The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Draft 2014 - First Round Pick

VegasCanuck

Of course of all the years to be bad, our loveable Canucks choose the one that is sandwiched between two deep drafts. Granted I'm going on what I hear, not what I know (which isn't a lot when it comes to draft eligible players), I just think it's such a Canucks thing to do.

It's ok. If there's any consulation we'll suck again next year and I'm fine with that as long as we have a shot at McJesus, Eichel, etc....

Calgary is 5 wins behind us, with 2 games in hand. We could fall to 5th pick. Or higher with lottery.

If canucks for lucky and got 1st overall. Would you trade down for a tip 5 pick still but also that teams 2015 1st round pick?

if thats the case....dangle Reinhart in Burke and Snows faces and ask how much is he worth seeing as they have a brother already....

Trade down to their pick and they throw in their 1st for 2015...is the starting price.

if thats the case....dangle Reinhart in Burke and Snows faces and ask how much is he worth seeing as they have a brother already....

Trade down to their pick and they throw in their 1st for 2015...is the starting price.

There's no way they trade the 2015 pick away.

Better option for us would be to target GR via trade after drafting Sam.

dal colle is best case scenario outside ekblad and reinhart, imo. pure skill

Agreed. And combine that with the chemistry he has with Cassels and it makes him that much more of an attractive pick.

Edler could fetch another high pick, he needs to be made to pick a handful of teams and move on. Doing it last year would have been way to logical and easy, no NTC, a STACKED top 10, and a handful of teams interested...but..yea..

Oh yes a defenceman that is -27 will get you a really high draft pick. Maybe top of seventh round?

Sam Reinhart is good, but not worth trading up for. Let's just pick the best player available when it's our turn... PLEEEEASE!

Not some more perimeter-playing lightweight, heartless garbage. We've suffered as fans long enough here I think. Even our so-called peak that we've just had here was filled with suffering.

No doubt

Agreed. And combine that with the chemistry he has with Cassels and it makes him that much more of an attractive pick.

Also combine that with he's a left winger. We've got Jensen Kassian as top prospects on the right and only shink on the left. Dal Colle would balance things out nicely. Make a Kesler deal for Schenn or Laughton and were stacking up like..

Dall Colle Horvat Kassian

Shinkaruk Schenn/Laughton Jensen

Also combine that with he's a left winger. We've got Jensen Kassian as top prospects on the right and only shink on the left. Dal Colle would balance things out nicely. Make a Kesler deal for Schenn or Laughton and were stacking up like..

Dall Colle Horvat Kassian

Shinkaruk Schenn/Laughton Jensen

See it's posts like this that make me happy and wonder why people are despairing. We have some very interesting future players to look forward to.

they said they wanted to get bigger, younger and stronger. I like Nick Ritchie and Jake Virtanen, even if Nick Ritchie is a power forward I remember hearing someone say powerfowards are a rare breed and hard to find. :)

I haven't watched either but hear both are big and can skate. Read that Virtanen has excellent size wheels and hands, but isn't a creative player. My worry is a David Booth 2.0....again I have never seen these guys play.

I do watch alot of OHL games and whether its bias or not, I do think the OHL tends to produce much better offensive players, WHL has for the most part over the last decade produced solid NHLers but few game changers..

Id go with Dal Colle if we can get him or Bennett if he drops to us

Edler could fetch another high pick, he needs to be made to pick a handful of teams and move on. Doing it last year would have been way to logical and easy, no NTC, a STACKED top 10, and a handful of teams interested...but..yea..

He already said he isn't waiving and that he wouldn't have signed the contract without the NTC .

He's played better since the olympics

New coach, a few new players, New GM, and a few young blood's inserted will change this team folks..relax the circus will be over soon with Gillis fired then Torts shortly after.

I really can't believe we are having this discussion about this team!

Hey maybe it's not a bad thing, if management does the rebuild right the team can be a playoff/cup contender team in one or two years time. Remember the Indianapolis Colts from the NFL after collapsing the whole season not too long ago, they traded away their core and were able to become a playoff team again.

Imagine this top 6 of the future [if we draft Eichel/Barzal and Ehlers]

Ehlers - Eichel/Barzal - Kassian

Shinkaruk - Horvat - Jensen

that's one sick top 6...especially that top line, that can go up against the Malkins and the Neals once fully developed...

Ehlers has probably the best wrister in this draft IMO.

Eichel is a beast to say the least. Who ever loses the McDavid race will win big time if they get the opportunity to draft this monster.

See it's posts like this that make me happy and wonder why people are despairing. We have some very interesting future players to look forward to.

Yeah if we were in the flames position I'd be a little worried but we were bound to take a step back at some point. At least we didn't trade any of those kids on false hopes.

We still got players on good contracts. Ntc's are not a huge deal considering we can still get value back for them in deadline deals next year.

Getting a top 5 pick this year and trading kesler for a future stud means we're going to climb the ladder again in the next couple years.

Glass is half full for us.

Archived