The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks Trade Luongo to the Panthers

Officially a re-tool, possibly a rebuild. I am happy for Luongo but sad at the same time, he has been a favorite of mine for a long time. If it's true we get both Markstrom and Mathias, then Gillis hit a home run, if it is just Markstrom and a 2nd, then it's a contract dump.

I will never forget Lu's game 7 against the stars. NEVER.

I don't have to watch the vid to see the Modano and Barnes saves in my head... EPIC. It was also around the time of my life where I was having the most fun. I, too, will not forget that series for a long while.

WOW!!

As a fan of this team, I'm so sad to see Luo go, especially like this. Now not starting him in the Heritage Classic is so, so much worse. It would have been a perfect, if unknown, send off. And we could have avoided putting our apparently new starter through an obviously rough situation for him as well. Nothing about this makes the organization look good.

But, as a fan of Luongo as a player, I'm happy to see him go to a market that will hopefully appreciate him more than this one did, or at the very least get the hell out of this bipolar market. Best wishes, Luo!

On The Team they're stating that snub set this off... that he didn't play.

"Direct result of not being played in the HC"

Which would be... INSANE.

Luongo's been wanting to go to Florida for years. But if we need to be sold that the HC non-start is the sole reason for the trade, so be it.

Meanwhile, we wanted a reset. Here we go.

Kesler, Bieksa and the majority rest of the non-Sedin core: Adios.

Gillis is delivering on his 'reset' in spades. lol

Now all we have to do is build this thing up the right way for once. 2015 draft! Here we come! (I hope!)

Mattias and markstrom are not good enough returns. Markstrom will be good one day but Mattias has 9 goals and is 26 years old, still relatively young but I'm not sure if he's going to have a break out season soon. If there was a first rounder thrown in there, this would have been a good deal for us. i think Gillis really messed this trade up. Thank you to Luongo for being the best goalie this franchise has ever had.

"Direct result of not being played in the HC"

Which was a direct result of his "Doesn't matter what he wants" comment about Kesler earlier. That was childish and unprofessional.

I'm just glad the drama queen is gone and we can move on with some promising youth.

The question is would you rather to have a Matthias or a second round pick as part of the deal?

I say Matthias > 2nd round pick.

BUT A second round pick (almost like a late 1st round) is pretty tempting if we are going to rebuild.

Mike Gillis pulled off a move like this? Mike Gillis? MIKE GILLIS??!

I know. I thought everyone here said he couldn't make a trade?!

Not to discredit Lack or Markstrom, but with two young goalies this organization is in for some dark times. I hope this city is ready for a rebuild.

Yeah because young goalies these days aren't going deep in the playoffs or winning cups practically every year...

Archived