off other prospects that are still developing -- especially one of the teams few top ones. Even then, that is NOT the direction the team is headed -- they need young talent and more of it, not throwing the few eggs into a single basket that there isn't even a consensus about.

Exactly the same as the "rumour" about Horvat -- just nonsensical crap pulled out of thin air, yet the kids on CDC jump all over it like candy. Simply listening to what direction Benning and Linden want to take the team and what Florida needs makes it more than clear.

Exactly the same as the "rumour" about Horvat -- just nonsensical crap pulled out of thin air, yet the kids on CDC jump all over it like candy. Simply listening to what direction Benning and Linden want to take the team and what Florida needs makes it more than clear.

Im 16 and i do not support trading horvat

Shinkaruk, 6th overall and Tanev is nuts to move up 5 spots. If Linden and Benning do this they better be damn sure Reinhart is a future 1st line center. Id rather take my chances with Nylander at 6th. Then take Virtanen or Ritchie with the 10th if we aquire it.

Completely agree. I wonder what the cost to move up to 2nd or 3rd overall would be, since we might very well get Reinhart there. If it's something like 6th and 36th overall, that might be worth it, especially if we end up with some later 1st round picks from the Kesler deal.

Ekblad has been the consensus #1 overall for months. So the Canucks selecting Reinhart with that expensively-acquired pick (he's a 4th overall pick) would look pretty damn bad.

But I guess if the plan is to help Luongo and the Panthers win a cup sooner rather than later, it's all good.

Ekblad has been the consensus #1 overall for months. So the Canucks selecting Reinhart with that expensively-acquired pick (he's a 4th overall pick) would look pretty damn bad.

But I guess if the plan is to help Luongo and the Panthers win a cup sooner rather than later, it's all good.

#1 is likely cheaper for Vancouver to acquire than 2, 3 or 4. Buffalo was reported to want 2 top prospects for #2. Edmonton likely wouldn't trade away their chance at Draisaitl, and Calgary has been reported to seeking another top 10 pick to supplement their own at #4.

Florida is the only (and cheapest) option for moving into the top four. So if Jim and Trev really want Reinhart, they're going to have to pick him as soon as they can.

Id take Ekblad if I was picking at number 1. Reinhart was my favorite but I thought about it more and I feel we need that number 1 dman that we have never had. Every championship team has one it seems like. Ekblad dominated the world juniors as an underager.. Reinhart was just average.

IMO, the Canucks do not "need" Reinhart to the point of sacrificing their other prospects. Of more importance is acquiring either established young players or highly-touted prospects from moving Kesler, especially the #10 pick from Anaheim. The likelihood of a Draisaitl or Dal Colle dropping out of the top-5 is not at all unfeasible.

Take a step back and picture Kassian, Shinkaruk, Dal Colle, and Virtanen on the wings, and tell me that is not preferable to going "all in" just to get the top pick. I believe it is the type of game Benning and Linden envision this team playing -- fast, aggressive, relentless forechecking, hitting, and scoring.

Archived