The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

Really unfortunate result for Sanchez.

He dominated today and lost the lead when he was yanked. Should've been a very nice W but oh well. Really impressed with the work he did. No signs of tiring down and was throwing upper 95 fire like it was no biggie later on in the game. Hope he builds off this and maintains the swagger.

6 hours ago, Pears said:

Except barely touching the guy shouldn't cause him to miss first base by 12 feet...

even if it did change the direction of the throw, he was going to be late getting it to first.  I thought the replay might send Donaldson back to third.

Shoulda won yday but got played by a bad rule. Already up 3-0 and looking dangerous. 

The batting order from the top is just so freaking dangerous. Gonna suck to potentially let one/or both of EE or Bautista walk. I'm gonna try to just enjoy this season.

Also hope Travis can finally get healthy soon. 

Edited by Jiggs50
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Jays do seem to be striking out a lot, although they've been very effectively running up pitch counts.  Hopefully they can cut down on the former while keeping the latter.

yes..more strikeouts than hits...I was impressed the first to games of this series..not so much the last two..is this one slip slidin away like yesterday....Floyd does look good though...

I guess so...going home with a split...cant win if you dont hit.

Edited by ShakyWalton

Donaldson was walking with a limp all day I was wondering if he was hurt, but announcers kept talking about his allergies maybe bothering him. He did something and it obviously got worse as the game went on.

**Update is Donaldson has Calf Strain, expect him day to day for now.

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Gibbons is getting backlash over "dresses" remark.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/blue-jays-gibbons-dress-comment-1.3522964

Blue Jays manager John Gibbons thinks "the world needs to lighten up a little bit" after he came under fire this morning for a comment he made to reporters following the Toronto team's controversial 3-2 loss to the Tampa Bay Rays last night.

Gibbons said he was trying to inject some humour into a tense situation and had "no malicious intent" in his comment, which some people are calling sexist. 

"It doesn't offend my mother, my daughter, my wife, who have a great understanding of life. I do think the world needs to lighten up a little bit," Gibbons said Wednesday.

In Tuesday night's game in Florida, Jose Bautista was called for an illegal slide in the top of the ninth that robbed the Jays of two runs that would have put them in the lead. 

Commenting on the call, Gibbons said after the game that "maybe we'll come out and wear dresses tomorrow. Maybe that's what everybody's looking for."

Just last season, the slide might have been legal, but a new rule on breaking up double plays went into effect this year in an effort to prevent injuries.

Gibbons clearly isn't a fan of the rule that "turned the game into a joke," but many commentators and fans on Twitter weren't really fans of Gibbons after the comment.