The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

John Tavares out for the remainder of the season

Goat James

Brutal, one of my favourite players in the league.

Isles are going to be gunning for Buffalo to earn that 1st overall pick now.

... and then they have to decide whether to give it to Buffalo, or risk handing them another ticket to the McDavid lottery.

I may be one of the few,but i agree with this.

Olympics outside of north America aren't doing it for me. terrible morning start times, Half the games being formalities, and the disruption of one of the most exciting times in the NHL season.

I'd say you are.

Saying half the games are formalities is a bit rude too. It's like saying all the events there should skip the first rounds and let the 'allegedly' best 3-4 competitors fight for the gold and be done with the whole Olympic event in two days. North american olympics events air during the drakes hours of the night for me and a pretty big number of other people. That's just life. (most Canucks games start between 3 a.m. and 5 a.m. for me)

I'd say you are.

Saying half the games are formalities is a bit rude too. It's like saying all the events there should skip the first rounds and let the 'allegedly' best 3-4 competitors fight for the gold and be done with the whole Olympic event in two days. North american olympics events air during the drakes hours of the night for me and a pretty big number of other people. That's just life. (most Canucks games start between 3 a.m. and 5 a.m. for me)

not really. most other sports have more competitive earlier rounds,and are actually important to their placement in later rounds.. Womens hockey for example (barring 1 miracle in 2006) can be argued that its all formalties except for Canada vs US games. That's the only womens game I can watch. just as a point of reference, the #2 vs. #4 teams Sweden vs. US semi-final was a blowout where the swedes were outshot ~75-9, were trailing 3-0 and had been outshot 26-0 before they even got a single shot on net.

Personally speaking I cant get too excited for these types of "matches". a Canada Norway game starting at 9-10 am, with a 99.99% certainty of a Canadian victory is a formality in my books. sports are about competitive play/ unscripted drama/ uncertainty. that's what makes them appealing.

I don't see how recognizing reality Is "rude"

The NHL need to STAY OUT of the OLMPICS! Shutting down a fantastic season just to play in a 2 week glorified All Star game hurts the NHL. What was wrong with the old format off collegiate and juniors making up the rosters. This is how they proved themselves to play in the NHL. What professional league do the woman come from? They seem to be doing just fine.

I feel bad for the Islanders. Such a loss, for what? He put his career in jeopardy. For what? Pride?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=444309

Snow is furious, this is gonna stir the pot

A comment from the bottom of that page:

'Thats why I am glad Nonis wouldn't allow Phaneuf to go. Which is why he quietly asked them not to pick him. Why risk what is shaping up to be a stanley cup season?'

Lol and I doubt he's trolling.

Not the same thing. Tavares didn't have a wonky knee before he left. Henrik was clearly labouring in games before the Olympics.

You're misunderstood. He meant if we lost Henrik the same way NYI lost JT that we would be just as mad as Snow. He isn't looking at it realistically he was just using it as an example.

A comment from the bottom of that page:

'Thats why I am glad Nonis wouldn't allow Phaneuf to go. Which is why he quietly asked them not to pick him. Why risk what is shaping up to be a stanley cup season?'

Lol and I doubt he's trolling.

ya just a leafs fan...guess he forgot about the other leafs at the Olympics lol

Archived