The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

Playoff baseball is no time to start worrying about getting your starter a W.

I agree but with a six run lead....

I'm not questioning Gibby, he wants to win no matter what, but as a fan I think it would have been a nice thing for Dickey.

They could have left Dickey in until it was needed instead of pulling him when up 7-1...cant wrap my head around that one...could go into game 5 with Stro and Price ready....but I guess Price could still be used...Shows to me that they think Stroman is their ace and was in the plans to start game 5 anyway.

Dickey 4 2/3, 5 hits, 1 earned run. no walks.

Price 7 inning, 5 hits, 5 ER, 2HR, 2BB.

Just don't see that as a necessary intervention. Too early. Maybe a case of over-managing.

Texas has had a hard time with offspeed junk last night and today. Like the Jays - and most major league hitters, they like the hard stuff.

I personally would have waited until I saw a sign of necessity, but what's done is done.

They could have left Dickey in until it was needed instead of pulling him when up 7-1...cant wrap my head around that one...could go into game 5 with Stro and Price ready....but I guess Price could still be used...Shows to me that they think Stroman is their ace and was in the plans to start game 5 anyway.

Agreed