The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

54 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Ken Rosenthal is reporting that the Jays have traded Roberto Osuna to the Astros. No word on what is coming back at this point.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/report-blue-jays-trade-roberto-osuna-astros/

Wowwwwwww. Personally I like. Two solid prospects and a reliever to replace Osuna. Him coming back would’ve been a major distraction in the clubhouse imo. 

4 minutes ago, Pears said:

Wowwwwwww. Personally I like. Two solid prospects and a reliever to replace Osuna. Him coming back would’ve been a major distraction in the clubhouse imo. 

It just sucks that the whole thing happened. Osuna was a bright spot for us.

31 minutes ago, Pears said:

I agree. It was a necessary move and there is upside.

22 hours ago, Xbox said:

Hopefully this is the final season for Morales. Having Travis's bat in the lineup as a DH sometimes and letting other regular players have a day off is a valuable thing.

As bad as Morales was to start the season I do have to give him some credit, yes his power numbers are not good for a DH, but I was shocked to see where is average actually is after how bad it was to start the season, so I have to give him some credit.

Loup and Axford moved by the Jays today. I have to confess I'm a bit disappointed that we didn't see even more movement, but Shatkins did a decent job.

In other news, JA Happ apparently has contracted Hand-Foot and Mouth disease.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/yankees-j-happ-contracts-hand-foot-mouth-disease/

I didn't even know this was a thing....I've heard of Foot-in-Mouth disease....It's something Donald Trump has had for years....

I was actually happy to see them acquire some young pitching in return, I heard a couple days ago they were going to do this and they did, so I have to respect that, it was actually good to see, would of been nice to trade Granderson though as well.

Hopefully they can do something with Donaldson, would suck to lose him for nothing, so hopefully he comes back and gets into a groove quick to maybe force a team to trade something for having the rights to maybe negotiate a contract with him first. 

Next year will be interesting, guys like Morales and Martin will be on their last year of contract, so expect to see them moved and hopefully get some more prospects. Not sure what they're planning with Pillar he isn't signed for next year, would like to get ride of Tulo, but who knows with that mess, might have to be stuck with him for a couple more years or he comes back and magically plays like his old self but I doubt it lol.

But overall I definitely have some more interest in this organization again after the moves the last couple days, so that's good to see imo.

12 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I was actually happy to see them acquire some young pitching in return, I heard a couple days ago they were going to do this and they did, so I have to respect that, it was actually good to see, would of been nice to trade Granderson though as well.

Hopefully they can do something with Donaldson, would suck to lose him for nothing, so hopefully he comes back and gets into a groove quick to maybe force a team to trade something for having the rights to maybe negotiate a contract with him first. 

Next year will be interesting, guys like Morales and Martin will be on their last year of contract, so expect to see them moved and hopefully get some more prospects. Not sure what they're planning with Pillar he isn't signed for next year, would like to get ride of Tulo, but who knows with that mess, might have to be stuck with him for a couple more years or he comes back and magically plays like his old self but I doubt it lol.

But overall I definitely have some more interest in this organization again after the moves the last couple days, so that's good to see imo.

i can see donaldson still being traded in the next month

he needs some playing time first to show he is recovered and healthy again

and can perform to the same level as before

if he cannot demonstrate that level of performance

he likely will not have as many options in free agency

and odds improve that he signs a 1 year contract with the jays

So whenever you're feeling bad about the state of the Jays, you can just imagine being a Mets fan after the beatdown they suffered at the hands of the Nats last night. Final score was 25-4 and here are a couple of the better post game comments:

"Bono, Jimmy Carter, Amnesty International, Oprah & Bishop Tutu call on the UN to intervene in the senseless slaughter of Mets"

"Should be noted that Jose Reyes says he is not available to pitch tomorrow. So there's that going for the Mets right now."

:lol:

I think I'm as disappointed in the injury to LG jr as I am anything else.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/blue-jays-gurriel-jr-expected-weeks/

Gurriel's streak of consecutive multi-hit games was one of the few things left to cheer for when watching a game. With momentum and repetition being such a big part of what makes a hitter successful, it's long odds that he'll be able to carry that streak any further when he rejoins the club. 

Only two more games to tie a 95 year old record....:sadno: