The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Team1040 Doug Maclean

davinci

So first you all want to trade Tanev and now you are all wanting to trade Kesler... um okay lets just trade away the two players who actually seem to show up game in and game out.

I still think that the best thing for this team is trade Edler he's been playing good in the olympics (from the few games I have seen) and I think that his trade value would go up.

Something has to give with this team- they need to shake up the core and the best way to do that is to trade one of them.

I don't see them trading the twins and Kes should be untouchable. So that doesn't really leave anyone else but a D for us to trade.

I wonder if Hammer could be a possiblitity? He's a player I would assume would not be even considered tradeable. Tanev and Hamhuis are pretty much our best D pair, and Hammer's value has to have gone up due to the olympics. I hope he isn't traded but he would be someone I was shocked if they moved.

Kesler is the one to go because the guy's value is through the roof right now.

Leading team USA, highest scorer on our team, one of the best american players who never plays in the East like Philly or Pittsburg or Det

He's going to Philly for Couturier and Voracek.

Philly is not going to trade two of their key players to get older. Couturier is not far from Kesler's level now, and has his whole career ahead of him.

The only way a team will overpay to add Kesler at the deadline is if they don't need to subtract key existing contributors in the process. (What's the point then?) It will be a trade for younger, less-established players/prospects, who either haven't made the NHL yet, or are only getting limited minutes.

Couturier has 4 goals this year champ.

Philly slump or not no way does Couturier make the impact Kesler does.

Voracek? I think he's a B rate 2nd liner at best

O yes I did indeed. Kesler has star factor and would fit perfectly in Toronto. Bolland is more of what the Canucks need; a 3C. He knows the West and is a Leaf, which is better than being a Hawk, Stanton forgiven.

Bolland, is likely to re-sign with the Canucks. That's what Gillis is good at; signing players.

Kadri brings in firepower that is greatly needed up front. With Kesler in the Toronto fold, Kadri would drop down in the depth chart and could greatly benefit as a 2C in Vancouver.

H. SEDIN

KADRI

BOLLAND

RICHARDSON

HORVAT

With the way Booth has been hitting; BOOTH - KADRI - KASSIAN

da hell did i just read.. Bolland>Kesler yet Bolland is a 3c and Kesler is a 2c?? how the hell does that work

i'd move kesler to nashville, along with their choice of bieksa/garrison and a 2nd for weber and colin wilson.

then send edler, hansen and schroeder to detroit for something like helm, nyquist, brendan smith.

then move whichever of garrison/bieksa is left for the best offer and trade luongo straight up for brian campbell, florida retains half of the difference in salary (~$850k).

burrows also traded to highest bidder.

booth gets bought out or traded for scraps if possible.

sign top 6 lw and a 1b goalie in the off season.

sedin-sedin-kassian/nyquist

ufa-wilson-nyquist/kassian

horvat-helm-higgins

sestito-richardson-archibald

campbell-weber

hamhuis-tanev

stanton/smith-corrado

smith/stanton

lack

ufa

/nhl14

That's hawt

D at the deadline fetch a tasty return. So...

Edler to TBay. Get something like Purcell, Connolly, + pick.

Bieksa, Kesler, & Diaz/Weber & to Philly. They'd LOVE these two favs. RETURN: 2 Schenns, Simmonds, 2015 1st.

Garrison to Col, Pitt or Mtl. Get another 2014 1st & a prospect.

Finish the yr with youth back on D. They might actually surprise(in a good way)...

Hamhuis-Tanev

Stanton-Schenn

Sauve-Corrado ...xtra-Weber or Diaz, perhaps Alberts?

oh dear god that's a horrible defense. Somebody please take away his posting privileges.

Kesler is the one to go because the guy's value is through the roof right now.

Leading team USA, highest scorer on our team, one of the best american players who never plays in the East like Philly or Pittsburg or Det

He's going to Philly for Couturier and Voracek.

Couturier has 4 goals this year champ.

Philly slump or not no way does Couturier make the impact Kesler does.

Voracek? I think he's a B rate 2nd liner at best

Nice work there Homer.

So did anyone listen to Team 1040 this morning? There was speculation that the Canucks had completed a deal and would be announced Monday, following the Olympics. Apparently it's already confirmed, source is Pratt. Any guesses?

Can you elaborate? I've stopped listening to 1040 since they put Pratt on the air again with "Bro" (lol).

Can you elaborate? I've stopped listening to 1040 since they put Pratt on the air again with "Bro" (lol).

It's exactly as I said, no players mentioned or anything in real detail. It's just to say that Pratt claims he has a source that believes the Canucks have a deal in place and are waiting for the Olympics to end to complete the transaction. The word huge was mentioned, though I'm still taking it all in stride.

Archived