The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6th Pick: 2014 NHL Entry Draft

davinci

6th Pick   

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't want Ritchie, we don't need him. We already have that in Kassian.

Only skilled offensive guys in the system are Jensen and Shinkaruk, both of which are late 1sts.

Move up or draft one of the skilled offensive guys, High risk high reward.

Boston had both Horton and Lucic in their top6 when they won the cup.

I'm just curious; what makes you think that Kesler waives NTC to go to the worst team in the NHL?

I mentioned Buff or Fla, but yeah it might not seem realistic. He most likely would be the leader (captian of the team), plus he'd be closer to his home town. Not sure if that matters. Maybe a deal revolving around Edler might be a better option.

Boston had both Horton and Lucic in their top6 when they won the cup.

Yeah... there is no such thing as a redundant prospect at this stage of the game.

Get the best young players you can, develop them correctly, and let them earn their way into the lineup when they are ready. Staggered progression and NHL entry will determine our needs in the years down the line.

It's a process. :lol:

Thanks, man. I appreciate that. Ditto.

I think it is an overpayment for us but an offer that Florida would have to seriously consider. Very strong value wise for them, even though it may not be their direction. Schroeder is likely redundant for them, as they have Bjugstad, Trochek, Barkov, Huberdeau, et al. at centre already, and for the same reasons one has to question whether Kesler would be their main interest. Tallon thinks a little outside of the box so who knows? My guess would he that an top 4 D might be the bigger focus. I think a 3 way deal is also not out of the question.

If we were able to swing a deal for Florida's pick without giving up our own or Kesler then we could still move him in a deal that includes a 2015 1st in part of a package. That would mean 2x 1sts in three straight drafts, in addition to the later picks, and that has to bode well for the coming Benning years.

Regardless of the possible combinations of moves, because I believe moving Kesler signals that there will need to be several, we do have the potential to add considerable cornerstone pieces. With a good coaching staff, a little more luck with injuries, and a fresh perspective it maybe even possible to improve our record and build for the future.

Thanks man. Yeah I think moving Edler ++ for that pick, and getting some other parts/pieces for Kesler would be the better option.

Yeah... there is no such thing as a redundant prospect at this stage of the game.

Get the best young players you can, develop them correctly, and let them earn their way into the lineup when they are ready. Staggered progression and NHL entry will determine our needs in the years down the line.

It's a process. :lol:

Exactly. I completely agree!

I mentioned Buff or Fla, but yeah it might not seem realistic. He most likely would be the leader (captian of the team), plus he'd be closer to his home town. Not sure if that matters. Maybe a deal revolving around Edler might be a better option.

Again, a 3 way deal might not be the strangest scenario this year.

We should get considerable assets for Kesler even if they might not be our major focus. Take a player like Sutter for example, MG might have been in love with him but JB might see him as a chip to another team. If Pittsburgh offered us Pouliot, Sutter, 1st then maybe only Pouliot is a piece we keep. Turn around and move Sutter, Hansen and Pitts 1st for Florida's pick leaving us the 1st and 6th overall.

Essentially, Kesler, Hansen for Pouliot, 1st overall. Unlikely but not impossible.

I'd be pretty excited about Reinhart. You know he's going to develop with such good bloodlines. His family lives and breathes hockey and he'd have the benefit of Griffin, Sam, and his Dad to pass down their experiences.

Trade up and get Reinhart, sounds good.

Stand pat and draft Nylander, sounds good.

Trade down and draft Fleury, sounds good.

What I was thinking is that we can trade Kesler, 66th, pick to ANA for Etem, 10th, 24th.

Then send Etem, 6th, 36th to Buffalo for 2nd overall.

Do you think that's fair value for the 2nd pick? Buffalo asked for 2 top prospects for the pick so i guess it depends how high they are on Etem and the 6th pick could get them a nice prospect (Nylander, Ehlers, Ritchie)

So in all:

To Van

2nd pick (Sam Reinhart)

10th pick (Kapanen/Fleury)

24th pick (Kamanev)

To Buf

Etem

6th pick

36th pick

To ANA

Kesler

66th pick

What I was thinking is that we can trade Kesler, 66th, pick to ANA for Etem, 10th, 24th.

Then send Etem, 6th, 36th to Buffalo for 2nd overall.

Do you think that's fair value for the 2nd pick? Buffalo asked for 2 top prospects for the pick so i guess it depends how high they are on Etem and the 6th pick could get them a nice prospect (Nylander, Ehlers, Ritchie)

So in all:

To Van

2nd pick (Sam Reinhart)

10th pick (Kapanen/Fleury)

24th pick (Kamanev)

To Buf

Etem

6th pick

36th pick

To ANA

Kesler

66th pick

Id do that except move the 10th instead of the 6th

Best case scenario benning pulls off an edler vet package for the Reinhart first from florida.

Then convinces Kesler to go to nyi for griffin+

Come out of the draft with a pair of Reinhart's and draft Ritchie 6th Sanheim 36th haha

Shinkaruk Reinhart Kassian

Ritchie Horvat Jensen

Gaunce Cassels Fox

Reinhart Tanev

Sanheim Corrado

Hutton Subban

Whatchu know bout cupboards?

Am I the only one who would rather take Ekblad than Reinhart if we were to move up?

I think the reason people are discussing Reinhart in particular is because Benning said he likes him a lot or whatever. I'd rather have Ekblad also, given the state of our defensive prospects.

I think the reason people are discussing Reinhart in particular is because Benning said he likes him a lot or whatever. I'd rather have Ekblad also, given the state of our defensive prospects.

If we traded to 1st I would probably want Ekblad, i think he will go 1 either way.

If we traded for 1 but wanted Reinhart that much, hope we swap picks with buffalo and drop to 2nd and pick up another piece from them or a couple extra draft picks.

Weirdly, I can see Reinhart dropping a bit.

Am I the only one who would rather take Ekblad than Reinhart if we were to move up?

I think it'd be worth considering but the move up would be to target a certain player that the organization would want.

I think there are good arguments to be made for both.

I think it'd be worth considering but the move up would be to target a certain player that the organization would want.

I think there are good arguments to be made for both.

If we can get floridas pick without moving kesler and then move him to Anaheim, we'd have the 1st,6th,10th,24th,36th, flip to buff for thier 2nd OR ELSE, then we have 2nd,6th,10th,24th,31st,36th, <3 sorry if this is to EA sports for you guys lol

If we can get floridas pick without moving kesler and then move him to Anaheim, we'd have the 1st,6th,10th,24th,36th, flip to buff for thier 2nd OR ELSE, then we have 2nd,6th,10th,24th,31st,36th, <3 sorry if this is to EA sports for you guys lol

Well, I was really upset with you for being unrealistic, but then you posted that little heart.

Is it just me or does Dal Colle look like a total villain?

Iz just you

If we traded to 1st I would probably want Ekblad, i think he will go 1 either way.

If we traded for 1 but wanted Reinhart that much, hope we swap picks with buffalo and drop to 2nd and pick up another piece from them or a couple extra draft picks.

Weirdly, I can see Reinhart dropping a bit.

Reinhart is the best overall forward in the draft in my opinion if he does drop I will be very surprised.

192 pages and counting,, holllyyyyyyyyy, if the nux mess this pick up or he ends up being a bust, tis will be even bigger than PERRRRONZ KOPITARZ and all the hindsight draft misses combined, it will be BAD lol CDC will erupt!

Archived