The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] via the Score: Penguins made a trade offer for Kesler...

So I'm supposed to believe a report by some hack who doesn't even know how to spell his name and gives no sources? Yet he has the inside scoop? And he hasn't shared that on his official site that he reviews/writes for.

Seems legit.

Rob Rossi ‏@RobRossi_Trib Feb 27

#pens did pitch #Canucks on Kessler before Olympics. Hearing Sutter, Pouliot part of those talks. That was before Letang situation.

Glad he named names, but he forgot to state who told him....

I creeped through the Kesler thread on hf's trade board and a penguins fan said they don't think too highly of rob Rossi over in Pittsburgh.

Another tidbit.. Can't remember if it was him or another poster but someone also said despres' treatment is totally unwarranted. Claims he played very well in the games he had there and there must be some kind of personal issues with the coach. Also said something like never seen a young player treated so badly in pits, even "Naslund didn't get jerked around this bad".

Also they all pretty much say maata is 100% off the table as he's pretty much their best defenseman now.

If Pitt were serious about trading for Kes they would've pulled the trigger already

Why let other teams beat them to the punch.

MG should make it official and announce he wont be traded before the playoffs. If there is one thing this team does not need its another Luongo scenario

If Pitt were serious about trading for Kes they would've pulled the trigger already

Why let other teams beat them to the punch.

MG should make it official and announce he wont be traded before the playoffs. If there is one thing this team does not need its another Luongo scenario

Ray Shero - "ahhh screw it, let's get Kesler.. give mike the boss man gillis whatever he wants.. Hell, throw in a couple firsts if mike can do it by noon"

This was pretty much my thinking as well. If Shero won't part with Maata, then Bennett and Pouliot both need to be part of the deal. Sutter, as a Cap dump is fine as well and those who say he's redundant, think how he'd look in the Canucks lineup right now, with Santorelli injured. I like Richardson, but he's not Santo or Sutter, IMO.

That being said, if the Pens don't want to include Bennett, a first rounder would probably suffice.

Have to include Bennett! Bar no question!!!

Bennett is 22, if not for freak wrist injuries would already be a staple on the Pens. He is NHL game ready.

Pouliot, while a prize, is not ready yet; still playing junior. 2 years away? Maybe next year??

Another pick; 4 years away?

We want to rebuild, not rebuild in 2017. Otherwise why trade Kesler?

Can Bennett even be traded? He's injured right now isn't he?

Yes, as long as there is full disclosure. See Chris Higgins who we acquire while injured.

For Interests sake;

Talent Analysis

Bennett is an offensively creative winger who is most effective when the puck is on his stick. He has the ability to carry the puck up ice, run the powerplay from the half-boards, play the point, and possesses a hard and accurate repertoire of shots. He is also quite adept at creating open ice.

"[bennett] is a guy who you maybe look to get opportunities to see what he can do in offensive roles," Penguins head coach Dan Bylsma said of the winger. "Not necessarily a guy who's going to race up and down the ice with his speed, but just his hands, his ability to create space, (and) ability to get his shot off is fairly evident in seeing him. You envision that in him as a pro player."

Bennett also possesses maturity far beyond many players his age. He is good defensively and can be used in any situation and anywhere in the lineup. He oozes confidence, especially with the puck on his stick, and always seems to be involved in the play when he is on the ice.

Crap offer for one of our best. Malkin or GTFO Pens. Nothing after their top 2 centers worth looking at that wouldn't be better from 20 other teams. Who wants to contribute to a Pens dynasty?

Sorry; Kesler in his best day, never mind with 2 years on his contract, is not worth a former league MVP with, what, 8???

:picard:

If you find a link to that can you post it??

I'll try but I doubt I'll be successful. I don't know where to look.

A little off topic but he also said that the Hawks might be interested in Kesler as well (although Stan Bowman, the Hawks GM, said he isn't doing that deal), also said that he doubts the Canucks will trade Edler, and as for the Luongo situation he wonders if there is more going on behind the scenes... meaning he wonders if the Canucks are seeing what the market is for Lu right now.

I'll try but I doubt I'll be successful. I don't know where to look.

A little off topic but he also said that the Hawks might be interested in Kesler as well (although Stan Bowman, the Hawks GM, said he isn't doing that deal), also said that he doubts the Canucks will trade Edler, and as for the Luongo situation he wonders if there is more going on behind the scenes... meaning he wonders if the Canucks are seeing what the market is for Lu right now.

That is a real shame. Edler, Kesler and Luongo all going to different teams for different deals sheds a ton of cap and nets this team a fortune in picks and prospects. enough to set us up for contention for a decade if drafting and development are done properly

That is a real shame. Edler, Kesler and Luongo all going to different teams for different deals sheds a ton of cap and nets this team a fortune in picks and prospects. enough to set us up for contention for a decade if drafting and development are done properly

I think Kesler and Lu are both gone by the start of next season. I dont think Edler is getting traded though. Still has potential to be a stud number two d-man.

Friedman on CBC re: Kesler: good chance he's moving, PIT most aggressive suitor, some rumblings about CHI but Stan Bowman says no...

Another analyst trying to hype up deadline day.

I don't see Kesler being moved unless we get a ridiculous offer.

There's no pressure on the Canucks to make a deal now. This type of move can be done in the summer just as easily.

Archived