The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

Ending the season playing poorly, and never got their mojo back.

Must win game from now on. It's not impossible to win three straight in baseball. Just have to go game by game.

Yep. Add in the stat that we haven't lost 3 straight since the first week of July also helps. I think if we can win Game 3 the momentum will shift to our favour.

I think they will take Game 3, but a massive uphill battle to get back into the series. The Jays had plenty of chances to pull ahead but the bats could not get the job done.

This was a tough one to lose. I don't expect the Jays to win 3 straight but they have to take it one game at a time. It is survival mode now.

Between that gong show performance of mangling the strike zone, listening to that idiot Bob Costas, and the incompetent video review (ironic that the game took place in Toronto, where the NHL typically mangles the review process), that was quite possibly the worst excuse for a supporting cast to a game that I have ever witnesssed in MLB;

I hope they stick with the same lineup in game 3 that they had in game 2, except the only player I would switch is Martin for Navarro. As soon as Martin made that throwing error in the 1st inning it affected him for the the whole game, you need your catcher to be in the right state of mind no matter what happens. Martin can get rattled to easily and Narvarro has a much better composure then Martin, that's my only change.

I hope they stick with the same lineup in game 3 that they had in game 2, except the only player I would switch is Martin for Navarro. As soon as Martin made that throwing error in the 1st inning it affected him for the the whole game, you need your catcher to be in the right state of mind no matter what happens. Martin can get rattled to easily and Narvarro has a much better composure then Martin, that's my only change.

It will be anyways.... Normally Navarro is paired up with Estrada.

So Ben Ennis yesterday on 590 was throwing out the idea that if the Jays manage to win game three that the Jays will come right back with Price in G4 and Stroman in G5 if that comes to fruition. Or Dickey in game four and Price relieving, or something like that. Is that normal to see in baseball?

When it's do or die, you need to house the players who give you the best chances to win. That'd be Price and Stroman. Unusual, but necessary.

So Ben Ennis yesterday on 590 was throwing out the idea that if the Jays manage to win game three that the Jays will come right back with Price in G4 and Stroman in G5 if that comes to fruition. Or Dickey in game four and Price relieving, or something like that. Is that normal to see in baseball?

Anything can happen. I wouldn't be surprised to see Price starting game 4 if they win game 3. You have to play your best players.

Anything can happen. I wouldn't be surprised to see Price starting game 4 if they win game 3. You have to play your best players.

As far as I'm concerned they shouldn't start price in game 4 they scheduled Dickey, he's pitched well of late, let him go. You have to have faith in your guys.

Edited by Moose43