The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Team1040 Doug Maclean

davinci

What were the Pratt rumours? Heard a few times today that he has heard from an "unnamed source"

I think he said he heard from a "source" that the Canucks made a 'huge' trade and will announce it after the trade freeze. But I highly reccomend taking it with a grain of salt.

your right .. it is easier said than done but I still think they won't have much a choice if he wants out now

Well Lu has an 'escape clause' coming up: http://www.faceoff.com/story.html?id=a49d5565-3e9e-4c39-ac85-6c328be5e1d1

If he wants out I'm not sure the Canucks have to get value back.

I too believe he will be traded this year or next and my money is on Florida now that they are a cap team.

your right .. it is easier said than done but I still think they won't have much a choice if he wants out now

Well Lu has an 'escape clause' coming up: http://www.faceoff.com/story.html?id=a49d5565-3e9e-4c39-ac85-6c328be5e1d1

I too believe he will be traded this year or next and my money is on Florida now that they are a cap team.

I can't see us trading any players that went to Sochi because of the NTC'. So unless they've been talking to players about we're they would waive to go prior to the olympics, it just doesn't make sense that those players would be moved. But hopefully they traded Edler to Detroit or Ottawa for some young guys.

I can't see us trading any players that went to Sochi because of the NTC'. So unless they've been talking to players about we're they would waive to go prior to the olympics, it just doesn't make sense that those players would be moved. But hopefully they traded Edler to Detroit or Ottawa for some young guys.

Well so much for the rumoured trade that was only awaiting the end of the Olympic freeze to happen. So much bs out there, and it's only going to pile up higher over the next 10 days.

Maybe the east was sleeping last night and now Gillis is still sleeping? Naturally its deadline time everybody is going to say almost everyteam is going to potentially make a trade

It's exactly as I said, no players mentioned or anything in real detail. It's just to say that Pratt claims he has a source that believes the Canucks have a deal in place and are waiting for the Olympics to end to complete the transaction. The word huge was mentioned, though I'm still taking it all in stride.

Pratt is full of crap?!?

Can we all agree that Pratt is full of BS now?

The man has no sources inside the Canucks.

Or it was about Kesler and his injury has affected the trade. Not saying that Pratt was right but who knows what's going on.

That may be the only scenario that could save this rumour, but I still think it's a pack of lies. The way Torts was talking about Kesler being checked out was too straightforward and business as usual to me. If there was really something up, he'd know about it and be more evasive, I think.

That may be the only scenario that could save this rumour, but I still think it's a pack of lies. The way Torts was talking about Kesler being checked out was too straightforward and business as usual to me. If there was really something up, he'd know about it and be more evasive, I think.

you didn't find it intriguing that tortorella mentioned kesler would be getting a full physical in the middle of the season when the injury is to his hand?

Archived