The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RUMOUR] Kesler asks for trade?

I find Kesler to be a puck hog would rather shoot a low % shot then make a pass to the guy on the door step.His good year he had scoring he got lucky with a few nice dangles that made him look ok..If Gillis makes a good trade for him I'll say well done MG...He hasnt shown any offensive ability since his career year.

Are you kidding me???

He got lucky and looked good? How does getting lucky a few times equate to scoring 41 goals???

"He hasnt shown any offensive ability since his career year."

the thing is though that he HAS shown it. Has Gillis shown signs of being able to pull off a competent trade? If I'm putting trsut in anyone, my trust would go to the guy who has shown it in the past. Losing Kesler is devastating especially the man who will be in charge of pulling the trigger.

If this is true, and if its because Kes doesnt believe we can win, than Mike Gillis has to go. Plain and simple. His time is up. Too many crap moves.

Frankly, it's not his fault.

If this team was in the US, esp. in the south, we'd have multiple cups by now in the Bettman era.

I think every star player knows they have no chance to win if they're playing for a Canadian franchise. Sounds like tinfoil, sure, but time and time again we see shady trades and ridiculous talent-depletion up here. At what point do we take notice?

So it is being said back to summer, sees window closing warns out.

Fine but we better get a sweet return.

Sad to see him go but excited about prospect of his return. His value is high right now.

Pittsburg? Detroit? Both have good young players that they could package.

I like Kesler a lot, but if this is handled properly by Gillis (something I'm not sure I have a lot of faith in) it could be incredibly beneficial for us going forward. Kesler is a great two-way player, but he's struggled to stay healthy pretty consistently. I feel like he's the type of player who will burn out relatively early in his career due to intense wear-and-tear from the style he plays (even though he'll still try to play hockey).

If it's true, it's just up to management to handle it right, and it could help us a lot.

As far as I've seen, once guy has suggested Kes wants out and he's a nobody. Why does anyone care? Samjam99 got his bs mentioned on TSN. That doesn't mean anything.

How about this: Bob McKenzie, Duthie have done little more than entertain the idea for ratings. They haven't heard anything from their sources so...probably BS? I would suspect someone wants Kes for their own team and is spreading crap to devalue him.

this

Nashville has never had a 1C and we have never had a 1D

Kesler + Corrado

for

Seth Jones

Colin Wilson

then

Edler

Colin Wilson

2nd

for

B schenn

simmonds

Highly unlikely we'd get Jones, but if even remotely possible, we add whoever else we need to get him.

Hansen? A draft pick? Just do it!!

I like Kesler a lot, but if this is handled properly by Gillis (something I'm not sure I have a lot of faith in) it could be incredibly beneficial for us going forward. Kesler is a great two-way player, but he's struggled to stay healthy pretty consistently. I feel like he's the type of player who will burn out relatively early in his career due to intense wear-and-tear from the style he plays (even though he'll still try to play hockey).

If it's true, it's just up to management to handle it right, and it could help us a lot.

Exactly my thoughts mish.

Are you kidding me???

He got lucky and looked good? How does getting lucky a few times equate to scoring 41 goals???

"He hasnt shown any offensive ability since his career year."

the thing is though that he HAS shown it. Has Gillis shown signs of being able to pull off a competent trade? If I'm putting trsut in anyone, my trust would go to the guy who has shown it in the past. Losing Kesler is devastating especially the man who will be in charge of pulling the trigger.

Great players make others better when they play with them as in the Sedins. Kesler has never been that type of player never will be.He's one of the best checking forwards in the game but that's all he is overall.

Archived