The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] "Teams eyeing down Kesler & Edler" - Ownership prevented Kesler trade

THAN POST YOUR SOURCE OR STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You cannot or will not and as such YOU'RE CONTRIBUTING TO THE PROBLEM

I don't HAVE to tell you not to post things like that

The forum rules tell you not to.

Edit** For the record, I am not calling you a liar. You're making yourself out to be a gossip though, a gossip with no credible source who posts things they cannot substantiate which in itself kinda makes you out to be a liar.

I will not out the source .. I did not know that the forum rules ... if I've broken rules i am sorry .. didn't want to do that ..i hope What i have posted in the past has given me credibility that a liar or gossip doesn't have ...

I will not out the source .. I did not know that the forum rules ... if I've broken rules i am sorry .. didn't want to do that ..i hope What i have posted in the past has given me credibility that a liar or gossip doesn't have ...

What have you posted in the past?

Yes by speculating and commenting and spreading rumours about the club/players you're in violation of forum rules

And seriously, I have a source to. it says at least 1 person on the canucks roster will be traded by Weds. $20 and a double double says my source is more credible than yours

you guys from what Ive heard we have bigger problems than mike gillis or who our coach is ... I was just told that the Aquilinis told mike they didn't want kesler traded because he sells more merch than anyone else !!!! SERIOUSLY !!! this is what were dealing with !!! gillis had to sit and explain to them that they will lose more than merch sales if they dont move this guy ... Im sorry folks but that is just gross .. Thats what our owner is thinking .... my god we are in trouble .. slum lords own our team ..

tinfoil_hat.jpg

you guys from what Ive heard we have bigger problems than mike gillis or who our coach is ... I was just told that the Aquilinis told mike they didn't want kesler traded because he sells more merch than anyone else !!!! SERIOUSLY !!! this is what were dealing with !!! gillis had to sit and explain to them that they will lose more than merch sales if they dont move this guy ... Im sorry folks but that is just gross .. Thats what our owner is thinking .... my god we are in trouble .. slum lords own our team ..

Francesco just told me you're full of crap. Oh wait, you mean we can't just claim people said things without sources? Okay then

Not on the list:

The Detroit Red Wings, Philadelphia Flyers, Toronto Maple Leafs and Columbus Blue Jackets are interested in both Kesler and Edler, while the New York Rangers and Pittsburgh Penguins are eyeing Kesler, and the Montreal Canadiens and Tampa Bay Lightning have discussed Edler.

They also have the least amount of available cap space to make a Kesler trade.

Right, the fourthperiod is gospel...

Yeah, you have been right about Kesler wanting out I guess. I remember how no one believed you.

Of course Kesler is going to shoot down the rumours.

What your saying sounds like the reverse of what happened with Nonis and the Richards debacle... I hope your wrong. If your so in the know what are the deals that are being talked about? Sounds sketchy at best.

have I been wrong about the things ive posted in the past ? no i haven't .. i dont make outlandish statements ,, I haven't tried to be a big shot .. You can't and won't tell me what to post sir .. I post what i know. .. take it or leave it .. my source is better than you could know ... and no sir .. i will not and cannot prove that by outing the source ... so call me a liar .. I'm fine with that .. just dont tell me what to do big daddy

I know you've always claimed to be in the know....but for all that I can't remember a verifiable thing you've ever said to substantiate your reputation to be above reproach.

My recollection is that you always say things that are unverifiable.

If you can provide proof of that history then I'll admit I was wrong and apologise. Until then Warhippy has the brunt of it.

I know you've always claimed to be in the know....but for all that I can't remember a verifiable thing you've ever said to substantiate your reputation to be above reproach.

My recollection is that you always say things that are unverifiable.

If you can provide proof of that history then I'll admit I was wrong and apologise. Until then Warhippy has the brunt of it.

IN all honesty if LuLu can provide a basis of proof for anything that they've claimed I will be happy to apologize and retract anything I have said that has been offensive.

but honestly, until then it is lower than eklund to post things of this nature

If we can somehow get a package of Schenn, Sutter, Pouliot, and a couple picks for Edler and Kesler I'd consider that a pretty big win.

Suddenly our center depth moving forward looks like:

Schenn

Horvat

Sutter

Gaunce

Our D depth looks like:

Tanev

Stanton

Pouliot

Corrado

Add to that potentially having 3 first round picks in the upcoming draft, and we would be in a much better position for the future.

LOL. Is anyone taking anything people in Philly say seriously? Caman. We've been over this, Carter situation, Luongo situation. More than enough evidence to KNOW not to believe the beat writers or what Holmgren says publicly. Cause he's probably doing the opposite.

Should Coots be off the table. Philly doesn't get Kesler. Simple as that. I'd imagine it goes like this for every team who has a list of 'untouchables'. "Then you don't get Kesler"...... Mckenzie said the same thing.

But what in blue cheese is going on with this team? Or is it an overabundance of prima donnas on the roster? First Kesler wants out, then Luongo doesn't get the Heritage Classic start and there's rumblings about him on the move. Feels like the twilight zone around here :(

LOL. Is anyone taking anything people in Philly say seriously? Caman. We've been over this, Carter situation, Luongo situation. More than enough evidence to KNOW not to believe the beat writers or what Holmgren says publicly. Cause he's probably doing the opposite.

Should Coots be off the table. Philly doesn't get Kesler. Simple as that. I'd imagine it goes like this for every team who has a list of 'untouchables'. "Then you don't get Kesler"...... Mckenzie said the same thing.

But what in blue cheese is going on with this team? Or is it an overabundance of prima donnas on the roster? First Kesler wants out, then Luongo doesn't get the Heritage Classic start and there's rumblings about him on the move. Feels like the twilight zone around here :(

Totally agree. You want a premier top 6 forward who will help you win games? Then pay up. Its like when cdc all wanted Weber and were offering Ballard, Raymond and a 1st.

I won't be surprised if more players want out. This organization is a complete mess right now, and the rebuilding must begin. Management should be responsible for most of the blame for the terrible product on the ice. Fans are disinterested and have largely tuned out this team.

MG is not the man to lead a rebuild. This organization will not improve as long as he stays on.

It doesn't even make sense dude.. the difference in jerseys sales of the people that will only buy a jersey if it's Kesler vs the people who would pick up a Different player instead because they intend on buying a jersey anyways can not be so astronomical that they would be willing to ignore a chance to contend again sooner.

No way do those jersey sales outweigh the playoff ticket sales that they will gain by retooling on the fly and not turning into the flames.

Jersey sales have no bearing on the managing of a hockey team and even if it did the centrepiece of the deal is going to sell even more in the long run than Kesler would. A million people have Kes already and aren't gonna buy 3 more. They may however buy a crapload of beau Bennett or Derek pouliot jerseys when they start lighting it up.

Even if you do have some sort of source I highly doubt he's close enough for either gillis or aquillini to confide this info in.

Aaaand even if by chance he is that close, use some common sense yourself and think about it.. It doesn't make any damn sense that guys smart enough to become billionaires would pull a stunt like this lol

This is where i'd do a conference call with Shero and Holmgren, tell Shero to keep quiet and Holmgren give you his best pitch. Ask him to hold and then ask Shero if he could meet or beat it.

And then ask Holmgren how he feels about having to try shutting down Malkin, Crosby, Kesler, Neal, Jokinnen etc....yikes

The Canucks' "goal" is to trade Ryan Kesler by the trade deadline, according to TVA Sports' Renaud Lavoie.

Lavoie notes that the price will not be cheap and if they don't get a return that's worth it, the Canucks are prepared to keep him for the remainder of the season. Kesler has 21 goals and 18 assists this season. He'd certainly be a difference-maker for whomever acquires him

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nhl/1637

Archived