The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Virtanen or Ritchie?

PRIMO88

Where are you seeing this??? From scouting reports... and Petes fans, Ritchie has awesome sniping skills, and can literally run the power play. Like.. he's not a guy that you park in front of the net, of course you can make him do that, He is literally a play making winger, who can snipe goals from almost anywhere. Byron Ritchie is literally their most valuable player for the Petes. Kassian is a complementary support power winger. Their not alike. I personally believe Ritchie will end up being more productive then Kassian down the road. Their not even similar right now... The difference right now is Kassian is probably a more faster skater, and throws the body more, Ritchie is not as fast actually, but more capable offensively. Both are tough as nails, My head will be through the roof if we are in a position to draft Ritchie. Him and Kassian on the same line will be nasty.

Ritchie has better vision and overall is a better offensive player then Kassian. Kassian overall has the edge on physical play due to him being able to skate at a high speed for his big body.

same here. I'm not sold on him, unless we were drafting at the mid 20's. Right now he has the size and skating advantage, but not sold on him at all. A lot of his goals are off the rush, the goals he is scoring, he won't get much of that at the NHL level. I will actually much rather have Jared McCann over Virtananen ten out of 10 times, or Julias Honka before Virtanen.

BYRON Ritchie? You sure about that?

http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/

Their current mock updated today has us taking Virtanen 9th and Ritchie 10th

I do not think we would take Virtanen over Ritchie IMO

The big three PWFs are very interesting

Playing style comparables range (in my opinion)

Perlini: Top scale: Jeff Carter Mid Scale: Michael Ryder Bottom Scale: Taylor Pyatt

Virtanen: Top Scale: Corey Perry Mid Scale: Joffrey Lupul Bottom Scale: David Booth (Of this year)

Ritchie: Top Scale: A cross of Rick Nash/Lucic Mid Scale: 09-10 Dustin Penner Bottom Scale: Penner (Of this year)

Thats my opinion of their potential, and with their obvious ceilings being carving out their own names as elite players!

I personally like Ritchie/Perlini/Virtanen in that order of the three, but my opinions of them have been changing all year, and up until draft day I expect they will to continue to change!

A month ago I would've taken Virtanen easily, but now I can't decide at all. All 3 of Virtanen,Ritchie and Perlini have their own unique skill set. I don't think we can go wrong drafting any of them.

If we're picking 6th, and someone picks off the board in the top 5, I think we should pick the BPA because as good as those 3 PWF's are, the top 5 in this draft are in a league of their own

A month ago I would've taken Virtanen easily, but now I can't decide at all. All 3 of Virtanen,Ritchie and Perlini have their own unique skill set. I don't think we can go wrong drafting any of them.

If we're picking 6th, and someone picks off the board in the top 5, I think we should pick the BPA because as good as those 3 PWF's are, the top 5 in this draft are in a league of their own

Ekblad, Reinhart, Leon, Bennett, Dal Colle

I agree the top 5 are in a league of their own, If the stars align, we could pick 5th pre lotto selection guaranteeing one of these top tier prospects

This is why I desperately want to pick 6th, as there's the chance that someone takes a flyer on one of the guys ranked 6-12. If it's anyone, it will be Calgary or the Isles. Both teams would love to add some size and I could see Burkie loving a guy like Ritchie (for his truculence). IMO, Reinhart, Ekblad, and Bennett will NOT fall. They're just too good and all are safe picks. Draisaitl and Dal Colle have just as much potential but they are riskier picks and could fall one or two spots, at the most. If we're in sixth, we're primed to pick up that guy and both of those players have first-line upside.

Ritchie.

Didn't realize how good of a fighter he is too.

Basically a bit bigger and more offensively skilled Kassian.

Imagine having Ritchie and Kassian on the wings of the 2nd line.

Vancouver Bruins hurrr.

This is why I desperately want to pick 6th, as there's the chance that someone takes a flyer on one of the guys ranked 6-12. If it's anyone, it will be Calgary or the Isles. Both teams would love to add some size and I could see Burkie loving a guy like Ritchie (for his truculence). IMO, Reinhart, Ekblad, and Bennett will NOT fall. They're just too good and all are safe picks. Draisaitl and Dal Colle have just as much potential but they are riskier picks and could fall one or two spots, at the most. If we're in sixth, we're primed to pick up that guy and both of those players have first-line upside.

From what I heard Draisatl is high on MacT's list. If Ekblad is gone when Edmonton picks I suspect they pick Draisatl. Bold statement but I stand by it. Something tells me we all know who the top 5 are going to be.

Look at the history of Canucks picks.. Hodgson Jensen Gaunce Horvat Cassels Subban and im sure many more if you look into it

All these guys were drafted in the 1st round of the CHL import draft.. MG likes guys who were highly touted right from the start, which is smart.. I can see him going for Nick Ritchie first.. If he's gone and we get Perlini, Ritchie's teammate Eric Cornel could be our 2nd selection

Yup, good point. Don't forget Yann Sauve and Steven Anthony ;)

If it came down to those two, I'd take Ritchie over Virtanen, I think Virtanen is being highly over rated by some people on this board who will then turn to bash Virtanen when he doesn't put up 50+ points in his rookie season.

Neither. One is the next David Booth in terms of hockey sense and the other will top out as a 2nd/3rd line tweener.

Wow!! You're from the future? Please share lotto numbers!!

If not, I would really like to know how you know this. Or maybe let kids develop first.

Ritchie is big, but so is Gaunce. He's more redundant here. There are questions on speed and long-term fitness. Dustin Penner-esque.

Virtanen is among the fastest NA players in the draft, if not the fastest. His size is good. His shot is great. We need right-shooting forwards and a Hunter-Bo-Jake line is very balanced. Go with him.

Ritchie is big, but so is Gaunce. He's more redundant here. There are questions on speed and long-term fitness. Dustin Penner-esque.

Virtanen is among the fastest NA players in the draft, if not the fastest. His size is good. His shot is great. We need right-shooting forwards and a Hunter-Bo-Jake line is very balanced. Go with him.

Ritchie is considered a very fast skater for his size.

Archived