The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

2 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Well rumor is he's injured again so he will probably be removed from waivers now, too bad was hoping to get something in return for him.

That's looking less and less likely. No team is going to claim him off waivers and if the Jays did manage to trade him before Friday, nobody is going to give up anything of significance for a rental coming off a lengthy stint on the DL.

There's basically zero chance that the Jays will offer him a QO, because he'd probably take it.

It's sad to see it come to this, but the Jays need to cut bait....

32 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

That's looking less and less likely. No team is going to claim him off waivers and if the Jays did manage to trade him before Friday, nobody is going to give up anything of significance for a rental coming off a lengthy stint on the DL.

There's basically zero chance that the Jays will offer him a QO, because he'd probably take it.

It's sad to see it come to this, but the Jays need to cut bait....

Well if he showed something in his rehab games may of been able to get something obviously nothing significant, but now absolutely nothing at all lol.

Yes and no I'm sure there are teams that would sign him next year he's only 32, they wouldn't mind taking a 1 year chance on him to see, I would if I was a contender in the AL perfect DH bat if he can't handle 3rd anymore.

But I agree time to have him move on from a rebuilding Jays team.

6 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Well if he showed something in his rehab games may of been able to get something obviously nothing significant, but now absolutely nothing at all lol.

Yes and no I'm sure there are teams that would sign him next year he's only 32, they wouldn't mind taking a 1 year chance on him to see, I would if I was a contender in the AL perfect DH bat if he can't handle 3rd anymore.

But I agree time to have him move on from a rebuilding Jays team.

I'm sure someone will take a 1 year flyer on him, but it won't be the Jays. He QO number is just too high...

Word is the Cards are kicking the tires on JD....Kolten Wong and Jedd Gyorko both injured, so St Louis might need some insurance.

Hopefully they can work out a deal by the end of the day. It would be a win for all three camps (Donaldson himself being the third)

45 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Word is the Cards are kicking the tires on JD....Kolten Wong and Jedd Gyorko both injured, so St Louis might need some insurance.

Hopefully they can work out a deal by the end of the day. It would be a win for all three camps (Donaldson himself being the third)

Heard the same thing.  Donaldson just cleared waivers too, so I’m thinking he’s gone.  Hopefully the Jays get a couple good pitching prospects coming back.  

Just now, Alflives said:

Heard the same thing.  Donaldson just cleared waivers too, so I’m thinking he’s gone.  Hopefully the Jays get a couple good pitching prospects coming back.  

I don't think they'll get much, TBH. JD is a pure rental and his health is still in question.

At this point, I'd be happy with a bullpen arm, or a mid-level prospect.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I don't think they'll get much, TBH. JD is a pure rental and his health is still in question.

At this point, I'd be happy with a bullpen arm, or a mid-level prospect.

Tulowitzki and Donaldson were so damned promising on that right side of the D, while both being great bats too.  It’s crazy how quickly they both broke down.  

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Tulowitzki and Donaldson were so damned promising on that right side of the D, while both being great bats too.  It’s crazy how quickly they both broke down.  

It's disappointing, but the good news is they didn't give anything up to acquire either of them. Jose Reyes and Brett Lawrie haven't been missed. It would have been nice to have Tulo's salary to play around with, but if we're being honest, another 20 million wasn't going to allow us to compete with the Red Sox or Yankees.

• Upvote 1

Just now, RUPERTKBD said:

Shi Davidi says the Donaldson has been pulled from the lineup in Dunedin today and it's not health related....

...fingers crossed...:blush:

I really hope the Jays get a young arm (or two) for Donaldson.  Eyes and toes crossed. :gocan:

32 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Lots of rumors saying both Curtis Granderson and Donaldson to be traded before midnight tonight, rumor deal with Yankees with Donaldson has to do with how much paying down first or something.

...and I'm totally okay with that. Of course, that means the Yanks have to up the ante when it comes to the player(s) coming back....