The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

ATL in a sharp tailspin. Lost a lot of games in August. If the Jays can't beat them without EE, they're in trouble for the rest of the league. Good to learn how to win without your stars... learn this the easy way - against poor teams like the Braves. Atlanta is the lowest scoring team in the NL, won't take much offensive firepower to beat them.

ATL in a sharp tailspin. Lost a lot of games in August. If the Jays can't beat them without EE, they're in trouble for the rest of the league. Good to learn how to win without your stars... learn this the easy way - against poor teams like the Braves. Atlanta is the lowest scoring team in the NL, won't take much offensive firepower to beat them.

The Braves have 88 Home Runs this season.

Bautista + Donaldson + Encarnacion have more than their entire team, with 105 between themselves.

... Subtract those guys, and the rest of the Jays still beat them, with 97 Home runs combined.

I read that comment somewhere a week or two ago, and while adjusting recent stats, it's gotten worse.

Home runs don't win games, but the Jays should be torching them, with or without a star or two. The Braves are a miserable team. Probably the worst in all of baseball this year, and they're cold as hell, only trending further down.

No DH in Atlanta. The pitchers will be swinging the bats.

Right, that slipped my mind for some reason, lol. I'd go with Colabello at 1st then. Smoak hasn't been doing much offensively for a while, and if we're needing to replace both Encarnacion and Tulo, I'd say use his Cola's bat.

Like you said though, they'll probably just start Smoak anyways.

Colabello's got 300 ABs now and he's still up at .330, .374 in August.

So much for coming back down to earth, he's looking like John Olerud at the dish.

He's certainly a better hitter than Smoak. I'm just going with a hunch on tomorrow night's start. Gibby seems to like surrounding Price with the best defensive team possible.

Of course, with Tulo and possibly Edwin out, that philosophy could change...

@Sportsnet: #BlueJays moving Drew Hutchison to bullpen, Marco Estrada to start on Thursday: http://t.co/ATUBWH3k7p#MLB http://t.co/dg6Jkn0RXL

I think this is the smart move.

At the moment, Hendricks is really the only reliable long reliever the Jays have. Hutch could be a valuable option there for Gibby, especially if Buehrle's shoulder gives him more problems, or Stroman has to pitch limited innings.

Anybody see that kid O'Malley from the Mariners get hit in the head on a pick off play yesterday? At first glance it looked like it hit the helmet, but watching the replay, you can see his helmet falls off as he's diving back into second and the ball hits him in the head.

Luckily, he was okay and stayed in the game.