The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Heritage Classic] Ottawa @ Vancouver | 03/02/14 |

Drouin

Sutter and a late 1st round pick? likely 25th overall ... With our drafting do you think we'll ever pick a player that'll Pam out to ever be close to Kesler?

Unless we get malkin back from the pens I wouldn't trade beloved kes to the same team as Cindy.

I would only do matta Sutter and 2 1st rounders for kes. Kesler is proven. They're players haven't proven squat

Keep dreaming. Kesler isn't God you know. How much do you think 2 years of him is really worth? And if the drafting is a problem, fire the clowns and replace them with someone who can do the damn job. This isn't a soup kitchen.

Hey guys,

What's the weather like in Vancouver? I heard you guys are getting some snow? If so, that would be awesome for you guys!!

I really hope there will be another outdoor game in Alberta, even if it's -23 outside, watching the game in 2003 was awesome! Now THAT is a WINTER classic!

Keep dreaming. Kesler isn't God you know. How much do you think 2 years of him is really worth?

He was USAs second best player only second to Kessel in my opinion. That being said he brings a lot of other intangibles that Kessel doesn't such as being way more of a man. Blocking. Pking.

Kesler Hamhuis for malkin that's it.

I'm struggling to let go of the 2011 team & the good memories...much like I really hated Keenan & Co. for trading away Linden & breaking up the core with that whole Messier debaucle... & so soon after the '94 run too. The more things have changed....the more they stay the same. Sigh.

"Lack has played really well the last two games and deserves the start today." - Torts

It's official now.

can't disagree w him, although I prefer Lui.

torts is in survival mode. The team miss the playoff, it may cost him his job.

Schneider gave the net to Brodeur, and Schneid's was playin amazing up to that point, so your argument is VOID. It is about RESPECT

..and it cost NJ 2 points. Respect doesn't win games and the Nucks are hanging by a thread. and just for the record, Schneids didn't give the net to Brodeur, the coach or GM did.

I am surprised by this move as well and don't know if playing Lu would have reduced the chances or a W or not. I just don't happen to think that anyone has earned the right to start just because they've been here longer or because of what they've done in the past.

that would give us way too many d men and would necessitate yet another move would it not?

True,, but that may not be a bad thing if added with a more attractive player.

I also cant see us keeping both Weber and Diaz along with Alberts

I'm struggling to let go of the 2011 team & the good memories...much like I really hated Keenan & Co. for trading away Linden & breaking up the core with that whole Messier debaucle... & so soon after the '94 run too. The more things have changed....the more they stay the same. Sigh.

This is exactly why we got into trouble in the late 90s, we kept the 94 team together for too long, big changes should have been made in the 96 offseason after the loss to the Avalanche in the playoffs. Hell the writing was on the wall when we were swept by the Blackhawks in the second round in 95.

He was USAs second best player only second to Kessel in my opinion. That being said he brings a lot of other intangibles that Kessel doesn't such as being way more of a man. Blocking. Pking.

Kesler Hamhuis for malkin that's it.

Yeah, I get all that, but that's the here and now. All a team is getting out of him is 2 years worth of play. I'm a Kesler fan, but you've got to look at the future, because the Canucks are not a winning team anymore. A guy like Kesler, at age 29, doesn't have much value to a team that isn't winning.

So ... why does the GDT suck so bad? Who let this monkey in here?

Zero effort for a unique game and completely lacklustre insight.

This poster is absolutely useless.

The only thing I will agree with is that the hockey is horrible at these games. It's a spectacle for those that choose to go. I would recommend it. Very Fun !!! But like I said the hockey itself sucks.

Schneider gave the net to Brodeur, and Schneid's was playin amazing up to that point, so your argument is VOID. It is about RESPECT

You obviously know absolutely nothing about hockey. Starts have nothing, absolutley nothing to do with respect. Kids these days. :picard:

Cant say as I would miss him

same here, though I am not that down on him just yet. Too many injuries this yr, plus slumps throughout the lineup didn't give him much to work w. The only bone headed move was getting suspended when the team needs him the most.

Way too much drama in this thread.

It's just a sport and a hobby. Relax and enjoy it. If you can't enjoy it, do something else. Nothing wrong with critical thinking but if you are always miserable there are plenty of far more important things to stress about instead of grown men being paid to chase vulcanized rubber around with sticks for millions of dollars.

Archived