The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

7 minutes ago, numb3r 16 said:

This is how you celebrate 

Good for them...although Ive never understood how in baseball they celebrate like this for making the playoffs. But one could only imagine that if the Edmonton Oilers ever make the playoffs they'd probably celebrate like this too.

Edited by Vanisleryan

8 minutes ago, Vanisleryan said:

Good for them...although Ive never understood how in baseball they celebrate like this for making the playoffs. But one could only imagine that if the Edmonton Oilers ever make the playoffs they'd probably celebrate like this too.

Before 1994, only 4 teams made the playoffs in the entire MLB, and those were the 4 divisional winners. Pretty big deal, not so much anymore.. Since then, I think it has become habitual/tradition. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

maybe Liriano....seems no more starts for Dickey...I wonder why he never came out of the pen in the last 2 weeks...been a while since he pitched.

I thought this was obvious. They shut Dickey down because they had to win these games.. Pen isn't an option either because his pitches destroy catcher arms. Also doubt Gibby wanted Thole in the lineup.

Wild Card will probably be Stroman. Happy and Sanch wont be ready and Stroman knows how to play in these games.

Edited by Xbox

9 minutes ago, Xbox said:

I thought this was obvious. They shut Dickey down because they had to win these games.. Pen isn't an option either because his pitches destroy catcher arms. Also doubt Gibby wanted Thole in the lineup.

Wild Card will probably be Stroman. Happy and Sanch wont be ready and Stroman knows how to play in these games.

might be Liriano........I knew Dickey was shut down of sorts but didnt know about the pen situation.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Down by the River said:

How do these guys get drunk so quickly lol. Don't care how many beers you can drink in 30 minutes, you're not going to be drunk straight away.

There's a difference when someone is a drinker, and someone who plays everyday and can't be a drinker. Hopefully you figure it out!

Professional ball players probably don't drink much anymore during the regular season, David Wells sees the Coors light in all of them though....

Tulo is my freaking hero, not just for tonight.

Any word on the starter or are we sweating that until TUES am?