The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] MacDonald to the Flyers

The Edler deal can still happen guys, with that Meszaros to Boston rumour. Have faith!

This deal gives Philadelphia 8 defensemen with Meszaros and Gustufsson being healthy scratches now. If anything Meszaros will just get dumped but then adding Edler would push them defense heavy again unless they move another defenseman in the trade

Yeah Friedman had previously reported that we are a lot more interested in selling Kesler then Edler. It's not a big deal to me.

But since NYR also appears out of the Kesler sweepstake it does seem like we are not gonna get an established young top 6 forward in return for Kesler, alone.

Having said this since we are rebuilding selling Edler for a good return still entices me.

UFA

Soild deal for both teams.

I find it interesting that the Flyers just got the cheapest contract top 4 D available. Maybe they are saving space for something bigger?

With Mac in the implied next move is Meszaros gets traded for a 2nd round pick (probably making up for what they just gave up) and freeing his 4 mill contract. This would give them a nice cushion of cap space though the next move if they make one is uncertain. It was floating around the Flyers boards that Homer was giving serious inquire about Evander Kane but nothing to solid to make me believe they are aggressively trying to make that happen.

Gotta feeling end of season, Holmgrem being himself will hand out another ridiculous contract to Macdonald. Already has dishes out cash to his defense like it grows in trees. Guessing it'll be 5 years @ $5.5 mill per shooting himself in the foot again.

Archived