The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Jensen still on fire

TheRussianRocket.

this is totally useless to win games now. In fact Canucks fans are being teased, some of them who thinks we have a chance a the playoff spot. We don't. It's like taking a gun??? yea? you take a gun, not shoot yourself foot, but shoot yourself in the nuts. Yea, thats right, shooting ourselves in the nuts. I thought we had a chance a small chance to drop lower then Nashville, doesn't look that way anymore. Talk about bad luck

First everything went against, us with key players being injured, when one comes back, another one gets injured... now we have guys on fire, but at the wrong time, it's like.... we know we are not making the playoffs, but the team is still trying hard to get like a 12th pick or something, unbelievable, way ta go Canucks. Teasing the fans too.

Players don't care about draft picks. Finishing off the season on a high note isn't a bad thing. They can carry the momentum onto next season

Sucks so much that Horvat can't play in the AHL. Someone needs to get him a fake ID and some paperwork already. Don't think another year of JR is needed, also don't want to just throw him in an Orca jersey. 1 year on the Comets would be ideal, with Gaunce and Shinkaruk alongside him.

This is what I was thinking, give him 9?

this is totally useless to win games now. In fact Canucks fans are being teased, some of them who thinks we have a chance a the playoff spot. We don't. It's like taking a gun??? yea? you take a gun, not shoot yourself foot, but shoot yourself in the nuts. Yea, thats right, shooting ourselves in the nuts. I thought we had a chance a small chance to drop lower then Nashville, doesn't look that way anymore. Talk about bad luck

First everything went against, us with key players being injured, when one comes back, another one gets injured... now we have guys on fire, but at the wrong time, it's like.... we know we are not making the playoffs, but the team is still trying hard to get like a 12th pick or something, unbelievable, way ta go Canucks. Teasing the fans too.

That's exactly what we're looking at and it's damned frustrating. In this draft, the twelfth player is a completely different animal than the sixth-eighth. Drafting twelfth this year, you're not necessarily getting a sure fire NHLer, never mind a potential star.

I'd be shocked if Nylander or Ehlers is sitting there on the board at ten or twelve. In fact, I'm prepared to guarantee you that, barring a serious injury to either player, neither will be there at ten. I see a drop off in this draft after the top seven or eight.

There are 14 players in this draft that I would be super happy with and I am ready to guarantee that we will draft one of them. The top-12 of these 14 are top-12 on most lists I've seen.

Players don't care about draft picks. Finishing off the season on a high note isn't a bad thing. They can carry the momentum onto next season

I think your dreaming if you truly believe some teams can take momentum into next season. It really doesn't work that way. Of course your right... the Canucks have pride, but I hope you understand my frustration. I believe a higher pick is a much better choice then some "momentum" that probably might not even be there come next October probably a good handful of new players.

There are 14 players in this draft that I would be super happy with and I am ready to guarantee that we will draft one of them. The top-12 of these 14 are top-12 on most lists I've seen.

the 1st 5 is tier 1, the next tier is like the next 4 picks..... the rest is all over the place. Such draft usually represents a weak draft. eg 2006, and or 2004. drafting at number 6 I believe we had a good shot at either, Dal Cole Bennet, or the German Gretzky, one of the 3. My hopes have been dashed now, and we will probably settle for some future second line player. I'm not joking. The only players that have top line potential is the big fowards, (Reinhart, Bennet, Dassarti, and Dal Cole) with rounding it up, of Ekblad, Byron Ritchie is a playmaking version and a sniper version of MIlan Lucic, with a top 6 pick, we will be gauranteed one of the big 5 forwards, then after that it's all crap shooting. Literally. Bunch of potential top 6 players, and top 4 dmans. this sucks. Oh wells. I'm going to kindly remind people this right now, outside the top 5 fowards in this draft most of them are have a ceiling of a 2nd line foward. or a top 4 dman. talk about dman... this year's draft is terrible for dmans, with a bunch of 5 footers. Oh man did we shoot ourselves in the balls tonight with this useless win....

Hmm, there are eight I really like, and I'm starting to think think we're likely to miss out on landing one of them.

If our GM doesn't land Vanek, Gaborik, or Callahan this off season, I'll be pretty upset.. we have a lot of dough to throw at them this off season.

Not really, the Sedins, Kassian, Hansen, Tanev, they will all be getting raises next year.

Even with a Booth buyout we won't have a capspace advantage over any of the top teams. You are aware the cap goes up for them as well?

I think your dreaming if you truly believe some teams can take momentum into next season. It really doesn't work that way. Of course your right... the Canucks have pride, but I hope you understand my frustration. I believe a higher pick is a much better choice then some "momentum" that probably might not even be there come next October probably a good handful of new players.

the 1st 5 is tier 1, the next tier is like the next 4 picks..... the rest is all over the place. Such draft usually represents a weak draft. eg 2006, and or 2004. drafting at number 6 I believe we had a good shot at either, Dal Cole Bennet, or the German Gretzky, one of the 3. My hopes have been dashed now, and we will probably settle for some future second line player. I'm not joking. The only players that have top line potential is the big fowards, (Reinhart, Bennet, Dassarti, and Dal Cole) with rounding it up, of Ekblad, Byron Ritchie is a playmaking version and a sniper version of MIlan Lucic, with a top 6 pick, we will be gauranteed one of the big 5 forwards, then after that it's all crap shooting. Literally. Bunch of potential top 6 players, and top 4 dmans. this sucks. Oh wells. I'm going to kindly remind people this right now, outside the top 5 fowards in this draft most of them are have a ceiling of a 2nd line foward. or a top 4 dman. talk about dman... this year's draft is terrible for dmans, with a bunch of 5 footers. Oh man did we shoot ourselves in the balls tonight with this useless win....

You don't know for sure that Reinhart, Bennett, Draisaitl are the only ones with enough potential to become "top line forwards". That's just ignorant.

Perlini, Ritchie, Ehlers, Virtanen and Kapanen can just as well become those types of players and have shown indications that they can be.

You need to relax - you never know how good this kids are gonna be, even if they're 'projected' to be a 2nd liner, they could turn out better.

Hmm, there are eight I really like, and I'm starting to think think we're likely to miss out on landing one of them.

My order up to 14th (just my opinion of course): Ekblad, Reinhart, Bennett, Draisaitl, Virtanen, Perlini, Dal Colle, Kapanen (most underrated player in draft I think), Ehlers, Ritchie, Nylander, Pastrnak, Fleury, Kempe.

Some I want more than others of course, but I would be ECSTATIC if we draft any one of these guys. I'd say after my top-4, most have the same probability for success. It will happen for some, and some it won't.

I was hoping for them to tank, but what a great effort.. I might have to change my tune a bit!

Canucks for the cup!!

Pretty cool to see Colton Sissons play in Vancouver for the first time, he had a solid game!

Oh and our Weber was clearly better tonight..

Great effort? They played terribly. I was at the game and it was a horrible effort aside from maybe 5-6 minutes.

My order up to 14th (just my opinion of course): Ekblad, Reinhart, Bennett, Draisaitl, Virtanen, Perlini, Dal Colle, Kapanen (most underrated player in draft I think), Ehlers, Ritchie, Nylander, Pastrnak, Fleury, Kempe.

Some I want more than others of course, but I would be ECSTATIC if we draft any one of these guys. I'd say after my top-4, most have the same probability for success. It will just happen for some, and some it may not.

Kapanen, I do like. I definitely have him in the nine hole, I just see some separation there after those top eight.

Craig Button (who I trust more than just about any of the pundits-he gets a lot of shit but back check his lists some time) likes Jake Virtanen 41st.

Kapanen, I do like. I definitely have him in the nine hole, I just see some separation there after those top eight.

Craig Button (who I trust more than just about any of the pundits-he gets a lot of crap but back check his lists some time) likes Jake Virtanen 41st.

Dude, S N Y P E R S could make a better mock draft if he had Ehlers slotted at every spot leading to the 41st ;)

B-Mac has Virtanen top-10 and so does ISS.

In 2011, Button had Ryan Murphy at #4 (In hindsight, this is way off).

In 2012, Button had Olli Määtta at #28 (In hindsight, one of the bigger successes of that draft class so far).

That's actually exactly how it works on both a personal and team dynamic. If you miss the playoffs you don't want to go into next seasons with little hope of making a roster spot or thinking that the team was very far off at the end of the year. The 4 months off is a long time to dwell on the last season and if you can finish it on a positive note rather than a negative one then are hungrier for the season to start. Otherwise you are already mentally down before the first exhibition game

I'm going to assume you don't actually know much about these prospects if you can't differentiate between Byron Ritchie and Nick Ritchie.

Suffice to say, franchise players are not always found in the top 5 of a draft. There are tiers, for sure, but those are projections. Projections are more often wrong than completely accurate.

Buck up, sunshine. You're putting the cart before the horse.

This offseason is going to be interesting. We have to seriously consider if we want to blow this thing up. When healthy, this team isn't that bad. If we can be major players in FA and maybe shake up some things, I think we could try to go for another run. I know it's only one win but if you think about our core guys like Kesler, Sedins, Higgins (whose played well this year), Burrows, Kassian (who may be ready for that top 6 role), we may be ok. With some infusion of youth, perhaps Jensen and Horvat we may be able to role 3 consistent scoring lines instead of relying on 90+ points each from the Sedins.

Archived