The Stork

11 hours ago, coastal.view said:

i can see donaldson still being traded in the next month

he needs some playing time first to show he is recovered and healthy again

and can perform to the same level as before

if he cannot demonstrate that level of performance

he likely will not have as many options in free agency

and odds improve that he signs a 1 year contract with the jays

Sure won't be easy when he was just put on the 60 day DL...

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I think I'm as disappointed in the injury to LG jr as I am anything else.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/blue-jays-gurriel-jr-expected-weeks/

Gurriel's streak of consecutive multi-hit games was one of the few things left to cheer for when watching a game. With momentum and repetition being such a big part of what makes a hitter successful, it's long odds that he'll be able to carry that streak any further when he rejoins the club. 

Only two more games to tie a 95 year old record....:sadno:

Yup I was watching the game when it happened and it sucked, especially seeing how he had just passed Joe DiMaggio too, but you're right it was one if only reason to watch any games lol.

1 hour ago, gurn said:

Anyone know if they were deliberate/intentional walks?

So looking forward to this guy playing in the bigs.

Yeah not sure tbh, I couldn't get access to the game stats last night, this is all I could find, one thing maybe is go through the replies to the tweet and maybe someone there might know...

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I think I'm as disappointed in the injury to LG jr as I am anything else.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/blue-jays-gurriel-jr-expected-weeks/

Gurriel's streak of consecutive multi-hit games was one of the few things left to cheer for when watching a game. With momentum and repetition being such a big part of what makes a hitter successful, it's long odds that he'll be able to carry that streak any further when he rejoins the club. 

Only two more games to tie a 95 year old record....:sadno:

Yep I was pretty sad. I know he tied the AL record and could probably come back and get a hit first game but yes I wanted to see him set a new bar more than 12 or 13.

Edited by Xbox

2 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Don't you mean 2 hits B)

Yeah he'd have to get 2 obviously I just meant I think he'd be able to comeback and make contact first game lol.

I've been pretty critical of Atkins (maybe not as much on CDC) but I gotta admit that 7 year contract is a damn steal. Love that the stupid 5 year rule we had is gone.

Edited by Xbox
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Xbox said:

Yeah he'd have to get 2 obviously I just meant I think he'd be able to comeback and make contact first game lol

lol just giving you a hard time bud! But yes he's a talented kid, I agree he has the skill to easily come back and get a hit first game if he wanted too, heck he could probably get a hit in the condition he is now just no running lol

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

lol just giving you a hard time bud! But yes he's a talented kid, I agree he has the skill to easily come back and get a hit first game if he wanted too, heck he could probably get a hit in the condition he is now just no running lol

And he's locked up for 5 more seasons at just over 3M

1 minute ago, Xbox said:

And he's locked up for 5 more seasons at just over 3M

replied to quick before you edited the other one lol, but yes looks like a steal if he stays healthy obviously, just bad luck though imo on this recent injury. I think this year or the last couple days for sure, I'm finally starting to see the abilities that this management has for filling up a prospect system, and I've been very critical of this management for some time, but looks like their doing the right things now, so that's good.

• Upvote 1

On 7/30/2018 at 1:16 PM, -Stammer- said:

I'm not going to say that the tweets Sean Newcomb made were okay, but am I the only one that is pissed off that someone was douchey enough to go through over 5 years of tweets just to find something bad to ruin the reputation of a young pitcher who was having a career game? Of course the tweets are stupid and not okay, but people change over the years. I'd say a large group of current MLBers probably said something stupid or offensive in high school. This whole situation is showing the impact social media has on sports, the media seems to pounce on anything they find, and i'm guessing that some players have deleted a few tweets recently

Meant to reply to this before but got distracted, I too am getting a little sick and tired of this crap, what these guys did or said when they were immature teenagers for social media attention at a time when that language was sometimes normal growing up should be irrelevant imo. Do I agree with what they said no, but not everyone is a church boy growing up and I'm sure some of these people finding or digging up these tweets are probably hypocrites themselves which is the sad part. When did saying F@G become so wrong? What pisses me off and has for a long time is the N word and how it is still used in the music industry mostly, but do they get shamed for using it in their music? It's okay because their black? So only if your a homosexual you're allowed to use that language, really I don't know, actually asking because I'm not up to date with all this new homophobic language barrier now.

1 hour ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I never thought this year I'd see the Jays have the opportunity to sweep the Mariners of all teams and being at this time of the year, mind blown right now.

Seeing them collapse while their fans talk non stop crap about the Jays is karma at its finest. 

9 hours ago, Pears said:

Seeing them collapse while their fans talk non stop crap about the Jays is karma at its finest. 

Growing up Mariners were always my team behind the Jays. Now with all the Mariners fans calling Seattle BC's team and calling all Jays fans band wagoners and stuff I take great pleasure in seeing the M's collapse. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Pears said:

Haha yeah I know what you mean, it always seems to be like that when the Jays get the opportunity to play there on a weekend, and add to it being a long weekend this year. I like the Mariners as well so I can't really knock them, and being a Canucks fan and watching Montreal fans take over the arena sometimes, I get their frustration lol.

And I'll add they can also blame Vancouver tbh, for not trying to pursue an MLB team because they don't think Vancouver is a baseball city, which I have called BS for the last 10 years. The fan support for a 2 hour drive is more then the Whitecaps or Canucks get at a home game, so this BS crap that Vancouver can't support a MLB team is nonsense, just do it and stop losing revenue to the states.

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup
  • Upvote 1