The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Kesler is still a Canuck

Derp...

Kesler will want out asap because he has only so many prime years left.

He'll end up on an entitled team or one of Bettman's favoured project teams. This is par for the course for Canadian teams that subsidize US league growth and success.

It don't matter what he wants. An insider leaked last night that;

1) Gillis was going to trade Kesler yesterday but Aquilini clearly let GMMG know that doing so would cost him his job immediately. FA believes Kesler will be vital to this teams rebuild and as such will not allow him to go until his contract is up.

2) The Lou trade. FA finally gave GMMG permission to move Loungo for whatever he could get to avoid a full buyout. Gillis approached Tallon & Tallon said that the exact same deal was on the table as last year, so the trigger was pulled. Had this move been done a year sooner we may still have had CS.(which apparently Gillis is pissed about)

I used to hate GMMG & his incompetence but if "the water boy" is truly in the know makes me think gillis' hands are tied regularly and Aquilinis are micro manageing this thing

1) Gillis was going to trade Kesler yesterday but Aquilini clearly let GMMG know that doing so would cost him his job immediately. FA believes Kesler will be vital to this teams rebuild and as such will not allow him to go until his contract is up.

2) The Lou trade. FA finally gave GMMG permission to move Loungo for whatever he could get to avoid a full buyout. Gillis approached Tallon & Tallon said that the exact same deal was on the table as last year, so the trigger was pulled. Had this move been done a year sooner we may still have had CS.(which apparently Gillis is pissed about)

I used to hate GMMG & his incompetence but if "the water boy" is truly in the know makes me think gillis' hands are tied regularly and Aquilinis are micro manageing this thing

If won't matter what the insider believes or even what ownership wants. He will move as soon as the draft.

1) Kesler's departure is league-sanctioned, so Aquilini can kick and scream about it all he wants, but unless he takes down the whole league, it's still happening. And the return will be closer to garbage than good too. Btw. The logic of Kesler being vital to a teams' rebuild at age 30 is just stupid. Of course Aquilini doesn't believe that.

2) The Luongo trade was waiting 10 years for new, decent ownership to finally arrive in Florida. We were essentially renting Luongo until then. Him being signed to a retirement deal got us a trip to the finals, but at the end of the day the Canucks are subsidizing Florida's success and have been doing so for years. Trading Schneider to the Devils was a seperate matter, as they have new ownership as well and their success also needs to be subsidized.

Meanwhile, the Canucks were imploding, with or without their star goaltenders, because their 'window is closed.' ie. Their league favours ended in 2011. Now they will have to start again. Just like all Bettman-era Canadian finals losers before them. Now is the time to get good picks and use them on good players so they can eventually win, but that's tough when the draft is also rigged to promote US franchise growth.

As much as I wanted Kesler traded because it's clear this team is not winning even though Kesler has probably been their best player it's probably a good thing he wasn't traded considering the offers.

With the cap going up about 7 million and only a limited number of impact free agents some of whom may sign prior to july 1'st, there will probably be better offers for Kesler at the draft. I hope Kesler gives the Canucks a few choices.

If he isn't traded by the draft then that is absolutely ridiculous and i'd say fire MG but I've already been of that opinion for 2 years.

We should have traded for Ehrhoff, Torres, Malholtra, Raymond, Salo and Lapierre.

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler Higgins

Torres Malholtra Hansen

Kassian Richardson Lapierre

Sesito

Edler Ehrhoff

Bieksa Hamhuis

Garrison Salo

Tanev

Lu

Lack

Guaranteed Stanley Cup Finals Appearance

Raymond doesn't even get to play? Lol

We should have traded for Ehrhoff, Torres, Malholtra, Raymond, Salo and Lapierre.

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler Higgins

Torres Malholtra Hansen

Kassian Richardson Lapierre

Sesito

Edler Ehrhoff

Bieksa Hamhuis

Garrison Salo

Tanev

Lu

Lack

Guaranteed Stanley Cup Finals Appearance

Haha, good one.

If won't matter what the insider believes or even what ownership wants. He will move as soon as the draft.

1) Kesler's departure is league-sanctioned, so Aquilini can kick and scream about it all he wants, but unless he takes down the whole league, it's still happening. And the return will be closer to garbage than good too. Btw. The logic of Kesler being vital to a teams' rebuild at age 30 is just stupid. Of course Aquilini doesn't believe that.

2) The Luongo trade was waiting 10 years for new, decent ownership to finally arrive in Florida. We were essentially renting Luongo until then. Him being signed to a retirement deal got us a trip to the finals, but at the end of the day the Canucks are subsidizing Florida's success and have been doing so for years. Trading Schneider to the Devils was a seperate matter, as they have new ownership as well and their success also needs to be subsidized.

Meanwhile, the Canucks were imploding, with or without their star goaltenders, because their 'window is closed.' ie. Their league favours ended in 2011. Now they will have to start again. Just like all Bettman-era Canadian finals losers before them. Now is the time to get good picks and use them on good players so they can eventually win, but that's tough when the draft is also rigged to promote US franchise growth.

Lmao!!!!! Kesler ain't going no where until maybe trade deadline in the final year of his contact. And secondly it doesn't matter if its league sanctioned....if Aquilini wants he can fire gillis at anytime. So if gillis wants to make millions easily, he will do as told.

An insider also leaked that the last offer was Sutter, a 1st this year and a 2nd next year. That's a 3rd line center we'd already acquired in Matthias, a 25+ overall pick in a not so deep draft, and a 55+ overall pick in a better draft. That's not a deal that Gillis would accept or he likely would have already taken the previous rumoured deal of Sutter, 1st, 3rd and one of Despres or Dumoulin.

I listened to a bunch of the comments from Tallon and saw nothing about that same deal being on the table last year, but rather that his ownership couldn't ok a deal because he didn't have the go ahead to spend. With the Florida ownership change this year, he's since been given that leeway and could actually make the deal now.

If you believe every insider report then you'd have conflicting information. Surely no one in the media would embellish or report something that isn't true because there is an alternate agenda, right?

Lmao!!!!! Kesler ain't going no where until maybe trade deadline in the final year of his contact. And secondly it doesn't matter if its league sanctioned....if Aquilini wants he can fire gillis at anytime. So if gillis wants to make millions easily, he will do as told.
The trade will happen regardless of who our GM is, and again, what makes you so sure he's sticking around until the end of his contract? If that were the case, there would be no 'he wants out' talk at all until then.

The Kesler trade is going to be different from the Luongo trade in that there is no definite destination, nor do they have to wait until that teams' ownership comes up with cash. He just wants to go to one of the entitled teams. And can you blame him? Kesler's not an idiot. He wants to win and it doesn't take a genius to figure out which teams are the league's favoured teams. The Canucks can deal Kesler whenever they want, they'll lose that deal, and they'll continue to be a ghost Canadian franchise for years while the entitled team goes on to winning cups. It's gonna happen. Might as well get used to it.

Anyway, i predicted the story of Kesler wanting out awhile ago. I guess that makes me an 'insider.' Or maybe I've just looked at what's happened before to teams in our situation time and time again.

Archived