The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Dave Bolland could sign with the Canucks if he doesn’t return to the Leafs

If we were finalizing our line up for a stanley cup push, then yeah...

But we're not, we're on the cusp of a re-build, so he makes no sense at all

We are not on the cusp of a rebuild. People in Van just don't get it. The good teams don't put themselves into a fracking rebuild. Why has Detroit made the playoffs 23 years straight? Because they have never, not once, said they were in the midst of a "rebuild". Bolland would be a great player to bring the Canucks in order to put the team back into contention as a true contender. With Torts being on his way (with god's good grace), and Linden hiring a coach that understand ice hockey and not just goonery, we could have an extremely solid middle. If Bolland was signed We would have Henrik, Kesler, Bolland, Richardson and Matthias.

Now, Bolland or no Bolland, the Canucks need to buyout Jason Garrison, I could make a 10 minute video of clips where he falls over trying to skate backwards. The guy has a great shot, but his overall skill is not even close to NHL acceptable.

With the cap going up and a weak UFA pool, a guy like Bolland is going to get mucho $$. We don't really need a 3C next season (Richardson, Matthias, Santoreli, Horvat, Gaunce), so I'd rather see them put the $ into getting a goal scorer.

Santorelli does not have what it takes to be a 3rd line center on an elite team, which is what the Canucks have been for some years now and I can't see Linden being experimental in his first year. Santorelli will be signed as a depth player or a minor-league player. Horvat is not even close to the NHL and in my opinion will never be an effective NHL option. Gaunce has been pretty quiet ever since he was drafted and watching him in this years pre-season looked pretty far from NHL ready. Richardson/Matthias would serve extremely well as a 4th line center. Bolland fits our needs perfectly. We need to have a 3rd line like we used to have, something comparable to Torres, Lapierre, Hansen, the line that got us to the cup.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Those would have to be 'latrine ratticus' and 'gorillan ganglyous magnon' I do believe tho I would have to check.

Ah, yes, I keep getting those ones mixed up.

3 players I never want to see dressed as Canucks

Brad Marchand

Duncan Keith

Dave Bolland

I don't care what they bring, I will never cheer for them.

Funny thing about that....

....if you asked fans of other teams, a lot of them would have Burrows, Kesler and Bieksa on that list.

It's a bit of a moot point anyway IMO, Bolland will probably get more money than he deserves. I wouldn't mind him on the Canucks, but I just don't see it, considering the contract he'd likely command and the current state of the Canucks' franchise.

Personally, I see other, likely cheaper options that I'd be more interested in pursuing. Brian Boyle, Michal Handzus, Dustin Penner, Jay McClement and of course, Mike Santorelli....

Which Bolland later retracted and regretted, saying they weren't nice things to say. He even praised the Sedins for being tougher than they seem. Sedins take a lot of punishment.

Linden, I presume, is going to see past things like this IF Bolland is the right fit.

We don't have enough toughness in the lineup and I'm not even really the type to advocate "toughness" over skill. We don't have as much skill as we'd like to think we have either.

Linden BETTER be beyond past deeds for otherwise, this honeymoon will be short lived.

Funny thing about that....

....if you asked fans of other teams, a lot of them would have Burrows, Kesler and Bieksa on that list.

It's a bit of a moot point anyway IMO, Bolland will probably get more money than he deserves. I wouldn't mind him on the Canucks, but I just don't see it, considering the contract he'd likely command and the current state of the Canucks' franchise.

Personally, I see other, likely cheaper options that I'd be more interested in pursuing. Brian Boyle, Michal Handzus, Dustin Penner, Jay McClement and of course, Mike Santorelli....

There's a humongous difference between Bolland and the rest of the list mate.

If Kesler is the best 3C in the game, Bolland is second. But since Kesler refuses to play there because he's such a great team guy, that makes Bolland the best 3C in the game today.

If Kesler is the best 3C in the game, Bolland is second. But since Kesler refuses to play there because he's such a great team guy, that makes Bolland the best 3C in the game today.

Still have your head in the gutters thinking Kesler is a third line center eh CH? Bolland is no more than that and has proven he can't handle 2nd line minutes.

3 players I never want to see dressed as Canucks

Brad Marchand

Duncan Keith

Dave Bolland

I don't care what they bring, I will never cheer for them.

The Catholic based Norse Empire gets to Greenland and cuts trees to build a Church. Greenland being an isolated and fragile ecosystem, the trees never grew back. Building a Church was their demise and the last record to be written out of Norse Greenland, is a priest's admission of eating the last baby of the village before dying out himself. However, Catholicism was never questioned.

Old, unquestioned beliefs can be detrimental to evolution.

If the Canucks were to end up with Marchard, Keith and Bolland, you can bet they would be much closer to a cup.

You're saying you don't like winners who win cups because of your beliefs. Sad really. Need not look elsewhere but yourself really. So much hate.

There certainly is....

....I'd guess about a 4 million dollar difference, at least.

The Dave Bolland who beat us is no longer that Dave Bolland.

He is now Andrew Shaw.

I wish he was.

Boland isn't going to be really healthy at any time for the rest of his career.

Any team that signs him will have should go year to year.

If Shaw was a UFA, someone would give him $4M+ per season.

Archived